Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

Fitted an eibach alloy front strut brace 8)

Struggled and swore a few times taking off the nuts from my old brace. Ended up taking the front shocks off for better access.

Fitted a pair of late front fogs (gleaming mint condition pair, cheers asdf) also fitted some sonar clear late indicators. I just need to get some tinted lamin-x for them all now to match the headlights and to protect them, they are a also a bit bling against the tined headlights.

Fitted a vibratechnics gearbox mount.

Cleaned and oiled my cone filters.

Next... :salute:

changed the fuel pump, and have decided fuel pipes are in such a bad way at the back end that they need doing too... it never ends :) guess i need to drop the fuel tank for that job!?

washed it for first time in months too.

Did you replace it with a new pump? if so where from? traced my hot start problem back to the fuel pump, doesn't prime sometimes think it needs replacing..

Yep, got it from euro car parts, they ordered wrong pump first time tho, its a VDO item, yours is late model so sender should suit.

got the car back together after installing my SP263 cams .... was so nervous "priming" the car with the crank sensor disconnected. I obviously followed the guides and advice on the forums / wiki and made sure I turned the engine by hand first (probably 20 times!) to make sure there was no metal to metal contact! But even so i was still nervous as this was the first time id done any major work to the VR engine...

So i fired her up and it sounded fine (WHAT A RELIEF!). Took it for a quick 5 minute spin and all seemed fine, no oil light and no knocking or banging from the chain side. Felt very happy, until i parked back home, had some dinner and then went back to see a puddle under the car and dripping from the lowest point near the bell housing to block plate :gag:

spent the next hour convinced it was oil leaking from where the upper cam cover bolts to the block. Must have removed/instaled the blimmin coilpack ten times trying to find the source. Asked my mate and it turns our that is it gearbox oil... Looks like the box is leaking oil and it is a gearbox off job :(

The box was rebuilt less than 5000 miles ago and had the seals replaced when i got a peloquin diff and a 3.68 drive installed as well as having the timing chains done. Its at times like this a person starts to loose faith :shrug:

Bought this of ebay for £6.99 for when the missus and I go away. Bargain!!! Fits perfectly and the spoiler still goes up, its the same one that someone else previously shown on here (the bike rack, not the bike)

100623_202643.jpg[/attachment:2oj3fu1i]

The car failed it's MOT earlier this week because of rough brake lines. Spent the whole evening under the car sanding them :( What a job... they weren't too bad but think I'm gonna fit copper lines all round when I put her in for the winter. Don't wanna do that again

So now, she's ready for the Re-test... I'll keep you posted :D

The car failed it's MOT earlier this week because of rough brake lines

Northern Ireland MOT's eh :hitler:

My guess is that the hood flew open... Seen it happen a few times tbh, even to a person I know.. :o

Everything okay ..?

refitted the old temp sensor controlling the fan's so now it operates as it should.....

refited a brand new OEM ground cable for the bonnet (it even came in it's own box...lol).

fastened the head lights

refilled coolant.

Also noticed one of the new frost plugs on the head seem to be leaking a bit so that need sorting :(

managed to change the oil filter on the VR ...... whoever put the plastic bit on the filter housing must have been crazy.. it wouldnt budge, cracked the nut portion on the bottom. had to drill a hole in it, insert screwdriver to undo, but not until i bent one screwdriver and broke another !!

I fitted my brand new leather gear knob today that I picked up from the stealers yesterday, I'm well happy :D

Tackled the VR with some Autoglym product today but it was so hot outside I just didn't have the motivation to do a top to bottom valet! Just gave it some SRP and then HD Wax on the main panels and dressed the tyres!

Got under the car to see why my exhaust was squeaking - was due to the centre hanger squeaking. Noticed the centre pipe is not being held onto the CAT, oddly!!! Ordered new clip.

Must get hanger on backbox rewelded lower on the box to stop it knocking on the rear axle - ITS REALLY ANNOYING!

Polished my eibach strut brace up.

FItted bonnet bra to my carbon bonnet, had to drill 3 tiny holes into the fibreglass frame to fix the bra hooks into. :eek:

The reason for bra is that i had a incident on Monday with a square lump of rubber about the size of a fist bouncing up the fast lane of the M5. A car was on my tail and there were cars to the left so i could not take avoiding action. I collected it on the front lip of the bonnet whilst doing 70mph :censored: Bonnet survived but smashed the clear coat on the front edge. Do corrados attract bad luck or is it just me lol.

Fitted some new number plates as the old ones had water and dirt inside them.

Fitted some silver bulbs into my clear front indicators.

Gave it a good clean, t-cut and a vac ready for the trip to inters tomorrow. Meeting up with Monkey (Dave) the previous owner at inters. :thumbleft:

Next... :salute: