Sign in to follow this  
biggerbigneil

After the C.... what would you have?

The 840Ci is a huge wallet drainer.... about the same as running 36 Corrado VR6s.

How about a BMW 540i (previous to current Bangle shape)? Nice cars, plenty of go and have depreciated nicely :D

id get me either a f-150 lightning or a dodge srt-10, look at the f150 harley davidson before the c and it is so comfortable and powerful! 5.4 supercharged v8 8)

If I was prepared to take a real chance I'd pick up a low mile ES30 Alfa - 20k will get a minter

Ben - True the RX7 is very tasty, I just don't want to have to rebuild the engine every couple of years - fine if you can do it yourself as the rebuild kit is only £400 but £3000 to get a garage to do it.

Just my opinion though, if a Impreza, Evo or Skyline were not quick they would be nothing as they are not attractive cars. I know that sounds strange but if a Corrado, 944 or something similar was slow I would still think they were atleast nice to look at.

There is no doubt the Skyline is an animal but it has no class or stlye in my opinion - I'd still happily drive one but for the money would rather have a 968 Club Sport, and spend the extra putting the Turbo S body kit on, Split Rims, and put the 944 Turbo head on and Turbo it! About 15k in total including the car and you have 340-380 HP and Porsche looks and the badge!

poof..lol, R34 GTR V-SPEC is imo a good looking car! Ok so the interior isn't that great but you know me I would just bin the interior and start again.. :D I love Porsches aswell don't get me wrong...

Been Pricing up new Octavia VRs's........Can get a brand spanker for £13.335! Bargain or what??????

But if I was gonna get a new car either:

*Porka 993 Turbo or GT2 (Last of the proper air-cooled porsches)

* Lancer Evo V or a VIII FQ340 MR with the cool shark teeth :)

* Mazda RX7

*Or a Dodge Charger, just for the noise of that V8 :)

How about a BMW 540i (previous to current Bangle shape)? Nice cars, plenty of go and have depreciated nicely

Kev, good idea - having said that whilst the 840 is pricey to run you can pick one up for about 8k. May be worth hanging on to (even tho you get about 12mpg) for a few years and reselling. You could also pop in one of their 3.0diesels into it. Its a big beasty but the diesel shouldnt be too hard to tune up. I do like the idea of the 540 tho, especially as the Missus doesnt like 2 door motors.

i forgot to add a couple of cars to my list!

nissan 300zx

mitsubish 3000GT

probably both suck alot but damn they look GREAT for jap cars, very much filling the lack of jap muscle niche.

After the C.... what would you have?

more money??...a quieter life??...a better relationship with my mrs??..

probebly slit wrists too!!

Poped into a Merc dealer the other day with a mate to look at an A class for his missus. Never thought I'd say it but a four door saloon was the best car there. That new CLS is gorgeous!!

well in the unlikely event of me selling the corrado I would have to be getting either a 911 turbo, not a new one mind, the last one with the proper 911 headlights.

Either one of those or I would go for a track day spectacular caterham 7 or dax rush.