Sign in to follow this  
STORM 2

not recommended in a 30 zone

420Km is about 250mph if my rough calcs are correct.

That looks to be an E36 or E34 instrument cluster, in which case no M cars from that era can rev to 10,000+ rpm, or do anywhere near 200mph.

Odd photo! Unless it's a special custom job (or a faked pic), then I'm calling BS on that....

Yeah.. BS here too.. could you imagine taking a picture that still at that sort of speed?! Apart from it being shaky beyond belief, it'd require 101% concentration.. no margin for error!

Oh, and moving out of eBay and Misc!! :)

Beat me to it Kev ! True enough, it's an E36 cluster and none of the BMW's of that era, (or this era for that matter) can do anything like the indicated speed or rev to such indicated rpm. Methinks it's just a wee bit fake,

Cheers

The other problems are the water temp gauge (running at normal) and the gauge in the bottom of the rev counter. If I remember my BM's correctly that is a fuel economy meter and it would be no where near the middle at that speed and those revs!

(It is also worth noting the new road car speed record set by the Bugatti is a mere 252mph)

not being a biker type...............but.........would BMW bikes rev to as much as 12k????......cos it looks like its Photo-chopping perhaps using a BMW bike rev counter........

not entirely sure its an E-36 cluster tho.................and its deffo not a 8-series cluster thats for sure..possibly a E-34 5 series cluster

EDIT........its not an E-36 cluster for sure..............the digital odometer on an E-36 should be in the lower segment of the speedo

guys, you're all missing the BIG thing that's missing from that photo....

... where's the top of the steering wheel?!? You can see the boss, but the top of the wheel's not on the shot... either it's got a truck steering wheel, or that's been tatty-chopped... ;)