Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

Not today, but fairly recently... came to some traffic lights on an uphill, pulled the handbrake on and the mechanism came off in my hand, one of the bolts pinged off the windscreen and the centre tunnel ended up in the passenger footwell...

Handbrake still works, but not too effectively, and it's a ballache to get it on... it works though so it'll do for now, gonna sort it on my week off, as I bought spare mechanism from Neil who's splitting his.

Fitted a new regulator to the alternator. Got electricity now. What a difference for under a tenner.

Locked myself out, with the keys in the ignition.

Someone parked so close to me I couldn't get in the drivers side, so got in the passengers side, leaned over and put key in the ignition, straightened the wheel and took the handbrake off to let the car roll forwards. Put handbrake back on and got out to walk round to drivers side... door wouldn't open... nor would the passenger door, and the keys were in the ignition with the dash lights flashing.

Had to call the AA out, guy had his extra long wire coat hanger effort which reached for the keys and let me back in... just annoying really and I blame the c**t who basically blocked me in by leaving no more than 10cm to open the drivers door.

the past cup all of days i have been fitting my air to water intercooler

just wathing on parts the sum bits iv got at the power coaters :grin:

& for it to stop f@@@ing raining :brickwall:PICT0027.JPG[/attachment:kzeoicds]

After treating it to a new voltage regulator it spat the dummy and threw out the drive belt. Ended up taking the power steering pump off to replace it. The allen bolts that hold the pulley on were impossible to shift.

...Had to call the AA out, guy had his extra long wire coat hanger effort which reached for the keys and let me back in... just annoying really and I blame the c**t who basically blocked me in by leaving no more than 10cm to open the drivers door.

I think people like that should be sent on lessons to learn how to park considerately. Far too many of them frequent my local Tesco's :mad2:

how did the door lock itself?

Not sure...

Occassionally I notice that after turning on the ignition, the doors lock... then open when you turn it off. So sometimes you can't get out the car with the engine running, other times you can... I'm not sure why, but it's the Toad alarm that's doing it I think.

Not had any problem with the alarm, and it's not much of an annoyance, (apart from getting locked out) but I'm not gonna do that again!!

...Had to call the AA out, guy had his extra long wire coat hanger effort which reached for the keys and let me back in... just annoying really and I blame the c**t who basically blocked me in by leaving no more than 10cm to open the drivers door.

I think people like that should be sent on lessons to learn how to park considerately. Far too many of them frequent my local Tesco's :mad2:

I think I'm tempted in revenge to just block them in one day , not give them QUITE enough room (maybe a foot too little to get out) when I come back from work at midnight and don't leave again until lunchtime... and claim ignorance saying I thought they could fit through. Only downside is if they're selfish enough to park like they did, they're probably selfish enough to force through the gap damaging my car in the process.

Perhaps one of those straw-things or a playing card on the wheel or driveshaft so that it sounds like something's broken on the car hehe

how did the door lock itself?

Not sure...

Occassionally I notice that after turning on the ignition, the doors lock... then open when you turn it off. So sometimes you can't get out the car with the engine running, other times you can... I'm not sure why, but it's the Toad alarm that's doing it I think.

Not had any problem with the alarm, and it's not much of an annoyance, (apart from getting locked out) but I'm not gonna do that again!!

I think I'm tempted in revenge to just block them in one day , not give them QUITE enough room (maybe a foot too little to get out) when I come back from work at midnight and don't leave again until lunchtime... and claim ignorance saying I thought they could fit through. Only downside is if they're selfish enough to park like they did, they're probably selfish enough to force through the gap damaging my car in the process.

Perhaps one of those straw-things or a playing card on the wheel or driveshaft so that it sounds like something's broken on the car hehe[/quote:2mthryj2]

My alarm has an anti hijack setting which behaves like that. Can be a pain in the ar*e when picking up and dropping off as you have to turn the engine off to open the doors. As for revenge, put some maggots into the air intake vents and give it a couple of weeks.

Perhaps one of those straw-things or a playing card on the wheel or driveshaft so that it sounds like something's broken on the car hehe

Yeah I'm always tempted to give a taste of their own medicine, but I worry about damage to my car too. If I had the money I'd buy a nice banger of a Defender and plonk it nice and close :grin:

Oh and apparently a squirt of olive oil (?) up the exhaust pipe will smoke a lovely unhealthy blue black once the pipe gets above a certain temp :wink:

Well, not really just today, but the past week or so.

Removed wheels, disc's, calipers one weekend and taken to work.

Following weekend dropped the rear beam and stripped it down.

Shotblasted and powdercoated rear beam along with the disc cover thingies.

Stripped and shotblasted rear calipers today ready for gassing off tomorrow.

Not the C (as that's parked), but changed the belt on the Passat VR6 - and also the tentioner thingy at the end of the tentioner.......

Actually turned out that all the plastic on the wheel that surrounds the bearing had gone so it was only rotating on the bearing it selfe.

No wonder it started to make funny noises......:)

anyway replaced now with a alloy wheel from GAP - just like the C have....:)

Dropped the back box off the exhaust and the tank straps.

Exhaust is to be polished at work and the straps are being shot blasted and powder coated.

replaced 256mm brakes with 280 vr6 ones, new brembo discs, pads and refurbed calipers. also tightened up the handbrake so i dont have to pull it up to my armpit for it too work anymore! gave it a clean then put it back in the garage lol

replaced idle screw+o-ring (kr engine) which cured:

-intermittent crazy idle

-intermitent huge loss of power

-idle going up to 1200rpm every two weeks (which needed two turns of the screw to set it back to 900~1000)

-when starting moving the car on 1st gear, engine used to "jump" like PLA-PLA-PLA as if it had a broken engine mount, now it doesn't do it any more!

:grin:

something to be checked by (at least) kr owners!!! my old screw wiggled all the way round when touched by my finger!! now the newish one feels really good held in place :norty: :norty: :norty:

p.d. :norty:

hey, and :norty:

Got the 16v's battery charged up and finally dragged it off the drive to remove several months worth of bird schitt off it! Poor old thing. Going to get it taxed in January and sort the insurance so I can use it a bit more often.

It's now been de-schitted and been put back under its car cover :) Look at the state of it before I washed it though... :|

I reckon that picture could be a good candidate for next years CCGB xmas card Jim!!

xx

Don't be stupid.

There's no snow.

Ran an extension lead in through the tailgate, once I got it open, and jammed a hairdryer in the rear seat join. Switched on and left it for a couple of hours. Car now frost free.

Retired to duvet igloo to continue the dying from flu process.

Fitted a solid front mount. The old VT has split- looks like it would've totally let go sooner rather than later! The GB mount bolt just didn't want to go back in though- the new mount sits a couple of mm higher than the VT, so the bolt wouldn't line up. Ended up undoing the bottom two bolts of the GB mount and lifting it up to the top bracket. Top bolt then went on OK. Phew!

dropped the fuel tank to repair fuel lines and assess rust under filler, then set up an electrolysis bath - got a set of 312 carriers cooking at the moment :chef: