Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

:lol: they are sent to try us!

Seem to be Andy ! funny thing is ,though i have had my car for a few years now i haven't had too many of the usual faults occur until last month sunroof fail,now bonnet release,next month door handles ??!!

used dave's door lock to fix drivers side door handle! tidied up engine bay

de-wipered rear and purchased thermostat for fan only working on 4 fix

god bless this forum ha ha

Edited by loepan

Spent the afternoon cutting up a spare gearstick surround that I had to try and get the Karmann logo to illuminate. Ive been wanting to do this for ages and was surprised how easy it was with the right tools, prepping the Karmann logo took up most of the time, about 3 hours!

Better pictures to follow this evening:

DSCN8104_zps93407386.jpg

Excellent Rob love it especially the can of Carlsberg :lol: want to know how you done it :cheers:

Yesterday I got the stainless steel fuel tank straps on which was a doddle until one bolt up at the back, hiding over the axle on the fuel filler side, decided it was happy where it was. Had to go an buy a 13mm adjustable ratchet spanner which moved it eventually. What turned out to be a 20 minute job lasted about two hours! The forum buy is a good one. A warning though. When tightening up the bolts, just check the end of the strap with a flat head screwdriver to stop it twisting.

So, today, after a 90 mile run, I've checked the bolts and I've still got a fuel tank! There was a lot of dirt that made for another "interesting" two hours cleaning with the magic sonic brush from Aldi - I love that thing! However, I spotted a heap of rusty stuff like the exhaust hanger bracket. It'll have to wait though. Pleased with the finish, although the wife and sister don't really get shiny bits you can't see. A bit like millions of pairs of earrings that are in boxes?

I did this same job the weekend before last JEZR. The straps look so much better than the old rusty ones. I had the same problem with the rear bolts and used a wobble bar on my ratchet and it worked a treat. It probably took me longer to re-attach the new brackets as they need bending into shape. Once installed I realised the drainage type holes were offset so had to remove them again as my OCD wouldn't let them remain in place until they were perfect, haha. ;)

So that's what those small slots and holes are! I had to make sure they went on the same way they came off too even though I hadn't a clue what they were for as they didn't fit over anything specific. Wobble Bar? Weren't they a chocolate from the late 70's?!

So that's what those small slots and holes are! I had to make sure they went on the same way they came off too even though I hadn't a clue what they were for as they didn't fit over anything specific. Wobble Bar? Weren't they a chocolate from the late 70's?!

Haha, yes a wobble bar. Not to be mistaken with a Wonka bar. ;)

I had barely any tools about 12 months ago and bought a G60 that I broke for parts as it was beyond repair, the money I got back from breaking it I went and bought tools with. Having the right tools for any job is important and if you look after them they will last a lifetime...

That wobble bar has saved my knuckles more than a few times on my VR. :)

Fitted my new drivers door window scraper seal, which arrived Friday from Heritage parts & nipped out for a little drive to try & get some good pics in the sunset.

Fitted my new drivers door window scraper seal, which arrived Friday from Heritage parts & nipped out for a little drive to try & get some good pics in the sunset.

Lovely mate!

tightened up some loose trim and fitted an alloy oil cap, an messed with a relay for my horn, no such luck, loosk like it could be a bad earth then

thought about tinting the rears but decided the internet an gta was a more relaxing option

Took advantage of a decent day and did some detailing. Noticed a couple of tiny paint chips and scratches that have appeared.

Bought a car cover from Lidl for £15 (the medium sized one didn't fit) so got the large. That should keep the bat **** and spider poo off of it. Just hope the weather is good for the Brooklands meet.

Not strictly all 'today' but did finish today, instalation of blue silicon hoses set and a new coolant fill, new air filter, (oil tomorrow), fixed reversing light switch, ordered a set of refurbed speedlines with fresh powdercoating, new s/s screws all round, new bumper bolts, new plastic insert/clip bits.

Drove it. Handling when the roads are damp is still quite confidence inspiring, but wheel spin is getting pretty damn annoying!

Lots done today! New Koni STR.T shocks arrived on Thursday, so

* dismantled old shocks and cleaned up parts to be re-used prior to reassembly.

* oil and oil filter change

* fitted 'new' sunroof/spoiler switch unit

* other half started to fit new stereo system - new subwoofer, door speakers, tweeters and Alpine DAB head unit

* removed drive shaft (a total nightmare as one of the bolts was already stripped) so we can replace inner and outer CV boots while wheels/brakes/suspension is off

* bought replacement window control unit (thanks Wes)

Lots still to do but a productive day today...

Emma (and Pete and Warren)

Fitted my koni coilovers at long last.

It no longer looks like a off roader :thumbup:

captain sensible till I get the arches rolled :)

well its about time :silly:

:)

Just need to decide if I need to make a skid plate.

Driving alot of b roads over train crossings daily and no fun wincing each time.

Yes im a pussy lol

Cleaned the car and tried new product for my windscreen: Angelwax H2GO rain repellent. Applied two layers and I'm very happy with it. It repels water brilliantly. Now waiting for some rain to try it out in some more real life scenario rather than my car vs garden hose :)

update: This Angelwax H2GO is amazing guys. Far better than RainX, I hope it will stay for long too. So far, really good results, even with light spray or low speed.

Edited by guildmage

I did a middle box exhaust delete, the baffles had had it so thought I had nothing to lose. I was wrong.. I now need to buy a new exhaust asap as it sounds bloody horrible!