Sign in to follow this  
veeDuB_Rado

Rusty Corrado!?

Yup, Audi's were galvanised (but it doesn't save you from rust). Got some round the arches on my Audi....

Not much on the 'rado for a car of its age though.

Cheers,

Tom

Pretty sure Mercs are galvanised as well, my '87 190 didn't have a spot of rust on it, and I can't recall seeing any others with much rust either.

Also, the only bits of rust I've found on my C are a tiny bit around one of the side repeaters, and the rear number plate light thing.

Oh, and my Dad had a 1990 Fiat Tipo which was fully galvanised.

The bit under the spoiler and above the numberplate (as Tempest said) is the only nit of rust on my VR, you only see it when you open the boot though thankfuly

The number plate light surround - that panel is available from the dealers for less than a fiver btw!!

The bit under the spoiler and above the numberplate (as Tempest said) is the only nit of rust on my VR, you only see it when you open the boot though thankfuly

The number plate light surround - that panel is available from the dealers for less than a fiver btw!!

That's good to know - I'll have to go and get one. Suppose I'll also have to see if I can get some paint for it - don't think it will look too good if I paint it with my little touch-up brush!

Bit on the hatch not sure where it came from but I will be fixing that when I get my respray other than that the bings that are on the front arcs are starting to rut but those will get done up soon also. over all I think they were making a light armor vehcile then decided to use the left over steel in the Rados. I have always loved the fact that I dont feel like the door is going to fall off it is close it hard.

i reckon i could put a claim in for the most rust,one of my rear arches is pretty bad now,but thats the only place,i think its due to a previous repair job not being done properly

on the subject of galvanised fiats, i can confirm my mates uno turbo was most certainly not! you could see right through that thing! [and not just through the windows thankyou :lol: ]

i can vouch for g60greeny being one of the worst rusty arches on a c. its good in a way tho cos its always a reminder to me to always clean in the arches. :)