Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

Drove it like I stole it, at a track day at Bedford autodrome, She did not embarace herself mixing with Renault Clios, BMW's and others

I'll be fitting this tomorrow but I was pretty chuffed with my discovery so I'm posting this now lol

Cleaned the manky, horrible, knackered looking exhaust I took off the Rado I broke!

3822A9F8-DB8F-47C4-B39D-11AB8941E2DF.jpg

AF8A3E2E-B057-40AA-BDFA-7D7EFA03ADF7.jpg

85292981-552A-4361-86B1-54C69B981B9E.jpg

Turned out to be a Magnex, and not knackered at all!

Thanks Fay, I should've took a before picture but I wasn't expecting it to clean up so well!

I had a read up on here today and it seems most people think the magnex is a good choice :)

Renewed the insurance with Adrian Flux (underwritten by Trinity Lane Classic) for the seconds time. Total cost of 139.99 with all mods declared.

Ordered a few bits and pieces, bought some bilsteins and a momo wheel from a couple of members on here. So got plenty to be getting on with.

Removed the under bonnet foam and remaining glue. The job was made easier by spraying white spirit from an old spray bottle, leaving to soak and then scraping off the residue with an old credit card.

Finished fitting and bleeding some 288's on my VR. MK4 GTi callipers and Golf VR discs. Initial feel a bit spongy but then some good bite. Will wait til new discs bedded in and maybe try another rebleed. Wasn't sure I should do anything with brake compensator when bleeding though?

What I didn't to my Corrado today - Ray replaced the top mounts, replaced the front engine mount - two studs broke and had to be drilled. Nipped the rear wheel bearing which isn't curing the squeak issue.

What I did to my Corrado was - replaced the yellow side indicators for clear ( so much better on a silver car), cleaned the wheels and managed to drop one scuffing the finish. So, it was safer just watching Ray do the rest of the work!

Replaced an exhaust clamp, exhaust rubber and bracket took me 2/3 hours fighting with rusty bolts got there in the end

Saturday packed the wife and the little one off to a childrens party.

Jumped on the corrado to change a broken spring.struggled to undo the top nut.and shock mounting pins.

Spring fell off lovely.great now to put on the new apex springs.

Could I get the other nut off .not a chance.put shock back on without the spring try again with a new shock next week now:scratch:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]79617[/ATTACH]

These beauties should be on now

Edited by Micky fletch
Add picture

Today discovered the dreaded PCV valve thing has broken got a quote from the VW stealer and Ford both to expensive :shrug: dont know what to do.... Can it be blocked of rather than hav it to vent bk in or stick a catch tank on??? Any advice gents please

Today discovered the dreaded PCV valve thing has broken got a quote from the VW stealer and Ford both to expensive :shrug: dont know what to do.... Can it be blocked of rather than hav it to vent bk in or stick a catch tank on??? Any advice gents please

If it was me, I'd put a catch tank on it and block the hole on the intake elbow. Some people will advise that it will cause the car not to run right, I didn't notice a difference. You could put the catch can on and then put the catch can vent back into the hole on the intake. Try it both ways and see if you can feel a change or not. Just my opinion :)

If it was me, I'd put a catch tank on it and block the hole on the intake elbow. Some people will advise that it will cause the car not to run right, I didn't notice a difference. You could put the catch can on and then put the catch can vent back into the hole on the intake. Try it both ways and see if you can feel a change or not. Just my opinion :)

Thank u.. Im unsure on how to go about it i have been looking on threads but cant seem to find a good guide on making/fitting a catch tank .. First rado you see so being cautious :scratch:

Wished it "Happy Birthday" this morning as it is 20 years old today and then congratulated it this afternoon for giving me 778 miles of brilliant trouble free driving around Wales.

Ian.

Edited by GlosterOx

Stripped the interior out, cleared all the Cr**, stripped the roof lining and re trimmed in velvet with thicker and patterned velvet in sun roof area and light switch area inc sun visors, painted the switch control panel (lights,sunroof), installed LED lights in sun visor, painted front grill and headlight surrounds inc VW badge in Matt black, will do the front lip today.. Oh and the sunroof stopped working tried to repair couldn't be bothered so left for another day..

Edited by Harry-vr6

Finally managed to fit my Apex lowering springs to the font end of my 16v last night along with polybush top mounts .they are solid. Just need the rears doing .then the wishbones.just hope the weather holds up a little longer

[ATTACH=CONFIG]79772[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]79773[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]79774[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]79775[/ATTACH]

Fitted new Exide Premium 075 battery today as previous battery had given up the ghost. Car instantly sprang to life and I drove to work safely in the knowledge that it would start again at home time. Bought a replacement used n/s air guide off ebay for 12 notes, which arrived today. I contemplated fitting but it got too dark to see. One for the weekend I think.

Moved it from my mams field where it has stood with the golf under a tree for 2 month

2d24077ffdbe47a34519020f51c17ab6.jpg

While it's new home and drive was constructed.

3cba48c5855f28062a00765098394571.jpg

The golf needed a jump but the corrado just fired into life on its own.