Sign in to follow this  
Walesy

Do I Sell Her?????

Bonjour,

I was hoovering my car on my mums drive yesterday when a lady (( quite attractive as it happens! )) who was jogging past stopped..." ive been waiting to see the owner of this car.....i HAVE to have it...its the most sexy car ive ever seen.....i HAVE to buy it...is it for sale " she said.......

well my answer to that is " everythings for sale at the right price "

Within 10 mins her hubby was on the drive looking around the car....they were DESPERATE to buy my car....they wanted to take it there and then....but i calmed things down by ensuring that they know what they are doing..(( they didnt know ANYTHING about the 'c'....even how to pronounce it!, )) but as soon as she had a test drive and got the spoiler up she was smitten :wink: .

Hubbys brother is a mechanic/MOT tester in reputable local garage so i took the car to see him....he gave it a good going over and noticed my CV boots leaking and the PAS pump whining a bit ...but other than that his words were " bomb proof "

So im left with a dilema....as most of you know i have an 8v. Its mintos in every way (( as far as they go ! ))....everything works, it drives like a new car.....BUT....its an 8v...and ever since ive had the car ive wanted to change the engine.....so now i have an offer...a pretty good one too...im a bit nervous of selling it.....i would obviously be buying another 'c'...but im worried im gonna buy one with loads of probs that i know i have had sorted on my 8v....im not a speed demon....but the 8v 'c' is UNDER powered in my opinion....so the chance to get a few more horses would be nice.

so what do you people?...sell or keep?...your input would be gratefully recieved.....when i asked my mrs for her opinion she burst into tears at the thought of the car being sold....not much help :roll:

p.s....plus the fact that theres no more "corrado forum " stickers left.. :cry:

Did they make you a sensible offer? Might be as good a time as any to consider an upgrade to one of the fruitier offerings.

And we can always get more Corrado Forum stickers made mate.. in fact I think I might have one or two left at home! I'll have a butchers later! PM me to remind me!

If you don't have any major emotional attachment to the car, and think you can afford an upgrade then i'd say definately go for it.

cheers jim......it was a good offer...the car does have some emotional attachment to me and my g/f for one reason or another, but i'm not the typa person to let that get in the way of a good deal....its more the worry of selling a peach and buying a shed.

its a bloody difficult choice.....and iver got a feeling im gonna have a phone call soonish, ill have to make my mind up one way or tuther.

How much have they offered you for it? Is it a good price?

Oh & marry your girlfriend! You won't get another girl with that kind of commitment to one of your cars! That I guarantee you!

I'd use it as a very good excuse to get as much money for it as possible.

How much are they offering? Whatever it is, just say that you would have to take X amount for it as that's what you'll need to get the replacement. You sound like you're in the good position of having a desperate buyer, so use it to your advantage.

sell sell sell!! You should know enough about the cars now to know if you're picking up a dog. Although anything could go wrong with a new motor, there could still be nasty surprises around the corner with yours..

If you were thinking about engine conversions it could get even more messy.

HE-MANs VR6 at £3250 looked pretty tidy and there seems to be a few others around at the mo.

Go for it mate.. but try and get an extra few quid anyway!

boom..he just rang me and tried to knock me down and i refused.

YOUR COMMENTS HAVE HELPED ALOT!!!!!

im off now to go sell her.. :(

to be continued.......................................................

Whenever you buy a new car you've got the problem of not knowing what you're getting. That's the dilemma I'm in, I've just fixed all the little niggles in my car, now thinking about buying another......

If they've offered you a good price then take it :D

corradowales, Just take your time to find the right one. What are you looking at next?

You'd be crazy to miss a good offer on an 8v.

They're bound to be the hardest model to sell.

This is business and there's no room for emotions.

I do know what you mean about emotional attachment though, I cried when I sold my 16v C. :(

However, those tears of sorrow were soon replaced by tears of joy when I bought my VR6 and drove it 400+ miles home.

Take the offer while it's there and feel safe in the knowledge that it's going to someone that will love it too. Keep in touch with its new owners too.

I rejected two larger offers from Chavs on my valver for a smaller offer from Belfastfumanchu because I knew he planned to dry store it and only use it in the summer.

Be ruthless, take the money and buy a VR6 or G60.

There's plenty of good ones on here for sale at the moment. Just take your time and don't let the money burn a hole in your pocket.

You'll not look back.

Oh, definately marry your girlfriend. She sounds pretty cool! 8)

again...thanks for your comments...truly helpful.

Ive had a lengthy conversation with the guy on the phone. At first he was trying to beat me down on the price i have stated....this wasnt very fruitful for him!.

He then tried to get me to agree to have the CV boot and PAS pump done for his wife next week (( although he wants the car today )) for the agreed price.... :nono: ....

I have tried to explain the position that we are in......i do not have a " for sale " sign on my car..indeed it is not actually for sale. They approached me and asked if i would sell it to them......this has put the ball in my court and unfortunatly for them thats where its gonna stay.

I have given them a price that i would sell the car for...and its up to them to decide if they want to pay it or not....the price i have given is a fair price for both parties.

The guy is finishing work ealry this avo...and has asked how i will take payment...so it looks like its curtains for the 8v.

p.s.

HAVE ARRANGED A VIEWING TOMORROW..............................charge me up baby.

Mate, the ladybird book of sods law (chapter 5, paragraph 9) clearly states that if you'd put it up for sale off your own back, you wouldn't be able to get shut of it for love nor money.

Good move to take the offer while it's there. :thumb right:

Just hope you can live without wheels while you take your time looking for the next one.

I've heard that you should look for sooty deposits on the exhaust, but never white ones :gag:

dirty beggers,

SOLD AS SEEN.

just watched a car that i have put a years worth of blood sweat and tears into drive off....ill be honest...ive never had a feeling like it...im still in shock!.

:( :cry:

But .....buisiness is business...i have had the car for a year...put over 20k on the clock...and have just sodl it at a healthy profit.

thanks very much for all your advise..it made the choice alot easier.

From 1 corrado ...to 2 corrados...to 0 corrados in the space of 2 and a half weeks.....pretty weird.

:cry:

Holy cow. They didn't hang around did they!

It is a shocking feeling.. when my Corrado G60 drove off up the road I just felt seriously dazed! But really, you'll get over it quickly.. now time to start hunting for a good VR6 mate :D

its sooooo weird.....i feel a bit numb....i know it was an 8v...but that was its only problem.....

i had it machine polished last week...i had put a eyebrow spoiler on a few days ago....i had the 4 parking dinks taken out by a paintless dent removal place last week too....so she was looking awsome when she rolled away....the people who bought it live 80ft away from my mums house which is a git...id rather it went to someone in Scotland or something :roll:

My mrs has gone out with the girls straight from work tonight so im gonna have her pissed nagging to deal with later aswell...just to rub it in :(

I would be gratefull if you had some spare stickers for my next 'c' though Jim, im not gonna be spending Vr6 money....so its looking like lader time.

The car im seeing tomorrow has no charger rebuild paperwork but has initials and a date etched in apparently....so ill have to factor a trip to g-works into the cost if i like the look of it.

Ive never been one to rush into buying cars...i looked at quite a few 'c's before buying the 8v...so im happy to wait months for the right car.

just seen this thread, crazy! it would takea fair whack over what i paid for mine to get the keys, now stop selling cars and get my bits sent over!! :D

hehe...soon as the moneys cleared mate... :wink:

by the way...i dont think ive got the other things you were after. :(

It wasnt a fair whack over what i paid...but i have put alot of miles on the car, been to spain in it...had a bang in it..(( repaired at the garage that the guys bro works for )) and got a set of oz turbos out of it so im happy...and so are they.

im on the hunt for raddos now.... :mrgreen:

my charger had initials and a date etched into it from new so double check that, try and find out where the charger was peviously serviced and then check with them if possible

by the way...i dont think ive got the other things you were after

not to worry the search continues for those elusive last bits!

my charger had initials and a date etched into it from new so double check that, try and find out where the charger was peviously serviced and then check with them if possible

Sure that wasn't the factory markings? - all the late chargers had this...