Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

Well, not so much what I did, rather what I'll do over the BH weekend. The weather looks as though it's going to behave itself

so I'm giving the old bus it's spring spruce up. Time to beak out the DoDo Juice, waffle pads and the buffer!! :)

Had the coilover height set and all for wheels aligned, £79 job done....... perfectly straight steering wheel now :)

Had an hour spare this afternoon so I cleaned of the old glue from under the bonnet.

Tools used.

1 maxed out credit card

1 bottle of tar dis glue remover (amazon).

Job done maybe polish it tomorrow W.P

Had an hour spare this afternoon so I cleaned of the old glue from under the bonnet.

Tools used.

1 maxed out credit card

Edited by Micky fletch
Double entry

Went to fit the adjustable intermittent wiper relay which I got of Davidwort, only to find out there's already one there,

Well you learn a new thing every day,

#feelinglikeanewbie

Tools used.

1 maxed out credit card

Was that an hour to do all of the under bonnet? This is a job which is currently top of my list.

Fitted the left hand side speakers with the components and crossovers and the rear speakers. Slowly tidying up my amateurish previous work with chocbloxks. Tidy soldering going in now

wheels cleaned, wet, snowfoamed, rinsed, washed, dried, clayed, washed, dried, waxed, glass done, tar remover and autosol on the exhaust, plastics and tyres wiped over then put back in the garage - job done.

Spoken to a bodyshop who sound perfect to tackle the respray too. Now to start sourcing window rubbers and other bits of trim....

Good day for washing

[ATTACH=CONFIG]78485[/ATTACH]

Amazing what a good wash and wax can do.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]78486[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]78487[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]78488[/ATTACH]

Just the inside to do.

Maybe tomorrow

Good day for washing

[ATTACH=CONFIG]78485[/ATTACH]

Amazing what a good wash and wax can do.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]78486[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]78487[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]78488[/ATTACH]

Just the inside to do.

Maybe tomorrow

I cleaned all visible paintwork in the engine bay and the underside of the bonnet today. Then I wiped down the hoses and engine cover etc and used some trim gel on the black plastics. It's a bit of a turd with glitter on thanks to the manky sound proofing but I don't think it's been cleaned in 20 years so it's better than it was.

Then I gave it a body wash, dry and touched up all the trim. Took my VR6 badge off and resprayed ready to go back on tomorrow.

I hope the weekend weather stays like this.

Yesterday - Fixed (hopefully) a vacuum leak which I think may have been contributing to the leaning off at the top end. Also tried to trace a few wires to see if I could identify why I'm getting no long term trim.... All good fun

Today - going to try to level off the coilovers, give it a clean, then eat my body weight in BBQ!

Went to replace brakes, disks, bearings and suspension on all 4 corners only to find 2 split cv boots on the passengers side.

Whole job on hold until the parts arrive.

Replaced the clutch slave cylinder so now I have a clutch again. Check out the one that came out

P5040001.jpg

Saturday - I treated the blackberry VR to a soak & wash, t-cut all over (bloody bits of tar were a nightmare) & a coat of ultra deep shine whilst the gf washed & super resin polished her storm

I also took the white valver for a run & returned home to find that the bonnet catch on the drivers side is not closing properly - another job on the list for that then!

Sunday - the gf was up when the birds were & very kindly super resin polished my VR & then put the extra gloss protection on ready for me to shine up once id dragged my ass outta bed.

We then had a nice drive to Stanford Hall & had a walk around in the lovely sunshine :)

Got my spoiler working today :)

Just remember: eyes on the road ;)

cleaned the hell out of a cream leather interior i got, ready for repairs before it goes into my freshly painted car end of next week......hopefully!

She's in for a major service & MOT, (inc. brake fluid and antifreeze change) plus a new radiator elbow.

This is going to be costly!