Sign in to follow this  
Riley

Please help my g60 - Err where were we? Page 42

It has the indregients of a MAP sensor issue but i could be wrong and hope sorting the head cures your problems.

ahh i see.

whats the map sensor? something leccy in the ecu that senses/reads the map? :? :lol:

so it has all the symptoms?

ps:should i attack the head with the dremmel?

Riley, have you not tried another ecu on it already? Map sensor is inside the ecu and reads vac/boost (Manifold Absolute Pressure).

alright keith m8 :)

havent tried another ecu,if it was the map sensor,is it new/second hand ecu time?

or can you replace the map sensor?

if the valve re seat dosnt sort the problem,should i look into this next?

thank,neil.

Neil don't jump ahead mate. Get the head back on and start again. I am sure you are thinking too deep.

To check your ECU I would fit it to another car and see what the score is. I wouldn't go throwing expensive parts at your own car, before confirming a failure.

Fitting a duff ECU to another car will make it run badly but not cause and damage. Fitting a good ECU in yours, might damage it.

You could replace a MAP sensor, not sure where you'd get it from though? I know that they fit TDI MAP sensors to allow the ECU to cope with higher boost, above 1.X BAR

Gavin

ok,thanks again guys.

ill get the head back on and see what happens.

and of course,ill stay away from the dremmel (not thinking straight!)

i just get annoyed at unknown problems like this,i hate not knowing enough.

neil.

im just watching the tickover vid again,what the hell is it? :?

and looking at the inlets,im just wondering weather it looks like burnt fuel has been coming back through them or not?

shouldnt they be a little cleaner than they are?

really racking my brains here :?

OK, I've only just seen this thread due to being away/ill when it all started...

Having just read it all here's my thoughts:

1) Get the engine back into one piece, if it runs or not doesn't matter, as long as it's mechanically back in one piece then that's fine. From that point, it's GOT to be simple to fix as there's only a few things it can be now that you've had the valves sorted (which, incidentally, I don't think was your problem)

2) Where did you get the Throttle to ECU pipe you fitted from? It's not just the length that's important, the inner diameter is equally important and it MUST be able to take vacuum without collapsing else you'll get problems almost exactly as you describe...

3) DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING ELSE! The more things you change the harder it becomes to work out what the initial fault was...

4) Timing and Map sensor/other sensors - If you'd like, I have 2 G60s, one in bits with a standard ECU just sat there doing nothing and one in H-YYU with an aftermarket chip in the ECU. I also have a rather nice digital advance timing light. I'm pretty local to you, so when it's back in one piece, call me (phone number PM'd to you) and I'll pop up and we'll give it a go... I don't want anything in return, I'll be happy that I've helped someone get a Corrado running again - Hell, that's why I post up on here in the first place! :lol:

Contact me if any of that sounds good...

thankyou god,henny has emerged :notworthy: :lol:

henny,the vac pipe was a new piece i had sitting around,originally for replacing bits on the mk1.its diameter is 3.5mm?

as far as collapsing,im not sure,its the same stuff to look at? :?

really appreciate the help,the corrado is the only thing keeping me sane even though its driving me mad :cuckoo:

ill get it built back up as soon as i have all the bits,maybe tommorow/monday.

neil.

thankyou god,henny has emerged :notworthy: :lol:

You've already got 3 excellent people who have helped and taught me stuff about G60s helping you in this thread. Hell, Daz has forgotten more about G60s than I know... 8)

the vac pipe was a new piece i had sitting around,originally for replacing bits on the mk1.its diameter is 3.5mm?

Sounds reasonable

as far as collapsing,im not sure,its the same stuff to look at? :?

It's one to keep in mind then, looks can be deceiving... ;)

really appreciate the help,the corrado is the only thing keeping me sane even though its driving me mad :cuckoo:

ill get it built back up as soon as i have all the bits,maybe tommorow/monday.

neil.

No problems, just lemme know... 8)

will do m8 :)

i thought from what ive read that you were the g60meister? :lol:

i realise the other guys know theyre stuff,hell,if you come over,it may end up being a little meet if i ring all of you up :lol:

sorry if i come across like an idiot guys,my heads just all over at the miute...

neil.

edit:what next? :mad:

the roof in the new house is leaking in!

the new ovens still fecked!

the cars fecked!

g-friend left and today had to go doctors with complications(carrying first child),and my sister and her boyfriend split after just having first baby.

life is just,well,fecked.

ive just read this thread and i feel like slitting my wrists!..... :D

hate to say it mate...but it is only a car after all....i dont mean to be-little your problem..but you should'nt let it get to you so much!!!...im sure someone with a fresh look on the situation will be able to come up with a solution for you dude.......so chill! :afro: :D

Riley, I'm not the g60meister, I'd say that's Daz's title with him working on 'em day in, day out! :notworthy:

It helps that I'm an engineering graduate and I've been messing around with VWs for almost half my life, but mostly I've just picked up info and experience of the G60 over the last 3 years I've had J-DUB, mainly through all of the problems I've had with her and from spending FAR too much time on this forum and at shows/meets talking to people like G-Man, 16VG60, H100VW, Gibber and others! 8)

ive just read this thread and i feel like slitting my wrists!..... :D

hate to say it mate...but it is only a car after all....i dont mean to be-little your problem..but you should'nt let it get to you so much!!!...im sure someone with a fresh look on the situation will be able to come up with a solution for you dude.......so chill! :afro: :D

:lol: no,no...pas the knife to me m8.

seriously though,like you say its just a piece of metal.its other things in life that are really getting to me at the moment,ive just gotta get through it somehow,just carry on regardless as usual.

Riley, I'm not the g60meister, I'd say that's Daz's title with him working on 'em day in, day out! :notworthy:

It helps that I'm an engineering graduate and I've been messing around with VWs for almost half my life, but mostly I've just picked up info and experience of the G60 over the last 3 years I've had J-DUB, mainly through all of the problems I've had with her and from spending FAR too much time on this forum and at shows/meets talking to people like G-Man, 16VG60, H100VW, Gibber and others! 8)

yeah,sorry ian.

i suppose i was just really wanting anyone else ranked up there with,g-man-16vg60-h100vw-gibber-and others to throw an opinion in.

i appreciate all of your (named above) help and input,and anyone elses who has joined in,even just to say good luck etc.

hopefully later today i should be able to pick up all the gaskets/cambelt etc,and then tonight i may get stuck in.

fingers crossed.

neil.

just edited my post,it looked like i was really kissing your a$$ ian :lol:

i mean your help as in,everyone above.

and yes including you ian. :thumbleft:

neil.

alright guys,

could someone just confirm what the numbered parts are here,im pretty sure on most of em.

just a few are baffling me. :?

thanks,neil.

1/head gasket.

2/exhaust mani gasket.

3/inlet mani gasket.

4/??? rubber o rings and a paper one?

5/???

6/guessing,camshaft oil seal?

7/guessing,valve stem oil seals? do i need to get these in really? yeah?

8/???

9/downpipe gasket? is this hard to change? worth the hassle?

10/exhaust mani studs and nuts,ill have to use the old washers.

11/rocker gasket,im sure my old one was solid?

12/cambelt obviously!

13/belt tensioner!

1 - headgasket

2 - exhast manifold gaskets

3 - exhast manifold gasket (never have worked out why they give you both types... :? )

4 - water flange seals

5 - inlet manifold gasket

6 - cam seal (sits on cam behind cam drive wheel)

7 - valve seals

8 - inlet manifold gasket (again, never have worked out why they give you both types... :? )

9 - exhaust manifold to downpipe gasket

10 - exhaust manifold studs and nuts

11 - Rocker cover gasket

12 - Cambelt

13 - Cambelt tensioner

Oh, and across the top,

Headbolts, Synta silver oil, and G12+ coolant... :lol: 8)

Very much similar to the contents of my boot at the moment except I've also got a heater matrix, expansion tank and cap in there too! :lol:

I've always used 2 and 8 and ignored 3 and 5 ;) Oh, and I have no idea what the paper O ring in 4 is for either... :| :lol:

thanks ian,i got 3 mixed up with 5 then! :oops:

n0.4,ahh for the plastic outlet where the two bts's sit?

edit:well spotted on the oil and g12+ etc :lol:

neil.

yup, and the one on the side of the head too... ;)

If you've had the head rebuilt, then whoever did it should have used new valve seals anyway, so you can ignore 7