Sign in to follow this  
Shaggy

Shaggy's Old G60 Rado

This is what I was looking to do with mine but bring the exhaust out of the gap in my side skirt! However to achieve it I would have to cut out a section of my sill which wouldnt be a too clever idea i woudl have thought!!!!!

Also concerned about how loud it would be losing the back box and having to put a small box in as it is the largest silencer I have and it's already very loud!!

Leave it that length for now. Its far easier to cut it shorter rather then add it back on again. I told you it would look awesome at that angle didn't i... :lol:

i am not gunna cut it at all untill i have it in a positon where its on the car and fitted so i can see exactly where it will sit.. cant wait to get it on now!!!

when you hoping to have it trial fitted? are you doing it or are you using an exhaust company?

have no idea yet mate,i will prob try and do something myself, i dont really know of a decent exhaust place round our way??

Cool 8) No powerflow type places around your way Mike?

Ps:bits were posted first thing this morning.

Neil.

he will probably wanna do it himself... lol

Neil.

I think there is a powerflow place in southampton which is a 30 minute drive from me.. may be worth a try??

he will probably wanna do it himself... lol

Neil.

I think there is a powerflow place in southampton which is a 30 minute drive from me.. may be worth a try??

Yeah for sure 8) Although the quality of work can vary depending on the guy doing the job obviously...

Good luck with it,should look sweet.

Neil.

Thats gonna look quality mike_g60.

Is it easy to fill the cut out in the back bumper??

I have no idea goldie... i am guessing its a case of just getting a piece of plastic , plastic welded into place and then smoothed over... i will probably let the pros deal with the bumper.. also gunna remove the toe eye aswell..

looks good mate, but where does pc plod stand with a side exit?

Dont think they would be to happy with it tbh... but aslong as i try and make it suttle it shouldnt cause too much attention from the plod i hope... 8)

looks good mate, but where does pc plod stand with a side exit?

Would of thought as long as its on the drivers side it will be fine. They will probabaly have a problem with it being passenger side due to throwing fumes straight up toward pedestrians!

Looks sweet though!

Mike - I'm going to be putting on a new rear bumper on mine next week while its in for respray as I melted the exhaust cutout on mine. If you want I can cut out a section for you to plastic weld into your bumper to lose the exhaust cutout and toe eye!

Call it £15 delivered???

thanks sam for the offer mate! i already have a spare bumper in my garage i am gunna cutout to use.

Also had proper look under the car.... its gunna be alot easier to route the tailpipe out to the driver side rather than the passenger side.. this means i shouldnt have any trouble with the plod as the exhaust must be on the driver side anyway??

I forgot that the brake bias valve sits right in the way if it came out on the passenger side and would be a pain to route the exhaust through all of that... having it come out on the driver side will only mean i have to heat proof all of the fuel lines and the handbrake cable.

Sounds like youve got it all under control Mike, gonna be a nice touch.

Id imagine you'll be starting a trend with this!!

in fact if i was to cut it through the red line i have marked i think that might work??

DSC00178mod.jpg

Thats what Id do, it sticks out too far otherwise IMO.

don't you have to put it facing into the road? I didn't think the law let you put an exhaust facing out on to the pavment!!!!!!!??????? I might be wrong but - def worth checking before you fit it !?

I am not to sure on this either... although if its coming out on the drivers side then it will be facing into the road and not the pavement so may not matter...

I forgot that the brake bias valve sits right in the way if it came out on the passenger side and would be a pain to route the exhaust through all of that... having it come out on the driver side will only mean i have to heat proof all of the fuel lines and the handbrake cable.

You've got a much bigger and more dangerous problem bringing out the drivers side however!!! - IIRC Thats where your fuel lines run as thats what I was looking at when I was thinking about doing it! I was thinking about bringing it out both sides and had teh brake lines one side and fuel the other!!!!!

i am pretty sure you can get heat proof material that will take care of the fuel lines, pretty sure i have seen it on demon tweeks