Sign in to follow this  
peter

Paint code (sherry pearl)???

I need to get a touch up paint for my 1994 VR6.

When I bought the car from a dealer they said the colour was sherry pearl effect or something like that.

The last time I tried to get touch up paint the dealer (different one) said that the paint code in my car was incorrect and that the paint for mine had been discontinued. This I find hard to believe.

Anyone else here got the same coulour car as me. If so, do you know the colour code?

Thanks

Peter

Hi Peter,

If you open the boot of your car, and look near the latch, there should be a white sticker with various codes and numbers on it.

One of these codes should be a little more bold / stood out than the rest, and will be 4 digits.. should look like LC4Z or something. Thats your paint code :)

Hi mate

If you have a look at my car, the original picture in members gallery, this is the colour I think your on about.

I just had a full re spray and they said my car had 2 colour shades on the same code, from memory LC3Y, I will have a look in my lunch break. But the colour of my car used to be a lighter shade, more of a wishy washy colour and we decided to go woth the darker colour and it looks much deeper and much nicer.

Just a thought. If you call a VW dealer and give them yoiur registration number they can bring up all your cars details and that includes the colour code and chassis number, who the car belonged too etc, etc. Providing your car isnt on a private plate then you should be fine,

Thanks ,

My car is exactly the coulour of yours Rams.

I'll ring dealer now . The problem was that the code on the sticker in mine was incorrect . So the dealer said last time i tried to get paint.

I'll try again.

Did he ask you for your reg number the time he said the paint code in the car was incorrect. They are very similar at a glance but the trained eye can tell the difference. Did you look at the original picture as this is a true colour as my friend changed the second immage to make it look a bit more radical.

What does the paint code on the inside of your boot say? I am off to check mine and I will let you know.

My car has no sticker in the back.

The dealer says they will order one in and we can test that it is correct.

Thanks for looking Rams

Sherry red was a VR6 only colour if I recall correctly.

A real beautiful colour it is too :D My fav. corrado colour

These pics dont do it justice, looks superb in the flesh:

M30VRG-1.jpg

M30VRG-2.jpg

M30VRG-3.jpg

Sherry red was a VR6 only colour if I recall correctly.

A real beautiful colour it is too :D My fav. corrado colour

not quite,well not according to the jan95 pdf corrado brochure i have,it states it was available on the 8v,16v and vr6........tho only if it was black cloth or leather........it was only un-available with the grey cloth or either of the 2 other leather colour choices(grey/beige)

Hey guys have a look at this.

http://vangeenen.demon.nl/corrado-vr6/v ... olors.html

Hi jgtis just looked at your link and I'm sure the sherry pearl looks not much like that!

Also my VR6 is a 93 car with black interior and appears to be sherry pearl - paint code LC2U

but remember that the colours shown on that dutch link is just a rough guide to the colour in that the colours shown aren't true representations of the colour that goes with the codes :wink: