Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

taken car off the road, stripped rear beam completely, calipers, cables, brake lines the lot, will drop the beam after work tomorrow

thank god for irwins :notworthy:

Adjusted screen heater direction bowden cable - including taking it off the control arm in the air box assembly, because it was stiff.

If you have the same idea - don't. It's a bastard to get back on. (It's nice and smooth now though).

Adjusted screen heater direction bowden cable - including taking it off the control arm in the air box assembly, because it was stiff.

If you have the same idea - don't. It's a bastard to get back on. (It's nice and smooth now though).

I feel for you mate, i had the same thing. Took me a while to get it back on after plenty of :censored: :censored: :censored:

swapped my top rad hose over for a new piece of fuel line hose as a temp measure after it decided it no longer wanted to act as a hose, but as a sprinkler! Just need to find out how to drain the coolant now...

Also swapped one of my headlights over to a facelift model one, need to swap the internals from the other side into my old headlight as that one has completely buggered clips.

Just keep on working through... fixing one little niggle at a time :p

HIt 175k :( and wished that i didn't use the car daily because i've put over 45k on the clock in 3 years.

Finally fitted the alloys i bought off Hasan... they look sweet. Also fitted new Toyo TR1s on the rears and a new budget tyre on the front (until i can some decent ones next month).

The fronts required 3mm spacers and i know hub centric was important but damn near impossible to find for 3mm spacers. So got these off the bay -

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/3mm-VW-Audi-Alloy ... _500wt_975

The reason i got these ones was because they have been drilled to be 5x100 and the centre is 57.1 which makes them hub centric (doesnt it?) - they cant be fitted off centre as they dont have the elongated bolts hole like universal spacers do. :D So if anyone wants some 3 or 5mm spacers i recommend these. They come in 4x100 too i think.

had new starting fitted. Bell housing bush had disappeared and warn a bigger hole in the casting so was facing a big bill but Stealth came up trumps and suggested a starter for a V5 engine which does not need the bush support! worked a treat and sounds cool! :D

Replaced the bonnet release cable and bought a spare just in case. Still doesnt feel right. Oh and had to watch as my old car drove past me tonight, it felt bloody weird.

Looking sweet, massy!

8)

Thank you very much Kris! :D I even gave it a wash and a quick polish for when i put the wheels on :dorky: :lol:

dropped the rear beam

then had a fight with the allan screw bolts holding the brake compensator, i lost... but my grinder won :D

Very nearly splashed out on a full vibratechnics engine mount set as there was a clunking and squeeking coming from under the car when on and off the throttle in 1st and 2nd gear.

Turned out that the drivers side hub nut had somehow worked loose! :shrug: a quick tweek with the torque wrench and all is good :clap:

Next... :salute:

Today I washed and waxed it....

And when I figure out how to upload pictures I'll post them up in the members gallery.

Paired my Sony Bluetooth headunit to my iPhone so now I can speak on the move and also play tunes from my phone without any leads. Technology ay!

decrusted and painted rear brake carriers for mating with mk4 callipers and also the nearside beam mount

did loads of cleaning of rear beam bits and pieces to see if i could reuse

found brake compensator was corroded round the brake lines, will need a new one :( found one of my stud axles had a rough patch where the bearing sits... double wallet pain :( :(

Took the day off work to take my rado in for its MOT. Went out for lunch dreading the telephone call from the garage to tell me what it had failed on. Waiting for the main course to come and phone rang...gulp...PASSED!! With NO advisories! I already loved the car but now I totally love it. Garage even washed and hoovered it too all for £29. Bargain.

Happy days :clap:

Took the day off work to take my rado in for its MOT. Went out for lunch dreading the telephone call from the garage to tell me what it had failed on. Waiting for the main course to come and phone rang...gulp...PASSED!! With NO advisories! I already loved the car but now I totally love it. Garage even washed and hoovered it too all for £29. Bargain.

Happy days :clap:

Its a good and relieving feeling isnt it. Mine's due end of this month - fingers crossed :D

Mine didnt pass... needed to change my ball joint! AND OF COURSE I DIDNT GET ANY BOLTS AND THE OLD ONE BROKE!

Do VAG have these maybe?? :gag:

holed the rad,somehow!!! spent most of afternoon getting it out (much to the annoyance of the wife)."its that bloody car our me?" we all now the answer to that one :grin: seriously,can the new rad be put back with the fans attached,advice needed please

...fired it up after one key turn after it'd been sitting on drive way for over a month.....no issues...this was after the missus 'modern' 2005 car packed up!

I say no issues, but the drive to the train station showed up a horrible sound from the left rear shock...just as well I've just received word that Mr DHL man has just delivered a large package to my wife :camp: ...thankfully it's either the V-Maxx coilovers , or the Jetex exhaust system!!

Massy, those wheel look well cool - fairly simple and not overly fancy design, but really works :salute: