Sign in to follow this  
corradostorm

UK Corrado Calendar

Right boys and girls.

I've been doing some research and this could be a goer 8). I've a printer already lined up. (Remember, a calender hasn't got to run fron Jan to Dec!)

First of all, how may people would be interested in purchasing a Corrado Calender (our UK cars).

Would you be prepared to pay £7.50, £10 or £12.50? (i.e. is it viable as price depends on print run)

Would you prefer our cars or full on show cars, one car per page, multiple cars, technical data etc...

You get the idea.

Once we have enough comments I'll be looking for inpur (i.e. pics) and drafting a design.

I'll be happy to in on this with the CF or CCGB if either party is interested.

Jamie (CCGB, CF and Jct29 member)

Hmm interestingly a few of the mods were having a talk about doing this the other day. Best to ask Andi about an official forum join up tho.

I'd personally love to get a CF calendar done and if we do then it'd be nice to bung some of the profits in Andi's direction to help cover the costs of the forum running :)

would be cool to have all the best ones on there for the months and maybe a front cover made up of loads of small pics of everyones cars

i would definately buy a couple one for the office one for home

Count me in, any of those prices are fine. The mosaic of loads of our cars on the cover would top i'd pay extra for my 20mmx20mm space of fame ;-)

The suggestions we came up with the other day were to have the following categories with one or two cars from each category.

Standard

Storm

Supermodded

Ice install

Engine bay

Euro/American/non-UK

Then people on the forum can vote for ones that they think should make the cut. If we're gonna aim to get a calendar out in December 2005 then maybe once we've picked cars to feature, the guys that know their way round proper cameras could go do a proper photo shoot with each one?

I think three or four pictures of each month's car would be good, with a competition for whoever can take the best pic to go on the cover.

The back of the calendar could then have a CF mosaic with everybody else's cars on it.

Sound good?

Edit: Actually, it'd make more sense to just vote on the finished pictures, so maybe people could offer their camera services to those less able members before hand? :)

Also, if people go out and start taking pictures now then we've got a chance of some nice snowy pics for the winter months... ;)

I am keen, would be nice to try and please everybody somehow. Maybe each month could be themed. Like 1st month the evolution and development of the C, maybe another month the Ltd editions (jet, storm, campaign) other months a mixture of originals and mods of each type of C, another month a collage of C's in all factory colours, pics of C's various optional extra's etc etc - kind of an informative calender that I can use to educate those that don't even know to pronounce Corrado! Also plenty of quoted press praisings etc. Also I am perfectly happy with some arty pics of Cs. Actually anything with the corrado in it will do. Will you do a desk top calender version?

Willing to try and help with this in any way I can, be it photoshopping or whatever, getting some photos from meets, etc.

Also happy to buy a calendar too at around £10 :)

Sounds great, I'd buy one.

I have a friend with his own printing business if you get stuck.

Ah nice suggestion Ford I think that could actually warrant a book of it's own rather than just a calendar tho... hmm...

The suggestions we came up with the other day were to have the following categories with one or two cars from each category.

Then people on the forum can vote for ones that they think should make the cut. If we're gonna aim to get a calendar out in December 2005 then maybe once we've picked cars to feature, the guys that know their way round proper cameras could go do a proper photo shoot with each one?

I think three or four pictures of each month's car would be good, with a competition for whoever can take the best pic to go on the cover.

The back of the calendar could then have a CF mosaic with everybody else's cars on it.

For the cover, how about A20 LEE's corrado and Paul Kippax's corrado's either side by side or morphed together down the middle, 1 corrado on the cover, left side of Lee's and right side of pauls? Think that would ensure the calender appeals to both the modified and std camps.

yup i'd pay £12.50 for one, and I think it should be 'our' cars rather than show cars since theres some beautys on here!

Will deffo be interested in having one of these... and like Jim has already offered I too am happy to help with layout/graphic design/photoshop work.

Also I'm a professional photographer available for shoots if anyone wants one arranged for this or even just for their own private use 8)

P.S. I'd rather have a calendar though....

*Title spell-checked... :p*

I was already looking into this..

But I can see it becoming interesting when the competition starts hotting up for being in it ;)

Maybe have a 'Notes' page with small pics of all the entrants who didn't make it into a month?

I'd love to see a combined effort by the Corrado Forum and the CCGB on this.. and stop with the different sides and just have :

THE Corrado Calendar

Fingers crossed eh? :)

I'd love to see a combined effort by the Corrado Forum and the CCGB on this.. and stop with the different sides and just have :

THE Corrado Calendar

CCGB? It will be 12 black and white photocopies and a request for £15 if they get involved. Lets keep it CF please.

CCGB? It will be 12 black and white photocopies and a request for £15 if they get involved. Lets keep it CF please.

:lol: I say keep it a CF only thing...

THE Corrado Calendar

Sorry, but come on. No need for that kinda crapola here.

THE Corrado Calendar

Sorry, but come on. No need for that kinda crapola here.

The calendar is a CF idea, CCGB members on here want to hi-jack it. If the CCGB want a calendar do it yourselves this is the CF!!! Sorry but it bug's me. Just like when a Zymol group buy comes up John wintle tries to hi-jack it with swissol, bang out of order and very dirty.

Plus, if we do a CF one, then the CCGB will do one and we'll end up with 2 calendars 8)