Sign in to follow this  
bristolbaron

Car accident within 48 hours of E38.. update PG3

I'm gutted!

Driving to Bristol this morning down country A roads, my journey is slowed by an old fart in front doing 20-30mph, in a national speed limit area. The guy realises he's keeping me waiting, so decides to take the corners slower - 10-15mph.

I get to an area where theres a bit of straight - now a 30 zone - and safely overtake at 30 mph. He decides he's not happy, so goes to overtakes me with a parked lorry the other side of the road! inevitably, there's not enough room, so he smacks into the side of me. :cry:

He's damaged both wheel arches and an alloy, not major damage, but not looking good for E38 now. I'm still going, but just won't be turning full lock at any point!

Ah well, just see what the insurers say. Two blokes in the lorry saw what happened, and one, in his best Bristolian said 'get 'is insurers ta call I, I'll tell 'em he's a C**T!'

feck, unlucky mate, all his fault though reguardless of what happened prior to him going in to the side of you so at least you know it'll get sorted at his cost.

love the quote from the lorry driver, nice one ;)

sh1t... that's not good to hear... Hope you got all his details and are gonna claim against him, sounds like it's entirely his fault... :mad:

Mate, gutted - least the fool stopped so you're not out of pocket, similar happened to my mum and the fecker just drove on :mad:

swap the charger for a bu66ered one quick and say yours blew form the impact!!! :norty:

bad luck mate where there any double white lines where he overtook ?

how did R.O.V.E.R get past the forum swear filter??

$h1t man, thats a bummer! not that theres ever a good time for this to happen, but what bad timing! Feck it, screw the old bar-steward hard on the old insurance... and dont forget the impact knocked your neck a little and you feel all sore and whiplashed!

I swear, Rover drivers really should be picked up on by the Police. If there's a big line of slow moving traffic round here it's almost always a flippin Rover at the front.

If you're too scared to drive at a respectable speed, then please don't drive at all :roll:

Hope you get it all sorted out soon tho mate :)

Old farts are the worst for road rage ...... they're all Victor Meldrews by the age of 60 and hate "young hooligans" hurrying them along. And yeah it's usually always a Rover, a champagne Gold Avensis or some really old Jag on it's last legs.

They pootle along 60 limit country lanes at 40, and stay at 40mph when it drops to 30 :roll:

I had one old flat cap wearer swerve across the road to block my path as I overtook once...... he was one of the "40 in a 60" brigade. Old Bastards. I wish my car had a snow plough or a chain gun on the front of it.

Bad news Mr Baron.... I hope you sting his 400 years No claims for this.

They pootle along 60 limit country lanes at 40, and stay at 40mph when it drops to 30

Thats actually a very good point

Yet still, you don't see many people above 40 (EDIT - years old) in kill your speed ads do you? They're the feckers who cant read a speed sign but coz they've got 23 years no claims they can drive around with 9 points

grr

thats really bad mate!!

u got to love the Bristol Accent!!

Hope it gets sorted on his expense!!

Nightmare mate.

Don't worry about going to e38 with a dinged car though. Did you see the pic of the C at Tatton park with the 'just smashed' front corner? Looked kinda cool in an odd way! :wink:

Hope it's sorted pronto for you though. :|

spoken to my insco, they're actually pretty good! [adrian flux] they've put a company called angel assistance in charge of handling the claim. i've had a call from them already to say they'll sort me out with a loan car whilst a quote is done. they just need to get his insurers to accept liability.

Anyway.. i'm going back out to polish the remains!

i have legal cover on my insurance and when i got rear ended it was angel assistance who sorted the hire car out but a solicitor who sorted out the rest of the claim.

when you get a hire car ask for a golf though as they will probably give you a new megane and they are bloody horrible things to drive, afterwards they said i could have had a golf or focus if i had asked :mad:

i have legal cover on my insurance and when i got rear ended it was angel assistance who sorted the hire car out but a solicitor who sorted out the rest of the claim.

when you get a hire car ask for a golf though as they will probably give you a new megane and they are bloody horrible things to drive, afterwards they said i could have had a golf or focus if i had asked :mad:

Ah! top tip, cheers dude. Better make it an R32 then!

Cant believe today though.. just go out to continue yesterdays polishing [stopped due to thunderstorm] and it starts raining. :mad:

E38 or bust.

Bugger - sorry to hear your bad news! My C has decided it needs a new centre section for the exhaust in a desperate bid to stop me going to e38 (it'll never work though)

Spose the slightly good side is that your car will be a lot easier to recognise at the show now ;)

Sorry, thought it was obvious! R.O.V.E.R. :mad:

LOVL

sorry to hear about the crash - but them Rovers are trouble. Bet it was a red one!!!!

mind you the greens and the blues are c a n ts as well.

Sorry to hear that mate!! glad your still coming to E though! i dont know what i would have done if i was you, i could see myself hitting the guy!!!!

Chip up fella! Glad to hear you're still coming to E38 though. I'd make sure you get any stone chips on your front re-sprayed when you get the work done as well...

Cheers,

Tom

I usually treat minor impacts like that as an excuse to tidy up iffy paintwork! Although annoyingly it's the good side that has no dings or scratches that usually gets hit :?

I usually treat minor impacts like that as an excuse to tidy up iffy paintwork! Although annoyingly it's the good side that has no dings or scratches that usually gets hit :?

Thats what im hoping will happen, as the car really isn't that bad. The whole front end of the car is a slightly different colour to the back anyway, so they may see the need for a full/major respray. Also, i spoke to a wheel shop today about refurbishment, they said insurance companies just seem to replace the whole set these days!

My worry is total repair costs outwaying it being written off. I'd much rather have my car, with fresh paint work and new wheels then fight against silly amounts of money as a payout.