Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

58 minutes ago, Dox said:

Bought some high lift stands yesterday and got the rear of the storm in the air

10e268826b313413dc69c313076ebb7f.jpg

Part of the right rear piston crown is missing and the cylinder is scored (I removed the rust with a Stanley blade) rotated the crank with a spanner back and forth until the crank rotates 360 degrees

95ddccee9b799fb2593d17498aeddf2b.jpg

60addfd576a86ef666bc5015941c3c23.jpg

47f9055848b0265dad63212270fc561c.jpg

Obviously the piston is no longer any use, the block maybe salvageable? It looked to be perfect prior to the HGF

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didnt you have a spare engine ? I think Chris Ferry has a few blocks for sale as that might be a cheaper way to go ? 

38 minutes ago, Keyo said:

Didnt you have a spare engine ? I think Chris Ferry has a few blocks for sale as that might be a cheaper way to go ? 

Yes I have a spare, also a set of 3L pistons

Rusty grot fell off the rear bumper

8de2ce11845fdf235acc1a6f4cd66ec0.jpg

Rear axle is rough, as is compensator and all brake lines, flexi and solid

e62ae70df419d2a1ded0f26a4b4c077c.jpg

b3fb92acce010f6e8523664a02d046e7.jpg

d29146be5fbba0641729a81538e59cb9.jpg

2056b4b5e7d74012d776821e963d62fa.jpg

I have a rear axle off Hennys old non abs g60 and bumper stored too

Think the rusty grot is the bumper heat shield, you can still get one new from Heritage. . 

19 minutes ago, Keyo said:

Is that a Recaro seat bolster I can see , might be some hope !

Standard storm beige leather.

The grot fell of the drivers side, the bumper has some lacquer peel so I bought a spare when I bought replacement classic green wings,

19 minutes ago, Dox said:

Standard storm beige leather.

The grot fell of the drivers side, the bumper has some lacquer peel so I bought a spare when I bought replacement classic green wings,

Bizarrely that is where the heat shield is located not by the exhaust, Im still trying to work out why it is there,  Can only think its there to stop the tow hook getting hot as not to burn your fingers. 

Remove both wings from the storm today, inner wings look surprisingly good.

Holes behind NSF wheel, sill seam is rusty, NSR wheel arch needs replacing. Door has lifting paint above the handle.

OSF sill seam rusty, hole in the floor, rust on top of the sill, hole in front of the rear arch.

There's going to be more under the black waxoyl for sure.

Its a breaker

I was wondering if it was already too far gone but respect for having taken it apart this far

Ordered a set of front Pagid pads from ECP for £4.39 delivered. Bargain!

Edited by seanl82

1 hour ago, seanl82 said:

Ordered a set of front Pagid pads from ECP for £4.39 delivered. Bargain!

I bet they don't fit lol

I thought you went 288mm?

Edited by Dox

I've gone back to original 280s and stock rears too. Had all the original calipers refurbished and electroplated silver by Bigg Red. The description was correct for the pads, so we'll see! 

Pulled the engine and gearbox out of the storm yesterday, started stripping / separating ancillary bits and bobs earlier, the ring gear is loose on the flywheel? Has anyone seen this before?

Edited by Dox

1 hour ago, Dox said:

Pulled the engine and gearbox out of the storm yesterday, started stripping / separating ancillary bits and bobs earlier, the ring gear is loose on the flywheel? Has anyone seen this before?

Wow, no never heard that before. They are interference fit so can only imagine the ring gear has a crack which has loosened it off, or someone that didn't know what the feck they were doing has "lightened" it in the wrong place.......

On 3/11/2020 at 4:12 PM, seanl82 said:

I've gone back to original 280s and stock rears too. Had all the original calipers refurbished and electroplated silver by Bigg Red. The description was correct for the pads, so we'll see! 

They arrived the other day and are correct! 😁 They did only come with caliper bolts for one side though, although I've ordered a full set of slider pins front and back which come with boots and bolts anyway. 👍

37 minutes ago, seanl82 said:

They arrived the other day and are correct! 😁 They did only come with caliper bolts for one side though, although I've ordered a full set of slider pins front and back which come with boots and bolts anyway. 👍

Amazing how cheap you can pick things up sometimes, at that price its worth buying a few sets. 

In these  present troubling times I imagine there will be a few bargains surfacing, however its probably wiser to hold on to money. I imagine many have a few items they never use but had appreciating value and worth selling on a rainy day, well the rain is here big time.  

34 minutes ago, Keyo said:

Amazing how cheap you can pick things up sometimes, at that price its worth buying a few sets. 

In these  present troubling times I imagine there will be a few bargains surfacing, however its probably wiser to hold on to money. I imagine many have a few items they never use but had appreciating value and worth selling on a rainy day, well the rain is here big time.  

Indeed. I count myself extremely lucky in that my salary is unaffected by all this, which isn't the case for a huge number and I imagine it's quite a distressing time

I've told the lads who work for me that I will not lay them off and worse case scenario I will  guarantee them a 3 day pay minimum best contingency plan I could come up with because ultimately when things get back to normal there still has to be business there for folks to earn, however I have told them to be frugal with their money. Not sure if my clients are going to hoard payments, but orders will go down significantly, I think the hospitality and travel industry will be worst hit and the supply chains . I'm just glad I have a dog to walk and a large 7 square mile ancient woodland right next to me, It really does a world of good to the worrying mind, exercise in a scenic setting with a mad ass Airedale. 

The biggest thing is to not put people at risk that fall in the high risk category everything else will panout eventually. 

Edited by Keyo

2 hours ago, seanl82 said:

Wow, no never heard that before. They are interference fit so can only imagine the ring gear has a crack which has loosened it off, or someone that didn't know what the feck they were doing has "lightened" it in the wrong place.......

I don't think its cracked or modified in any way, I'm going back into the garage for an hour later, I'll look a bit more in depth at it

51 minutes ago, Keyo said:

I've told the lads who work for me that I will not lay them off and worse case scenario I will  guarantee them a 3 day pay minimum best contingency plan I could come up with because ultimately when things get back to normal there still has to be business there for folks to earn, however I have told them to be frugal with their money. Not sure if my clients are going to hoard payments, but orders will go down significantly, I think the hospitality and travel industry will be worst hit and the supply chains . I'm just glad I have a dog to walk and a large 7 square mile ancient woodland right next to me, It really does a world of good to the worrying mind, exercise in a scenic setting with a mad ass Airedale. 

The biggest thing is to not put people at risk that fall in the high risk category everything else will panput eventually. 

Good on you.

5f4f858b9ff7da35e9a8952b0be5bf01.jpg
247cc8a5cd05aedb8bdfec94c7bf9394.jpg
393439f49a56bae6d07578b00bcdc7a5.jpg

I can’t see anything unusual?

With the clutch cover in place it’s located with 3 dowels and 6 bolts so shouldn’t be an issue really?4262e14aa7e0e541a6ca0d8b8c71a3a1.jpg

With the clutch cover in place it’s located with 3 dowels and 6 bolts so shouldn’t be an issue really?4262e14aa7e0e541a6ca0d8b8c71a3a1.jpg

1 hour ago, Dox said:

5f4f858b9ff7da35e9a8952b0be5bf01.jpg
247cc8a5cd05aedb8bdfec94c7bf9394.jpg
393439f49a56bae6d07578b00bcdc7a5.jpg

I can’t see anything unusual?

Mine was the same when I took it off, in my ignorance I thought it was normal 🤣

I sent it away to be resurfaced and lightened and it’s now back on the engine, so fingers crossed it’s ok. The guy who did the work didn’t mention anything about it so I’m ok with it the way it is (was) 😁

13 minutes ago, easypops said:

Mine was the same when I took it off, in my ignorance I thought it was normal 🤣

I sent it away to be resurfaced and lightened and it’s now back on the engine, so fingers crossed it’s ok. The guy who did the work didn’t mention anything about it so I’m ok with it the way it is (was) 😁

GnG? Did he loctite it back on?