Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

Time to get the sub frame reconditioned so time to whip it out & clean it down:cheers:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]75487[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]75488[/ATTACH]

Time to get the sub frame reconditioned so time to whip it out & clean it down:cheers:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]75487[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]75488[/ATTACH]

Fixed heater controls, heater box mechanism and the pin in the adjustable steering column that kept coming out. Hopefully permanent fix now.

I rewired all my stereo and got all my speakers working. I had to permanent live going to the stereo so the settings couldn't be set :/. It is now linked to the cigarette lighter for the permanent, set up with some £15 Sony speakers bought from the auto jumble at Harewood, and I've temporarily fitted some 280w componant speakers in the rears (Need new parcel shelf supports as they've been messed up by previous owner). Just bought some 6x9s to put in a custom build in the boot. Tomorrow = brake upgrades :)

Massivley improved the cars performance figures by shedding about 420 pounds for its MOT.

Wrong lbs.....damn.

Oh well first time its been MOT'd in three years, needed welding carried out at the two front jacking points and a small patch at the seat belt anchor point. Two rear discs and pads and thats it ready for its back to weekly use.

Really enjoyed driving it the couple of miles back to the house and apart from the steering sounding a wee bit creaky (hopefully just because it has been unused for such a long time) all seems well with the wee beastie.

Dougie

I finally got around to sorting out my leaking heater matrix, I managed to get it done over a couple of afternoons which I was happy with as I've never attempted anything like this before. I've got to say the walk through I found on the forum really helped.

I did manage to break my heater directional control though before freeing up a stuck flap which was rather annoying, so if anyone has one for sale that would be great!

veva6ude.jpg

It's not as bad as it looks! It's mainly just time consuming. But as I said the walk through on the forum was very useful!

Replaced the "Corrado" script on the rear today, old one was well worn and letting the back of the car down. Picked up one on ebay and it turned out to be mint.

DSC00451.jpg

Covered my first 100 miles of Corrado driving!

Been using it more than the 6 month old A5 we bought two weeks ago!

Sad I know, but it doesnt have a spoiler that goes up on the motorway!!!!

Dougie

Removed the Gear Lever Surround, cleaned the leather gaiter and treated it to a new knob - Nice!!

Ian.

Where did you get the knob from?

Removed the annoying 50mph space saver spare and flat carpet in the Storm, installed a full size Solitude spare and a humped carpet. I feel much happier about heading off on a trip or two over the channel now. Boot space hardly compromised and I actually like the way the tyre-mound gives 'purchase' to items in the boot

From my local VW dealer, still available.

Ian.

Yeah, I've recently replaced this as well. If I remember rightly it was about £40. I didn't notice how bad the original was till I compared it side by side with the brand new unshiney one.

I've been meaning to buy one too - they look so much better. Also the leather handbrake handle but not sure if this is still available?

I've been meaning to buy one too - they look so much better. Also the leather handbrake handle but not sure if this is still available?

Late Gear Knob retails @ £34.90 + VAT Fay, Part Nr is 357 711 141 A 1BX. As Bill says that have a nice Matt finish to the leather and look good - No idea about the handbrake handle I'm afraid.

Ian.

Good to know that! I've got one saved on eBay but its £55! Don't think I could justify that no matter how original it is......

Purchased a Bilstein B12 Pro Suspension Kit on Sunday from Lewvw. Will be changed over the winter along with new OEM Top Mounts, Bearings and Rear Bump Stops.

Ian.

Not been working on corrado, but rather readying the new vr6 owners club website / forum.

Moved to invision power board full mobile and tapatalk support.

ahy2ysad.jpg

uhapydu5.jpg

Hoping to launch within a few days :)

Returned home today and looked at my G60 sat on axle stands on the drive. Same as the last 364. Note to self I must get the car back on the road whilst there is at least a little bit of good weather left....motivation please.