Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

Got a phone call to say my injectors are ready. I can't collect until Thursday so I'll post up more then. Tim, where about are you?

Cressa

Harworth, between Retford and Doncaster.

Got my injectors today. Cleaned up good with new seals caps and baskets. All now pushing out 55cc of fuel compared with the 51-54 b4 the refurbishment, so spot on. A big thumbs up to the service from Autotronix

Finally fixed my dash clocks lighting so I can now see everything at night. Also while I was in the area fitted a fuse to the earth on the headlight switch.

Marvellous

I got the car back from the garage today having had the ABS light fixed (replacement sensor), along with a brake fluid change and unseizing the rear brake bleed nipples. All good again :)

Had a pig of a job trying to fit my injectors and believed to be the o rings !! So I ordered some specific vr6 ones and the fit was far easier. I think the refurb ones were slightly larger when comparing them. Tjninny, Tim let me know how you go on with fitting yours mate.

On the plus side it was nice to fit something back on the car.

Today was a good day, the last two weeks I have had to calmly shut the garage door and walk away...

Had a pig of a job trying to fit my injectors and believed to be the o rings !! So I ordered some specific vr6 ones and the fit was far easier. I think the refurb ones were slightly larger when comparing them. Tjninny, Tim let me know how you go on with fitting yours mate.

On the plus side it was nice to fit something back on the car.

Today was a good day, the last two weeks I have had to calmly shut the garage door and walk away...

Put mine back in today - very tight fit in the manifold but a little oil helped. Then found I couldn’t get the fuel rail on the injectors enough to fit the clips!! Started again by fitting the injectors on the fuel rail first then pushing everything together enough to get the rail bolted to the manifold. Not too bad a job in the end and it’s all running ok.

You might be right about the new O rings, hence my struggles, but mine went ok in the end.

Got my inlet manifold, cam cover and radiator shroud back from the powder coater today. Had an hour me time fitting the new plastic rings and fans back together then fitting it to the car. Looking forward to finding time to get other parts back on so I can see if it all works and check for leaks... fingers crossed

Tjninny you are a better man than me in getting the o rings fitted, well done mate

FINALLY, managed to refit the cam cover and inlet manifold with all the ancillaries. To my amazement it even started ... I was very worried as I had changed all the coolant system pipes and sensors and in the back of my mind considered something being faulty.

Only a slight fuel leak where I hadn't tightened the fuel pressure release screw, but all is good. She has got warm with the fans kicking in and isn't going above 92° definitely being slightly less than before. Maybe the new rad makes a big difference.

Only the aircon stuff to sort before the front end goes back on again..

Maybe this is the year she gets on the road. I'll take a good day with it as we all know that doesn't happen often.

I just need to work out why I still have 1 bolt left for the ignition lead covers. Damn

Good luck everyone

So, after taking the front end off, I realised the powdercoated rad support panel was now showing signs off rust !! So off it went for another blasting and a better coat of paint, some polyurethane sort of coating allegedly. Looking good I have put it back on and fitted the new aircon condensor plus a new hose. As I ruined the threads on the replacement this has been a nightmare to sort. Hopefully I can book a mobile aircon visit and there will be no leaks. Then to refit the slam panel.

Oh I also fitted a new sump, gasket and stainless fixings. That looks nice

As I bought the early vr6 gasket and fixings when I needed the late, I'll put it up for sale on here soon. And yes, I now realise it would have fitted a late vr6 too.

Everyday is a school day

My rad support was exactly the same. I had it nylon coated which is apparently more hard wearing, but just like paint it seemed to be thinner on the edges so began to go there. It wasn't bad as it hadn't seen a lot of road time, but I just used some hammerite smooth after rubbing it down a bit to get the layers up at the edge

So, after taking the front end off, I realised the powdercoated rad support panel was now showing signs off rust !! So off it went for another blasting and a better coat of paint, some polyurethane sort of coating allegedly. Looking good I have put it back on and fitted the new aircon condensor plus a new hose. As I ruined the threads on the replacement this has been a nightmare to sort. Hopefully I can book a mobile aircon visit and there will be no leaks. Then to refit the slam panel.

Oh I also fitted a new sump, gasket and stainless fixings. That looks nice

As I bought the early vr6 gasket and fixings when I needed the late, I'll put it up for sale on here soon. And yes, I now realise it would have fitted a late vr6 too.

