Sign in to follow this  
veeDuB_Rado

How Many Points You Got?

I had 8 then i got 3 more in July, Then the 8 came off 2 weeks ago so now just 3. I was on 11 points for 4-5 weeks which was scary :lol:

Expecting my first 3 in 8 years of driving AND this was in a MK5 diesel which takes the mick as my first car was a MK1 Golf GTI and I now have a MK1 Golf G60 and a Corrado VR6....

I do 40-50,000 miles a year and have had a clean licence for 8 years, had a total of 3 points in 20 years - doing that kind of mileage sharpens your observation skills

think my first 3 are gone now luckily, but if i still lived in the uk i dread to think got my three within like 2 weeks of passing my test !

none at the moment,, but i think i was flashed on the m6 where the road works are on the way to ed38 yesterday, :(

clean thank god, only points that i have ever had were 6 in one go about 10 years ago, got caught on the M18 rushing to work at 133.76mph in my MK2 :) thought they were gonna take my license but due to work commitments they gave me 6 points and £1000 fine :( bstds

good thing is though it really calmed me down I think I would have been dead now if Id have carried on driving like I used to

Clean licence since 2000 when the only three points I've ever had came off. I'm probably going to sell the R1 next week too, hopefully minimising the chances of future endorsements.

I believe speeding points are valid for three years and come off your licence after four years...or something. That's how it worked for me anyways with an SP30.

6 points for me after a stint on the M1 at speeds in excess of 125mph in my old rep wagon. Had my day in court and got away with just 6 points due to my job but a £500 fine and a solicitors bill of another £500. Very expensive day!

Clean at the mo, and has been since 2000, when the 3 I got for 45 in a 30 (main road at 11:30pm, in my defence) in my Uno Turbo in '97 went from my licence...

And I plan on keeping it this way!

None for me currently. I have the dubious honour of going over the 6 point limit in the probationary period so can say i've passed both my tests first time. Had to redo theory as well...

Normal points (speeding etc) are "valid" for three years, can be taken off the licence after four, and the insurance companies seem to make up their own rules and ask about the last 5 years. Drink driving and a couple of others are on there for 10 i think.

Got six at the moment but they come off in Feb next year!!

Was kind of a good thing in retrospec as it has calmed me down.