Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

installed 900lb springs ... man i love my car even more now. i think i got up on 2 wheels coming home!! i'm not sure my suspension even moves its that stiff (i'm exaggerating i'm sure it moves..but man is it fun)

500lb and 340lb springs in the garage for now.

Headlight wiring (repaired and replaced). Drivers side dash rebuilt. Windscreen trim refitted, plenty still to do!

This evening I dropped my Corrado off at the garage for an MOT tomorrow.

After a year of it being off the road I got all rialed up and spent some valuable time and money on the poor thing.

Over the last three weekends I've fitted new plugs, leads, cap, front top mounts, cambelt, pads and discs. Replaced a bent wheel and stub axle, cleaned all those places that get full of rotten leafs and slime and bodged a door handle.

I set the camber using a Gunson gauge I got of ebay. Really it's jut a tiny spirit level and a magnet but seems consistent.

I turned to look at the car as I left the garage earlier and thought "Damn! That looks good" After looking at it for over seven years I'm still caught off guard by what an awesome looking car an early Corrado is. Ah, love.. I can't wait to climb back in and grip that leather rim.. Ahem. Oh Where was I? I'll get my coat.

Got in and started the engine,4.45am,then proceeded to defrost a Antarctic glacier off the windscreen and side windows. Came home with the bloody sun roof open whats that all about.

Wash and polish, drive out tomorrow its my 2 days off. :smug:

Edited by Ray1965

Got in and started the engine,4.45am,then proceeded to defrost a Antarctic glacier off the windscreen and side windows. Came home with the bloody sun roof open whats that all about.

Wash and polish, drive out tomorrow its my 2 days off. :smug:

Edited by Ray1965

Got it out of the garage, its been sorn for 2.5 years and was on policy yesterday, MOT and tax this week hopefully :)

Wearing temporary wheels

IMAG0730_zpsb6484d0b.jpg

Got the MOT done yesterday on a retest. The flipping rear fog failed. Thankfully after a few minutes Dave Booker got it working but the garage had no time to retest. Took her in yesterday and got the paperwork. Tax next. After a winter of driving a F&*d it was flipping great to drive a real car again. Summer here I come!

Finally replaced the missing wheel cap that got pinched last year. Actually just replaced all four of them with Chinese copies. Would have preferred original BBS but couldn't find any and it would probably only get taken again.

Finally replaced the missing wheel cap that got pinched last year. Actually just replaced all four of them with Chinese copies. Would have preferred original BBS but couldn't find any and it would probably only get taken again.

Still can't believe that happened mate. There are some right scumbags around

I replaced the screaming bearing in the gearbox for the height adjuster on my recaro seats and the number is 607z!

and finally coupled up the heated seat loom from the fatherland

Today I replaced all 3 of my engine mounts and gave my Corrado a good wash and wax I have also draw up a list of other jobs that require doing over the coming weeks.

Ordered in a Bosch lambda probe and Cv boot kit for my Corrado(as failed mot on emissions+bottom ball joint near side) took car to have emissions checked and they advised lambda sensor change. MOT advisory note cv boot limited life.

Quite reasonable £68 delivered from carparts for less.

Car booked in for retest and work wednesday.

Gave Corrado a full servive and stamped up service book with my own stamp,

which just says (service carried out on vehicle)

Plus removed rear bumper to treat small rust areas,

which was mainly removing old under seal from the back of rear panel and floor panel close to fuel tank.

Also sanded down to bare metal lower rear edge of O/S/F wing just under wing indicator,

used some rust eater which really helped to remove the rust,

then used a little filler on the wing just to cover over the small wholes and area that is pitted,

but only to hold the wing together and keep it's shape until my mate can repair it as he's a panel beater.

Also managed to hammer out a small dent in bonnet,

and treat paint work where dent was ready for my mate to repray the bonnet also.

Ordered some sheet metal from my mate which I should have next week,

as I need to fabricate up a new air scoop as mine is rusted through in areas,

it's the metal scoop that is under the radiator,

it helps to direct the air flow up and through the radiator core,

I've been meening to do this for ages so hopefully I'll have time to soon.

Been having some water coming into car on drivers side,

found and traced this to be the front windsceen which is leaking slightly,

so joyice of joys another pants job to sort out, lol.

Si

Edited by vw rule

Compounded the paint, got all the winter grime off the paint and treated car to a coat of Kleen Freaks wax. :cool:

Edited by Ray1965

Compounded the paint, got all the winter grim off the paint and treated car to a coat of Kleen Freaks wax. :cool:

:worthless: :D

:worthless: :D

Hello Mr Clumpy. I will post some pics just for you as soon as i can. :D:salute:

Yeah not bad, called in a favour, just need to find new centers. Anyone recommend good tyres?