A20 LEE

A20 LEE My New Daily..

Done on the S3 but planning on doing it to the C too. LED sidelights!!!! Much better than pi55 yella bulbs. Cost? £2.70 delivered.

DSC02092.jpg

DSC02094.jpg

Done on the S3 but planning on doing it to the C too. LED sidelights!!!! Much better than pi55 yella bulbs. Cost? £2.70 delivered.

Where from?? The look rather cool! 8)

Ive got LED sidelights, they are brighter than my headlights!! (havnt done the loom yet :-o

They have a really pure white light too. Good work Lee, glad your back o form!

DSC02092.jpg

DSC02094.jpg

Go on then... Tell us where to buy them from :roll:

Wanna do my Corrado and Audi A4 :)

Lee, good work on the lighting. Care to reveal which bulbs you used for the fogs on the S3? They look 8)

Nice to see you back on the rado lee , i've got 4 bulb leds in my c , makes the oem sidelights look like candles :-)

thanks fella, they certainly do. Buying them for all my mates too.

Done a little more. Still sanding away on that damn rear beam, better look good when its finally smoothed and chromed. Decided due to the amount of hours need to get it right i'm best attacking it for time to time rather than trying to do it all in one go.

So i made a start on the front hubs. I've stripped them down and begun grinding down the casting marks. The dust guards will not be replaced as they foul the big brakes, this means that all the bolt holes for the guards will be welded up and smooth out.

On the Audi front a remus backbox was fitted last week which is way too quiet. Hoped it would make the soleless 20V sound abit meatier, it is a nicer tone just too quiet so considering adding a centre section and loosing the small middle box. Started to retrim the boot in alcantara, only done the top side panels so far. Don't think MJ will be employing me just yet! Its will do for a daily tho'. The S3 has been hurting my wallet too. New CV boots on the front, 12month tax, new DV (went aftermarket as there meant to be more reliable), new N249 valve. Unfortuately this morning the car ran like sh*t, no boost. Looking increasing like the turbo has gone which is a sickening blow as it going to cost a lot so the corrado is on hold for the forseeable future. If it can't be done for free, it doesn't get done simple. So what with a few personal problems thrown into the mix, on the whole had a stinker of a weekend all round. Shame i'm tee total, i'd definately do a bottle of JD right now :lol:

There is a good argument that grinding out casting marks etc reduces stress raisers and as such makes things less likely to fatigue crack.

Not that is why you are doing it but anyway.. ;)

Not an argument, its true :) remove any likely sources for crack initiation (sorry fatigue engineer by trade LOL)

Not an argument, its true :) remove any likely sources for crack initiation (sorry fatigue engineer by trade LOL)

Sorry bad English, I know it's true just failed to communicate that sucessfully.

think positive mate(easyer said than done, i know), it all looks good 8).......An im surpised theres still parts of your c that aint polished or chromed!! :lol:

not picking, but the grinding looks pretty rough.

are you using a grinding disc by any chance? try using a flap wheel (flap disc). It's a disc, but it's loads of overlapping bits (flaps) of coarse sanding paper all stuck together. Produces a much smoother finish, yet still can dig into the steel when you want it to.

not picking, but the grinding looks pretty rough.

are you using a grinding disc by any chance? try using a flap wheel (flap disc). It's a disc, but it's loads of overlapping bits (flaps) of coarse sanding paper all stuck together. Produces a much smoother finish, yet still can dig into the steel when you want it to.

of course its rough, take out the meat on the bench grinder. Next will switch to 100grit discs. Don't worry, i've done this before...alot. ;-)

Retrimmed the backs of the rear seats in alcantara this afty. Just glad i've already got all the parts for the install.

Sorry bad English, I know it's true just failed to communicate that sucessfully.

You two have studied cracks?!! :lol:

Sound theory, but wouldn't 13 year old hubs have cracked by now if they were going to? ;-)

You two have studied cracks?!! :lol:

Sound theory, but wouldn't 13 year old hubs have cracked by now if they were going to? ;-)

Yeah, do a good few weeks in training on metal fatigue and corrosion. Any damage to the surface finish of a metal is a stress raiser and as such will likely be the place for a crack to propogate.

I am not saying that the hub carriers will crack just that be removing the casting marks you will reduce the inherent stress in the material.

Just really busy at work at the moment, doing 7 days a week so its really hampering me. The car is going over to a friends in the next few weeks so the engine can be stripped down and its booked in with Jason Buckley for the bay smoothing in june.

How's the Corrado now? :-P

Not making a great deal of progress. My friend who's doing the VRT conversion is very busy at the moment and the deal is he'd build up the engine when things go quiet. It will be worth the wait, promise.