Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

Finishing off Air Con retrofit - just got to mount the reciever dryer and check all the pipe unions are tight, then fingers crossed i will have ice cold air con either Saturday or Monday 8)

Fingers crossed the weather improves for you matey :norty: :)

About 22'c and sunny here today :tongue:

Finishing off Air Con retrofit - just got to mount the reciever dryer and check all the pipe unions are tight, then fingers crossed i will have ice cold air con either Saturday or Monday 8)

what about sunday? :)

Can't get it gassed up on a Sunday so if i finish it by Saturday great, if not Monday is re gas day 8)

cleaned filter out, full oil change including new oil filter, new side repeaters, new i.s.v fitted which is so much better now,new water temp sensor, new headlight fitted. so a good service for m.o.t on Monday. :)

cleaned filter out, full oil change including new oil filter, new side repeaters, new i.s.v fitted which is so much better now,new water temp sensor, new headlight fitted. so a good service for m.o.t on Monday. :)

Good luck with that mate :salute:

Just replaced the front water flange on my G60. First real job on the car since i've had it (2 weeks) and what a dream! No rounded/corroded bolts, everything went smooth which is so unlike me!

sanded down 3 of the rims, polished up two of them, nice mirror, not show standard by any stretch but ok for me! Just need to make a start on the last one tomorrow.

Changed the metal pipe from the heater to the water pump (?), both plastic flanges then refilled with new G12. Changed Gearbox Mount then Oil, Oil Filter, Plugs, Cap and Rotor Arm. Topped up all other levels ready for Volksfest tomorrow.

Wanted to put Synthetic Oil in the Gearbox and also a new fuel filter, but ran out of time - Always another day!!

Ian.

Had a fucking ballache restoring my leather seats with the furniture clinic stuff! Done black seats perfect looking like new but in the daylight they now look bluey grey. Decided to put leather conditioner on them to see if they would be black again and it worked a treat taking the dusty layer off. Problem is the lawyer must not have been dry properly and it peeled a bit off so got to do a bolster again! Morale is be patient and don't rush things! Drivers seat is sound so gonna fit it tomorrow and not put the conditioner on for a while. Then I will redo the passenger and do the door cards and rear seats in a bit once I've regained some patience!

Deleted the rear wiper today :D

Cleans the back up well & I can see much better out of the back window now.

Fitted a new drivers seat bolster and treated the seats to a dose of Gliptone. Nice easy job. I now fit nice and snuggly in the seat again :D. I think I'm addicted to the smell of Gliptone :nuts:

broke the bleed nipple off the off side front caliper, guess that 288 conversion is gonna happen quicker than i planned.

feck it i'm away surfing :wave:

Fired up the 2.0 16v today having not touched the poor thing for about a month. Off for an MOT and some tinkering on Friday so wanted to make sure it started and still worked ;)

Changed the oil cooler and it turns out the radiator doesnt work at all and the head gasket has gone.

Changed the oil cooler and it turns out the radiator doesnt work at all and the head gasket has gone.

not so good man... the head gasket isn't that big of a job. What exactly do you mean by 'the radiator doesn't work?

I havent used the car since the start of march and the engine just heated up to 120 before i decided enough was enough and turned it off. The radiator itself wasnt even hot and the fan didnt turn on.

I havent used the car since the start of march and the engine just heated up to 120 before i decided enough was enough and turned it off. The radiator itself wasnt even hot and the fan didnt turn on.

Just done a quick search & found out that, if your head gasket is gone then air will be getting into the system. If there's air in the system then you will get an air lock. An air lock will stop the coolant circulating. To check for circulation feel each hose on the radiator (one on top & one on bottom). Both hoses/pipes should be hot. If one is hot & one is cold then chances are you have an air lock. To fix this, loosen the coolant cap (NOT ALL THE WAY) a few threads when the car is heating up to release some air.

Thanks for that ill give it a go. Surely if the temperature gauge (both gauges) were that high the fan should of still kicked in at some point shouldnt it? I think the car has had it though to be honest. Its probably best to break it for spares and look for another one.

Thanks for that ill give it a go. Surely if the temperature gauge (both gauges) were that high the fan should of still kicked in at some point shouldnt it? I think the car has had it though to be honest. Its probably best to break it for spares and look for another one.

Yeah, well if you have the heart & the hands to break it then good luck to you. You will get a lot more for her that way

Well been an eventful couple of days, MOT is coming up so been buying some parts for a good service and a couple of bits i needed for MOT.

Decided i would switch from semi synthetic to fully synthetic but i wanted to use the right stuff so been trying to do a bit of research before i bought any. Had just ran out of semi-synthetic and funds were running a tad bit low this month so bought some semi-synthetic to get me by until i got chance to buy some oil. Next thing, im driving home on my way home from work, same main road i have driven down for about a year after just overtaking a truck and went over a bump which bottomed the car out and split my sump. OH FFS!!!

So £100 lighter i have had to buy a new sump, yet more oil and have to drain out the brand new oil i've only just put in whilst also putting it through MOT, tax and insurance. To say im skint is an understatement!!!

The thing is my car is low but not stupid and it was only the 3rd time i've ever hit my sump, think i've just been really unlucky and landed on a rock or something as it dented the sump right in front of the plug and just cracked it rather than scraping.

Nevermind eh!

Figured out that the A/C system seem to be "working" - only missing gas (or it might be leaking, but that have to be checked out at a shop).

Sorted out some bad wiring - rewired with soldering and some "shrinking hoses" (or whatever you guys call it) - some wiring couldn't be saved due to cut almost at harness - but atleast put on some shrink hoses over the "cable connectors" they put on it).

Also fixed wiring on amp +++ on aftermarket audio system put in.....

Washed and waxed the car this morning with some new stuff that I got, Collinite 845. Very quick and simple to use.

Also Rain X and Rain X anti-fog. No wipers upgrade required. :lol: