Riley

Late Black G60

in that case mate sell it! in fact when ive had enough like when i gave up racing i sold absolutely everything related even if i really didnt want to, made a mint and was flush for a while got myself sorted now i have a rado and a bike both of which ive always wanted.

why did you give up the racing m8?

was it stress/money related?

tell me to shut up if im poking my nose in.

just wondering if it felt like a weight off your shoulders?

neil.

it bloody did mate it was caning all my money my wife was always out of her mind with worry, but it was so addictive then i had a crash i raced again but my heart wasnt in it and i did what your doing now that is thinking of so many negatives to your hobby beleive me if you sell up and take a look at your shit youll be back fresher more motivated and a whole lot happier! at the end of the day riley its an old car you knew it was going to rinse all of yer money situations change and yours is atm! you wont regret it!

Don't sell it dude, I know that they can be a real pain in the arse, I've almost sold mine about four times. You do get disheartened with something you have spent so long trying to get right. As the g-man says, take a break from it, it isn't going anywhere, and take fresh look. It's worth a lot more to you than anyone else, and you probably wont recoup much of the money that you've spent on it, so its defo not an option....

Just my 2p's worth...... and I'm a student now who cannot afford f*ck all!

Trust me, don't sell it.

Already scheming on buying another one.. you'll just kick yourself when it goes, and every other car you'll ever drive will seem inferior regardless of reliability, comfort, etc..

My Corrado has never let me down in the two years I've owned it and it's passed two MOTs for a total of £37. Granted, I don't do that many miles these days but I perform very little in the way of preventative maintenance. Basically I treat it like an old car and it doesn't get above its station. I think that's the key! It seems that these cars soak up all the money that's around them. I have no money to spend, the car knows this so it doesn't waste its time by going wrong.

Incidentally, I understand your situation. I also agree that no car is worth the stress and money worries you say you're facing. If you can afford to lose a lot of the money you've put in the car I suggest you sell it. My finances no longer dictate ownership of my R1 so I'm planning to sell it back to the dealer this week. It's just a production bike so I'll get my finances atraight and buy another next year. It'd be the same with the car if it came to it. Ownership of the bike for the summer and the fun I've had on it were worth the devaluation losses but I'm not about to let my sentimental nature to get me into financial trouble.

I wish you all the best with your decision and your future chap.

but I'm not about to let my sentimental nature to get me into financial trouble.

yer damn straight mate even though im in complete honeymoon with my ducati if i needed the cash she would be straight outta the door!

i appreciate the kind words guys. :)

my girlfriend left me tonight.

strange how all of a sudden the corrado is my friend,ive been up at the unit,messing with it to keep my mind off other things...

im not really sure if im gonna sell it or not,but for now im gonna get it back up and running.

a mate of my dads is helping by checking the head out,and im gonna either have to save some cash to get the bits to rebuild or just whack it on the card again,gonna have to use all the money from selling the sportline which ive been wanting to advertise for god knows how long now.

neil.

strange how all of a sudden the corrado is my friend,ive been up at the unit,messing with it to keep my mind off other things...

thats the spirit mate chin up you can loose yourself in stuff like that for ages.

aye,i feel like going back up there now tbh :lol: nothing i can do though.

its weird sat here on my own :?

thanks guys,trying to keep my mind busy.

lots of stuff going on at the minute that aint good.

on a positive note though,ive just been offered a rallye in px for the rado,which i think is a nice little compliment as i really like the rallyes,and they do go for more money dont they?

i know it was a px offer,but he said my rado was awesome. :oops: :)

sweet rallye.....

neil.

I saw that Rallye at e38 I think. The wheels caught my eye. It was some money though....

Gavin

Is the 'do done yet?

Is the 'do done yet?

sorry m8?

you mean the rado done yet?

just waiting on bits turning up,and then see how it runs with the head back on,heres to hoping. :)

2nd pic added:i put so much effort into minting it to a standard i was happy with,and now its just full of crap/dust again,tools all over it etc,cant be bothered with the 'woah,watch the wing/front panel business' anymore.

neil.

been reading this thread over the last couple of days, feel for ya buddy, good luck with gettin the c sorted, i'm willing to bet that once she is running right you wont sell it, take it from some one who has sold and gone to another then another and now back to another c and it's my 5th one and it's my first g60 and i love it, even more so than my vr which i thought was'nt possible ..... anyway good luck...

cheers m8 :)

out of interest,could anyone stick a value on it? i mean with the running problem sorted like?

neil.

i reckon the rado is at a finished stage now,had more plans but im gonna leave it i think. :) its been a hard enough 6 months just looking after it tbh,but ive enjoyed sprucin it up :)

its still not running 100% but ill sort it at some stage.

finished the rear shelf:

stuck the original straps in,made it so it lifts and fitted the amp,then covered in acoustic cloth.

parcelshelffinished.jpg

parcelshelffinished1.jpg

parcelshelffinished3.jpg

parcelshelffinished2.jpg

and one more exterior shot.

parcelshelffinished5.jpg

looks lovely riley mate, i printed your pics of your tb off and stasrted on mine last night its looking good not sure ill bling it as much as yours tbh!