Sign in to follow this  
Riley

lambda wiring issues,,,page 4 :!:

There is no one else.......... :mrgreen:

Send it away. You can split it and have a look inside. Take a few piccys and post them up here.

Gavin

ok this may be a stupid question but what the hell?

is it possible to somehow run the c without the charger?

please bear in mind im still learning about these things!

cheers! :D

theres definately people who have done this - iirc you need some new pipes and a new belt - but someone here will have a better idea. Its only worth doing if you plan to be without it for a while...

ahh nice one,i was thinking about belts...

does the charger belt run the alternator and water pump too?

neil.

yup :) alternator at the top and the water pump is one of the bottom ones (pulleys) I believe. If I'm wrong, someone will soon point it out :)

Yes.

They turn them round inside a week though. Remove sunday, post monday, could be back in the post again tuesday/wednesday. Fit to car wednesday/thursday.

Sorted

Gavin

yeah I don't think its worth considering myself. Use the time to do some cleaning or replace other parts - theres always something ;)

aye suppose its pointless really,thanks for all the help. 8)

ill get it all serviced and then maybe strip/look at/send the charger away or have someone look at the car as a whole.

neil. :thumb right:

I sent my charger away to GWerks and it came back looking like new :) during that time I was busy buying new pipes, bolts, belts etc, cleaning and replacing a few other bits and bobs since i had the access to other areas. have a good think, theres somethign there waiting for you lol

Whilst on the topic, the K&N on my ISV (boost return mod) is caked in oil. How does everybody else combat this or is it a case of just cleaning it out evry now and then? Is there anyway of feeding this pipe into a catch tank as well as the breather and then sitting a K&N filter on the catch tank (i'm not sure but that appeared to be the set up of a german G60 i saw in PVW a few years back???

Riley If you ever what a second opinion on things mate Im only in wigan if you want me to have a look!

I have done my own boost returm mod, so you can have a look at that and have a drive to compare it to yours.

Im only a few months in front of you on the G60 learning curve, but I have had good chats with the likes of H100VW and Henny!

yeah, I'm not too far away from you either Riley... Get yourself down to the Warrington CGTI meeting, it's always good to meet up with other members... 8)

yeah, I'm not too far away from you either Riley... Get yourself down to the Warrington CGTI meeting, it's always good to meet up with other members... 8)

2nd sunday of the month.. The Hermit pub in Hermatige Green. Not sure if I'll be there but I am off work so might get the opportunity??

Gavin

sound,cheers guys! 8)

i may pop down this sunday then!

what road is the pub on?

i gets lost v easily!

neil. :D

THE HERMIT INN

HERMITAGE GREEN LANE, WINWICK, WARRINGTON, CHESHIRE. WA2 8SJ

Off the M6 at junction 22, right turn up the duel carrage way to the end, right at the lights/roundabout, first right, then its down there on ya right in about 1-2 miles!

thanks gibber,if i dont make it down,ill pop over and see you and let you have a drive if thats ok?

cheers neil. :D

well today i managed to change the plugs/cap and rotor arm/oil filter/oil/air filter/fuel filter and well it shifts like i think it should!

i dunno what could be diffarent,the old plugs were a little black,maybe the original fuel filter wasnt helping?

filled it with optimax and its flaming/popping/banging and shifting like a gud un :D

also tried the mfa/boost check again and managed the number 2000 in 3rd gear,is this around 14 psi?

only problem is on tickover it fluctuates between 500-600,what should it be?

thanks,neil. :D :D

Its probs fluctuating because its a little low, I have mine set between 8-900. Although I expect to be corrected on that one!

Anyway its easy to adjust, between the TB and the bulk head you will see a brass bolt (idle srcew), wind it out to speed it up!

thanks gibber m8,sorry i should have explained better,i meant the boost reading on the mfa at tickover :oops:

neil.

oh,i wont be able to make the meet this sunday,im watching a m8 rallying at wigan,3 sisters,anyone else going? :D

Its probs fluctuating because its a little low, I have mine set between 8-900. Although I expect to be corrected on that one!

Anyway its easy to adjust, between the TB and the bulk head you will see a brass bolt (idle srcew), wind it out to speed it up!

CORRECTION

Adjust whilst the BTS is disconnected or nothing will change... reconnect BTS

Gavin :lol:

bts=blue temp sender m8?

we checked the timing with the sensor disconnected,thats right aint it?

cheers :D

more questions guys! :D

think i may have found why my g feels slow!

gave it its first propper minting up today,all door edges,under bonnet etc...

1/

found a plug down the cambelt side of the engine,to the rear.

is this the wiring for the lambda sensor?

anyway 2 wires are not in the plug/snapped,hope you can see in the pic.

how do i repair this and what effect would it be having?

2/

is the other pic of the ecu hose which should be 1 meter long?

does it go to back of throttle body?

its nowhere near 1 meter,and is loose on the ecu.

what effect will this be having?

thanks,neil. :thumbleft:

Yep, thats the lambda wiring, there is also an earth right next to the plug...

The hose needs replacing, dealers should have some instock, about £4 for a metre or so (cut it down to size when you get home)