Everyday is a school day

Ive got a new condensor from a polo for mine as some of the corrugations have fallen out of the old one. Its smaller but shoukd be more efficient. Just need to get some hoses made for it. Where did you get yours from?

Bought a G60 the other day and have been busy titivating certain things the last few days.

Fitted new Drop Links, new rear discs and pads, cleaned the wheels and fixed and re-sprayed the broken front lip spoiler. Tested the dead rear spoiler. I think it's the motor.

Raised the coilovers as it was ridiculously low and then looked in horror at the new adverse front wheel camber. The top mounts are also perished so I decided to adjust the camber best I could by eye and then have it set up properly after I replace the mounts. Needed to toe in the tracking a little also.

Tried to refit and seal the sports exhaust without much success, seems there is no slots cut in the joints which means it will not clamp down properly.

I bought some new clamps and sealer today and have my hacksaw ready for tomorrows attempt!

Bought a G60 the other day and have been busy titivating certain things the last few days.

Fitted new Drop Links, new rear discs and pads, cleaned the wheels and fixed and re-sprayed the broken front lip spoiler. Tested the dead rear spoiler. I think it's the motor.

Raised the coilovers as it was ridiculously low and then looked in horror at the new adverse front wheel camber. The top mounts are also perished so I decided to adjust the camber best I could by eye and then have it set up properly after I replace the mounts. Needed to toe in the tracking a little also.

Tried to refit and seal the sports exhaust without much success, seems there is no slots cut in the joints which means it will not clamp down properly.

I bought some new clamps and sealer today and have my hacksaw ready for tomorrows attempt!

Always nice to get working time on the corrado, especially on a nice day

Ive got a new condensor from a polo for mine as some of the corrugations have fallen out of the old one. Its smaller but shoukd be more efficient. Just need to get some hoses made for it. Where did you get yours from?

Apologies as I've only just noticed this. I got the condensor from auto air conditioning parts, online and less than £100, exactly same as previous one. My hose was made up by Derbyshire hose and fittings and there service was excellent. I'm considering having more made up by them now that I've dropped the evaporator out..

I did damage the thread on the lower fitting on my condensor using the old hose and realised that the same damage was on my old condensor. I suspect that these have always been wrong and even a 2nd hand unit I had was damaged at this point. So I think the diavia hose and condensor aren't the perfect fit. Be cautious when doing this. My new hose and an old skool engineering workshop sorted that issue though

For hoses, you could try Bonding & Reline Services at Leicester. They made me all the automatic gearbox oil cooler pipes for my old BMW 635, a combination of metal and flexible pipes, came in around £110 the lot.

Thanks Cressa and SteveM. Cressa did you run the hoses the same way across the front or reroute them around the block?

Thanks Cressa and SteveM. Cressa did you run the hoses the same way across the front or reroute them around the block?

I've only replaced the one from the drier to the condensor for now. I've kept it exactly the same as before and will do if I replace the others

Always nice to get working time on the corrado, especially on a nice day

It certainly is, frustrating though not having the necessary equipment to tackle certain jobs I know I could do myself.

Still, I have enjoyed it so for, except for the endless jacking the car up to get it all done :bonk:

Got the exhaust sealed today. Turns out the last person to work on it put the short through pipe on back to front. That would explain why there was no slot cut in what I thought was the outer sleeve.

Wonder what else I will find fitted on back to front.....

Fitted a new heated rear window switch as the old one wasn’t illuminating. Then sanded and painted the slightly crusty bonnet support arm. Cleaned out the area around fuel-flap/drain. Then fitted 3 new Bosch wioers and replaced both headlamp dipped bulbs with halfords superduper jobies..not sure any brighter!..will try an updated loom and teflectors next.

After having fitted my new sump and a good idea magnetic sump plug, it LEAKED. So finally replaced it with an original normal plug and problem solved. Not often we find an easy fix

I always placed a magnet onto the oil filter so any small bit on metal sticks to the magnet.Dont know if it works but makes me feel better

Bled the brakes and put the wheels back on........it’s coming off the winter axle stands tomorrow!

Took all my aircon hoses off the car!!! Bloody crazy thing to do but I was bored and fancied the challenge. Going to get replacements made so I can have a little more reliability.. maybe