dinkus

The definitive 312mm brakes onto a VR thread

Think im going to get this 312mm conversion up and running in prep for future mods. The above link is for the 4 bolts needed? what washers can be used and sizes? and can anybody tell me whats the difference between these two hose set ups on C&R? and will i need any different banjo bolts or will they be included? Thank you

http://www.candrenterprises.co.uk/shop/goodridge-brake-hose-kit-vw-1989-1995-2.html

http://www.candrenterprises.co.uk/shop/goodridge-brake-hose-kit-vw-1989-1995-3.html

Like it says, the first one is for original calipers - the second is for Mk4 calipers. VW improved the handbrake mech so it doesn't seize as often - but you could save £50 by keeping the ones you have already.

The four bolts are for the front calipers - they need to be longer than the originals to account for the 6mm of spacers. Any stainless M12 washers should work, though some grades of stainless resist corrosion better than others. The bloke on eBay sent me some by accident which were 1.5mm so four of them made 6mm - do check yours though! Don't forget the toothed lock washer (or Loctite) as they'll eventually work loose otherwise. Tons of banjo bolts are included with the kit but C&R will send you extras if you get the wrong ones - just ask nicely! :) I have quite a few spares left over if you get stuck.

Stone

Well haven't actually got any 312s yet but I'll order the c&r set in the second link and get onto the chap at eBay for the longer bolts and some washers.

Thanks for the help, hopefully I'll get the right ones then :)

It is a bit of a nightmare getting all the right bits! Ping me your address over and I'll send you a pile of washers, I have tons left over as they come in bags of 50.

It's well worth spending a tenner on a set of digital calipers btw, they come in handy for all sorts of things and make it much easier to confirm thread pitches...

Ithe braided lines I got from C&R (this set) had the wrong size banjo bolts in them.

We try to make sure all the kits have both types of bolt in now, much easier that way.

C&R thats where i got my line kit from both banjo bolts are the wrong thread, not there fault i rang them yesterday and im sending them the correct thread bolt today and both jon and roy have been really helpfull and have told me they can sort it fingers crossed.Trust me to find the one vw caliper with a strange thread pitch lol .....

With yours that makes four different fittings for 'the same' caliper, I wouldn't feel too bad! Mine were the coarse thread (1.5mm) which didn't come with C&R's kit but they sorted me out in quick time :)

Stone

With yours that makes four different fittings for 'the same' caliper, I wouldn't feel too bad! Mine were the coarse thread (1.5mm) which didn't come with C&R's kit but they sorted me out in quick time :)

Stone

lol mate ive sent the correct bolt today so they know what thread i need they have been spot on so far i ended up buyin mk4 calipers off them also for the rear

Hi all

I have decided to actually pull the c out the garage from under all the boxes and crap and get it ready for the summer....The front brakes have been sitting in the passenger foot-well and need rebuilt so does anyone know where I can get a repair kit as I could do with changing the seals and definitely need slider pins and new bolts...They are off a TT I was told when I bought it...

Cheers

Anyone tell if there is a difference between the following parts?.

4B0615125A - €119 - Carrier

1J0615125A - €162 - Carrier

Thanks.