Sign in to follow this  
rado-steve

Oi Mate You Ruined Your C!!!

I think everyone who has slated this car is traditional and unadventurous when it comes to styling a Corrado.

And I also think you're DAMN RIGHT!!!!! I'm not gonna comment on the guys 'taste' or otherwise, 'cos it's his car, so he can do as he pleases - but I will say that buying a car which has timelessly fluid lines then promptly fucking them all over with filler doesn't seem like a great idea to me.

Hi, Thanks to beeftech and phatvr6 who are both good mates and suggested I take a look at this , I am the original owner but the car looked a bit different when I built it. It was a lot more stealthy and smoother looking than it is now, If your interested it was featured in the Golf magazine approx 18 months ago . Still regret selling the car and If i had known what would happen to it I would have gladly GIVEN it to paul (PhatVR6) for free!!!!. Sold the car to buy a Mk4 golf but still had much more fun with my Corrado , somehow it always felt special to drive I dont know why maybee because It was such a rare car that seeing another on the road was always a thrill!!

P.S very interesting forum with lots of good threads and a good atmosphere will be visiting again soon

I think the Corrado doesnt need any body mods really. Not anywhere near what this guy has done. The saddest thing is, that he has spent all that time and effort and the car looks crap.

The guy has spent all that time 'climbing the wrong mountain' in my opinion.

The back looks korean and the front looks like a golf! Why oh why oh why! Ah well. each to their own and all that i guess!

same as usual - respect the time, blood, sweat and tears someone has put in - but personally this kind of styling is not for me. But then, that doesn't matter. As long as he's happy...

Well, at least he's done something different... The lights might look ok if the shape or them was a bit closer to the rado's original lines, but that MK4 front end really doesn't do the shape any favours, does it?

Imagine it with half tint stock rear lights, and tinted stock front lights, with a rieger grille and deep front spoiler. and on anthracite TSW hockenheims with machine cut rims, that's how it used to look. It was in Golf extreme years ago.

i think bar the stickers the enigne looks very good, utter respect to whomever did that. the rest however is just.. wrong

those gauges are really handy under the bonnet!

My thoughts exactly??? Why put them there....go figure :?

The way the light is reflecting from around the rear lights is awful! Its like there filled with a bin bag pulled tight and then sprayed. For gods sake if your gonna do body mods get somone who knows what there doing to do it!!

The moral of the story is if you want a seat ibiza, go buy one! Theres plenty on autotrader!!

Why buy a car to change it so nobody knows what it is? If you want a seat, or a mk 4, go and buy one!!!

Leave the C how it was intended to be!!!

i think bar the stickers the enigne looks very good, utter respect to whomever did that. the rest however is just.. wrong

Yeah that was andy, the original owner, who did the engine. The rest of his good styling taste has been wiped from the car :roll:

I suppose it's one way of satisfying cravings for a SEAT, a Corrado and a MK4.....just merge them altogether.....but unfortunately the result looks like the work of a possessed VAG robot that went beserk in the parts bin....

Im with Phil K that plastic HT lead holder looks great, is it the same one as on the 16V mrk 3?

Shame about the rest of the car tho :nono: you cant do that !

Pardon my French, but what a f***ing balls-up.

I can't agree - I don't think the work has been well done. (edit - just read the rest of the thread and seen others don't agree either!!!) Look at the reflections on the rear quarter around the lights - look at the pinch in the panel where all the reflections converge by the lights. Bloody awful. That rear end looks like he's tried to emulate the back of a Laguna and failed.

And the front end - those lights do NOT suit a Corrado. No! Wrong!

He needs shot. Why the feck do folk do things like that! I really have no idea how he thought it would look better. The chavs really are taking over.

How it used to look shortly before I sold it! :luvlove: (0n new Beetle 16" steels which I ran during winter as it was my only car)

photo2.jpg

God I still miss it after al these years! Worst thing I did was sell it! :salute: