Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

Today I got in to my car via the drivers door handle for the first time in weeks, genius! Finally fixed it with a kit from daves16v. Top stuff! many thanks Dave.

No probs matey.

Got my wheels and spacers on this weekend, very happy now. Won't be long before it's on the road.

Yesterday really, not today, but sold it. 13 years and time to move on. Me and the g/f now have matching Fabia vRS's :oops: and although they completely lack the style of the 'Rado, they are fantastic little cars in every other way. Cracking performance, outstanding fuel economy, superb reliability, awesome residuals (I hope) and a really quite nice interior to sit in. I'm sure the new owner (Ross from Sheffield) will be in here for a chat after he's collected her next w/e, just an MOT to sort out and then wipe away the tears as she disappears around the corner.

Fitted new cage!!!

Retrimmed A & C pillarsin leather, need pro help on B pillars as need stitching. Just need to make few mods to get everything else back in and harnesses fitted!

Fixed the central locking again! Passenger door pipe off this time...

Also had a look into the drives door light switch but need to sort out the wiring...

Put the interior back into the VR after it wet itself through a worn scuttle to heater seal.

Only a fiver from VAG get them changed before it happens to you!

Drove it and I need to get it VAG-com'd I think.

..finally fitted full scuttle with no great fitting issues and suits a black car very well

Picture258.jpg

Picture257.jpg

Stripped and cleaned the rear calipers, carriers and cleaned and re-greased the rear bearings. (On the VR)

Handbrake now works, on an incline and only on the second click too :)

not quite done today, but over the weekend.. managed to get my porsche rims on... had these gits sitting in my garage for nearly 2 months.. car feels so much lighter on these 16's than on the ole 17's...

J x

Replaced battery, will tomorrow finally be the day I can go and play again or will somthing else break on the way off the driveway.....

Started to fit harnesses. Made up brackets to mount the inertia reel onto and had them powder coated and fitted into car.

Pulled out the headlining ready to trim that this evening!

Inertia Reels now work, Headlining gone back in the car although I seem to have broken the lift for the sunroof lining :( Back seats have started to go back in - just waiting for the rear door cards to be modded and go back in and the new modded B pillars to go in!!!!

Oh and fitted an Alpine Ai Interface for my ipod!

Re-fitted drivers side carpet and sound deadening following being soaking wet.

Replaced blown N/S brake light bulb.

Re-fittted under dash trim properly.

Fixed clifford valet switch.

Re-fitted handsfree kit speaker

Well, MOT'd her for the last time today and she fair sailed through (wonders will never cease :roll: ). Apart from a loose rear bearing, quickly sorted with a 5 minute loan of the airgun, and some adjustable pliers she walked it this year. Typical, now I'm getting rid. The new owner may come for her tonight, and so end our 13 year affair :cry:

And with the money I save on running it I may get me another Scooby before the year's out 8) Spec C Type RA-R here I come :lol:

Didn't do anything over Easter on my Rado - got myself a broken big toe on the Friday morning, great start to easter.

First time of posting in this thread but seemed like the time had finally come after a day of activity! here goes:

Got new cobra alarm fitted to replace the non-functioning gemini that had been on since new.. this was important for my insurance and because the gemini was quietly disintegrating under the bonnet and botched repairs with string were not really a long term option!

While this was being fitted we noticed a rear engine mount has died a gory death and is in need of urgent fixing! so, as i was in the area i decided to go and search out The Phirm to get a quote and check nothing else was up.. Having found them eventually (map-reading by 3G on a mobile is not ideal.. :) ) and making it up the rubble track to the unit I had a good chat with Tim who was very helpful with next things i'm thinking about for the car and very complimentary about it too.. :thumbleft:

Having been all round the houses and with lots of oily hand prints on it i gave it a wash and then polished it for the first time :oops: It also got treated to a new vw badge at the back, a new aerial, a test fit of the new chrome door pulls and 2 (expensive :mad2: ) new fogs (only needed one but then the other one looked sh*t...)

So a pretty expensive week! Still got clear side repeaters, smoked rears and dial rings to get fitted and still thinking about 288s, polished solitudes, 6 branch manifolds etc etc..

I may be bankrupt before the end of the year yet!! 8)

hopefully will get some good pics for a members gallery this sunday at Santa Pod..

Fitted one new headlight lenses (will do other tomorrow).

The headlight story starts last weekend, or even earluer than that. I had tried to remove the unit a while ago but the recessed screw started rounding. Took it to a friendly garage to see if a bit more weight behind the screwdriver would sort it but it rounded totally.

A friend I know with a very tidy VR6 offered to get it out for me last weekend ( ;) ) and on buying an extra long Bosh drill bit 'we' got nowhere as it just took the phillips head off and blunted the bit. Not wanting to be beaten, the next day the battery came out and a junior hacksaw was fitted round the bits in the way (technical term, used by women! ) and after ages of very small sawing actions the offending screw was cut.

Much celebration then dismay to see the state of the C behind the now removed headlight. I had the front end painted 5 years ago and there is no way that unit had been taken out for it.

Looking at it in detail today I see overspray on the underneath of the black surround which proves it had been masked and it was probably them who started rounding it!