Jim

The definitive "what exhaust?" discussion thread!

als - vag system for the 2ltr cost about the same as one from miltec and is imposible to get hold of - took me 3 months to find the right one :( - thats why i went to powerflow lol

i've had sebring on other cars and they are generally cheap and nasty - poor fit and fall to bits

i have a magnex , good fit and nice sound so far

Had a Scorpion s/steel system with DTM pipes on my new G60 when I bought it, not too noisy but was falling apart, ripped off and replaced with aweek and replaced with a new Milltek with cat bypass

My VAG system fitted last month is blowing - time to take it back to fitter.

It will be fine. Note: its got a VERY quite tone until revd hard.

Got an old mongoose stainless cat-back system fitted around 6years and 60k miles ago by Elite in rainham. £350 fitted. Great fit, no knocking, scrapes the odd hump, meaty sound, idle is a bit boomy i.e. the resonate frequency of the entire world :lol: no blowing or anything adverse. Only available tail pipes back then were oval (Boring!) or the old DTM twin 3"(my choice obviously!). Biggest disadvantage of them is the amount of sh1te they blow onto the bumper :( . If I replace the rear box I'll go for twin slash cut pipes which should cut this down a bit! :D

Car: Corrado 2.0L 16v

Exhaust: Full Powerflow Stainless Exhaust System with 2 Silencers and Scooby Cat (apparently), Oval tail pipe

Opinion

Pro's: Spot on fitment, no knocks, bumps etc, fitted by Powerflow in Watford for the sum of 500 notes. Was in and out of there in 4 hours. Car felt a little more responsive at lower revs, burbles on tick over and gets louder between 3000 and 4000 rpm, but calms down after that. Not intrusive on motorway

Con's: Back seat pasengers sometimes complain of load noise when sat in back, (a quick reminder that they could have driven instead shuts them up). The Stainless Steel Oval end pipe has lost its chrome finish and looks rusted. Have to wire wool and fine grain wet and dry to get it back to smooth but still looks stained. Bit pee'd off with that but small price to pay.

I just fitted a magnex system this weekend. Definitely a good fit and quiet too! Sounds great with my turn2 induction kit when im nailing it too!

Car - 1.8 16V

Exhaust - Custom built Cobra full stainless system with stainless oval DTM tailpipe which fits perfectly in the gap on the back bumper.

Beautiful tone and nice n throaty when the go faster pedal is pushed hard!

Even better for the £305 it cost (including a big discount mind ;) ) it includes a 25 year warranty. woooo!

Ive got a longlife....looks standard...fits perfectly....and provides just enough noise at full throttle bit isnt a deffening drone...£380 fitted...lifetime garentee....id recommend them.

anyone got pics of the tail pipes at the back?

I know the supersprint and miltek are supposed to look most like the factory pipes?

I've just fitted a full jetex system, to my turbo'd g60, it's made a big increase in power, and it sounds sweet too!

Miltek, cant fault the fit, no knockage, very light. Only exhaust i've ever fitted that has given a noticable increase in the low and mid range. Not quite as quiet as i'd hoped being the only fault. Just right when cold but noisey for me when hot.

Personal taste though, its a nice noise, just a tad loud for me on a light throttle at speed.

CAR: VR6

I've still got the OE exhaust, I will assume it's the original, 10 years on. Once it goes I'm likely to go for something that will give me a nice burble at idling and low speeds but kick in nicely when floored. So will have to do some research before i buy it.

Heres the exhaust I'm picking up next week.

30.10.56.jpg

Neuspeed full stainless from the converter back.

Heres a pic on a friends car.

Exhaust_Pic_2.sized.jpg

Exhaust: original vw

I still have the original VR6 exhaust on my 1995 C (103k) - still going strong with a nice enough note to scare the odd old person in their clio with the window down :2gunfire: !!!

I guess I'll probably be getting another one fitted soonish - will go for another VW or perhaps a SuperSprint if the wallet can stretch to it.

How much did you apy for your Nuespeed one as that looks pretty sweet?

yes the vw exhaust lasts well..but are you willing to fork out for a:)to pay for the rear axle to be lowered in order to fit the oe system ..or b:)

get the exhauast cut then re-welded to fit or c:)c get an aftermarket exhaust that fits on with no problems....ie MAGNEX

ive just had an ashley competition exhaust custom made by john ashley and what can i say its simply wonderfull, fantastic!!! no knocks bangs thumps strange whistleing noises or bird twittering in the boot area! i had a custom stainless fitted 3mths ago by soundproof systems, tipton and it was utter, utter rubbish ive got my car back how it should be! its not noisey at all! but has that wonderfull vr6 waffle and a subtle tailpipe in keeping with the car! the cost was great for a cat back all fitted. only trouble is it aint stainless but it wont crack as easy and will require replacement before all the soundproofing fiberglass has been blown out the back! as happened to the stainless! :D ima happy happy bunny!

give john a ring on 07973540145 or 01922720767

http://www.ashleycompetitionexhausts.com

these guys are good! theyve been making exhausts for 30 years and are in walsall west mids

just had to share my joy!!

andy

I had an Ashley on my 205 1.9, and just remember the mechanic calling me up and sounding all chuffed, I said "How does it sound?" he just said "Get down here!" LOL. But it was a bit too loud for my liking, it was for some reason, impreza like, especially with the filter.

CURRENT EXHAUST- OE

CAR- CVR6 (141K)

It is starting to blow a bit now.

I have read endless pages of exhaust stuuf here, all very good. But can anyone suggest which is the most similar to the OE VR6 exhaust? I am thinking maybe Miltek/Magnex, but if possible, I want something even more subtle with the sound ie like the OE one I have. Cheers.

But can anyone suggest which is the most similar to the OE VR6 exhaust? I am thinking maybe Miltek/Magnex, but if possible, I want something even more subtle with the sound ie like the OE one I have. Cheers.

SuperSprint or Magnex if you want OE levels of refinement and a decent fit.