Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

1. put the steering wheel in the right position (it was turned about 30º)

2. wired an air recirculation switch

3. looked at it for about 30 minutes :luvlove:

4. looked at it for 10 more minutes :luvlove: :luvlove:

Picked it up from the garage after passing it's MOT on the third attempt.

:clap: Nice one Mark, a sigh of relief then!

a sigh of relief then!

You have no idea. Really glad I managed to get it all sorted. Now I can enjoy the car without worrying about little problems.

Went to the dealershio on the way home, and got chatting with the main parts guy. Asked about the CCGB 10% discount, they said that they'd honour it, even without me being a member which I thought was good. It seems that there are a few V-dub enthusiasts there, so it looks as if I've got another source of technical advice. :)

finnished fitting the Hartmann Exhaust.

Finnished installing all new brake hoses, and bleed brakes.

replaced gearbox oil, and refilled cooling system with antifreeze.

Car pretty much good to go in to get approved for Norwegian roads (it's an import, so have to be checked out by some gov thingy...:) ).

First run on road "self" powered after rebuild ;)

ordered the furniture clinic colourant kit today. Once it is delivered on Thursday I plan on re-colouring the front seats, steering wheel, handbrake, gearknobs and gaiters...and then give back seats a sealing (and maybe the door cards). Just have to find somewhere to to do it and work out how to take everything out of the car! Have took the front seats out before but not the back seats and door cards. How easy is it to remove everything else?

I just took the cover off mine and started it for the first time since October 2008! Started first time, not a problem :clap: :clap: :clap:

Drove it forward and backward about a foot just to unseize the brakes, got everything warm and then put it back to sleep :sleeping:

Started the day fitting the bracket support for the fan-wires - sitting on the clutch slave sylinder.....swore some, tried again, swore some more, eventually managed to get it in blace, da*** it's a tight space around those places...:).

Went on to bigger and bolder things, trying to replace the ignition switch - (also included quite a bit of swearing). Had to hammer out those nuts they so kindly decided to use self locking "rounded of head" bolts on to hold the switch assembly....managed to brake some of it in the process, but think it's alright - not really broke, but a crack in the metal thingy the ignition key sits in...:(

Last thing I tried was to get it back into place, but gave up in the end, as getting that spring and lock "washer" into it's place seem to be hard as ****. So any tips on those are welcome - this is on an adjusted steering wheel - so the bearing part is not part of the lock mechanism itself, and the spring is shorter......:(

Finally got to get my hands on the VR yesterday after it being sat up in my parents gaff for 2weeks + garage for 2 weeks. Took all the empty boxes that had the new parts in them, out've the car. Coilovers / Milltek/ headunit / plugs leads etc. Got the big extension cable out and started the hoovering up process. Lots of dust, astro pitch stuff! and dead flies everywhere! Removed the spare wheel - this may come back to bite me in the ass! Reason unknown, possible weight save???! :scratch: :lol: oh dear!

Then checked the new parcel shelf fitted. Pefect! And it has the ready cut holes for me new 6x9's...their proppa trick in'nit! So big shout out to follow forum member for that. Big'up ya self!

Then the all important wash using for the first time Simonez tablets, just 'chuck it in'a bucket' version. Which I did. And they're not great to be honest. Still prefer the Tutle wax shampoo. Handy tip. Just pour some of the shampoo direct onto the sponge. Works a treat.

Dried her off, and noticed loads of new marks/scratches :censored:

But stood back and looked at the finished product and was well chuffed! Nicely lowered, milltek gleaming in the sun, as was the car. Interior all clean and new. And the new Sony headunit is a huge improvement.

So much so, I'm wondering why I got the Pioneer 6x9's now :cuckoo: :lol:

Can't wait to get back in the car after work and drive home......simple pleasures eh! might even go the long way.... :salute:

took a closer look at the power steering - turned out to only needing some more "bleeding" to get all air out of system :) WORKING!

at last got chance to bolt the freshly painted rear beam on, everything else to follow this weekend :)

Fitted some genuine VR6 front top mounts, bearings and top plates.

Wired my audi LED needles to come on with the ignition.

Fitted an audi red led ciggy lighter (cheers Supercharged Junkie)

Fitted an Audi R8 oil filler cap.

Replaced my smoked EL auto-gauge oil pressure, boost and volt gauges with smoked EL auto-gauge oil temp, oil pressure and boost (cheers Supercharged Junkie)

My existing gauges only had a 45 degree sweep on the needles so were hard to read. The new ones have a 270 degree sweep.

Next... :salute:

Fitted a new set of red tinted rear lights I have just finished, to replace the old ones that had begun to crack.

Also, fitted a new rear number plate, as the last one was beginning to delaminate.

Fitted a Audi R8 oil filler cap.

Finally cleaned the car inside and out in prep for the Stoner Park show tomorrow. Even clayed it then 'lime primed' the paint 9leavin it beautifully smooth) before giving it a coat of Autoglym SRP. Alas, I ran out of time before I could go over it with the Extra Gloss Protection, so I'll have to do that when I'm there tomorrow. :D

I need a respray though... :(

Fitted the back RHZW1's and lowered just a tad. waiting patiently for the front adapters to be ready :brickwall:

Went to Oxford to pick up some recaro speeds,

carried on with my Air Con retrofit.

Cut up the pass side Corrado front seat to make a subframe up for above recaro's..

degreased it, washed it, polished it and finaly vaxed it. :)

Starting to look like a real C again :)

Prepped, painted and finished my gearknob and gaiter with the furniture clinic stuff. Practicing for when I do the seats and doorcards. Bloody good stuff it is too.

Finishing off Air Con retrofit - just got to mount the reciever dryer and check all the pipe unions are tight, then fingers crossed i will have ice cold air con either Saturday or Monday 8)

Finishing off Air Con retrofit - just got to mount the reciever dryer and check all the pipe unions are tight, then fingers crossed i will have ice cold air con either Saturday or Monday 8)

Fingers crossed the weather improves for you matey :norty: :)

what about sunday? :)

Fitted a new set of red tinted rear lights I have just finished, to replace the old ones that had begun to crack.

Also, fitted a new rear number plate, as the last one was beginning to delaminate.

Fitted a Audi R8 oil filler cap.

Finally cleaned the car inside and out in prep for the Stoner Park show tomorrow. Even clayed it then 'lime primed' the paint 9leavin it beautifully smooth) before giving it a coat of Autoglym SRP. Alas, I ran out of time before I could go over it with the Extra Gloss Protection, so I'll have to do that when I'm there tomorrow. :D

I need a respray though... :(

Saw your C at Stoner mate, thought it was one of the nicest there to be honest. Good work that man. :salute:

Shame that mine wasnt ready in time. Am currently trying to convince everyone that I was saying it would be ready for Stonor 2011, not 2010. Althought even that is looking ambitious. :brickwall: