Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

Don't tempt me. Unfortunately I've spent 370 getting them all refurbished and the two new front tyres. Worth more to me than what I'd get

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Cleaned and waxed for Stanford Hall tomorrow

Hope it doesn't rain :)99a16acc76f7d69e437da8ec77525110.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just washed the car, cleaned out the fuel filler drainage hole and the wheel arch around it...now waiting for my BMC CDA to turn up by courier. Will get it fitted and then look for an excuse to go for a long drive somewhere

Just washed the car, cleaned out the fuel filler drainage hole and the wheel arch around it...now waiting for my BMC CDA to turn up by courier. Will get it fitted and then look for an excuse to go for a long drive somewhere

mmmmm BMC

they sound soooo good as the rev's build :D

very right foot addicatable though lol

mmmmm BMC

they sound soooo good as the rev's build :D

very right foot addicatable though lol

Yep, they sure do..had a couple before so well acquainted. They also lead to a sizeable reduction in fuel economy from constantly stamping on the loud pedal!

Yep, they sure do..had a couple before so well acquainted. They also lead to a sizeable reduction in fuel economy from constantly stamping on the loud pedal!

ha ha ha sizeable reduction!

coast on all decent downhills to recoup a little of that heavy right footedness, thats what i do lol

Replaced the rear VW badge as the original was very faded. Afterwards gave the whole car a wash and waxed it. Then went for a drive in the sunshine

Where did you get your rear badge from??? I need a new rear badge!

Where did you get your rear badge from??? I need a new rear badge!

Veedubmachine in Redruth, Cornwall. It's not the exact badge. Chap there says Corrado version is obsolete! This one comes off the Mk2 Golf. It fits but sits a bit further out from bodywork. The badge is silver but has black interior, unlike the original which I think was a light colour. It looks good. Unfortunately, it's immaculate appearance further emphasises the poor state of the 'Corrado VR6' badging!

Ordered an Alpine CDE-193BT stereo yesterday to replace the rather clunky 90s Pioneer system that's currently installed. Now just waiting for it to arrive by courier

Veedubmachine in Redruth, Cornwall. It's not the exact badge. Chap there says Corrado version is obsolete! This one comes off the Mk2 Golf. It fits but sits a bit further out from bodywork. The badge is silver but has black interior, unlike the original which I think was a light colour. It looks good. Unfortunately, it's immaculate appearance further emphasises the poor state of the 'Corrado VR6' badging!

Thanks mate

Finally fitted the passenger seat in the car. An expensive decision in fitting genuine heating elements into both cloth seats, but why not !!

And it all works, so even betterf19306fe3891acc0592f18583e6960a0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Sorted out the rusty screws that attach headlights and grille. They were letting down the engine bay. Just need to get some new sound proofing for the bonnet now and then it will be all good in the engine bay

Started the rebuild process on my G60 engine today by painting the 1st coat on the block. Hopefully get 2nd coat done on Sunday, and start the build next weekend.25e1594e237cd71fd937b4f78684731d.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Got the seats out and cleaned under them. I thought I had a clean immaculate car till I did this! Then used cotton buds to clean the interior vents etc!..epic OCD cleaning day!

Currently in reassembly mode after replacing the heater matrix and doing all of the coolant hoses.

A new set of Roose Motorsport hoses going in!

Cheers,

Tom

Mate, that looks amazing! You got a full build thread?
Not yet, been meaning to do one for a while but just need to sit down for about a month and write one

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk