Sign in to follow this  
Yandards

Probably been done, but whats the worst bit of a C to clean?

Just given my car a pre-stealth trip wash and realised just how bloody annoying the wing mirrors are when it comes to cleaning, especially when you can't feel your fingers!!

So whats you least favourite spot of your Corrado to clean?

Two feet up the exhaust pipe it starts getting pretty hard... ;)

Not many people 'love' their cars that much!! :shock:

I used to hate doing round the back of the car - water used to collect around the boot, dribble down etc - then you'd open the boot, more water would pour out onto the bits you'd already dried.

The Corrado was just annoying to wash, definately.

Getting down to clean the front spoiler - which in my case is colour coded, cracked and covered in stone chips :roll:

Oh, and remembering to raise the spoiler to clean underneath it...

I used to keep my mk1 golf much cleaner than I keep the C but then I was 20 when I had that and had more energy when it came to buffing 8)

The lines of water that periodically run down the door handles and wing mirrors whilst drying

plus the water that gathers in the roof gutters and runs down your clean windows as soon as you drive off :roll:

How about all of it? I hate cleaning cars, even when it's one I love as much as the VR! I get bored after about 10 mins and can never be bothered to polish it too.

I always had time to wash my Corrado.. don't seem to have the enthusiasm for the Golf though!

Wheels are my pet hate because they're fiddly and always the dirtiest bit. I think that's why I could never have any more than 6 spokes :lol:

I don't know how you guys running BBS and/ split rims stay sane.

Without doubt the worst area to get shiney after a good wash and wax is the bloody sunroof lining, everytime you wipe over it and put pressure on it you can a fresh smear on the roof...AHHHHH

..not that i've gotta worry about it anymore...

Wheels are my pet hate because they're fiddly and always the dirtiest bit. I think that's why I could never have any more than 6 spokes :lol:

I don't know how you guys running BBS and/ split rims stay sane.

gotta agree, i go mad everytime i clean my wheels properly!!! so fiddly and time consuming (and you ALWAYS miss a bit)

I used to hate doing round the back of the car - water used to collect around the boot, dribble down etc - then you'd open the boot, more water would pour out onto the bits you'd already dried.

The Corrado was just annoying to wash, definately.

agree on that

although a very short drive and couple of emergency stops sorts that out,, for me is lying down to clean the chin spoiler and in the arches is a pain too and dangerous :oops:

my 15'' bbs wheels, absolutley hate them, hands ache in places they shouldn't after the second wheel :( but it has to be done

x2

completely black interior is a bitch, you think its clean, then you look at it from a distance..doh missed loads!

Wheels and front although I've recently discovered the flash car wash system, how damn good is that??

So, who's a chemist? I want to know what the deionising packs contain so I can refill them cheaply or copy it ;-) I don't use the flash shampoo though, I stick my own in.

I am amazed how the soft water oop narf makes washing a car so much easier than darn sarf! It was a joy today! Worst bit is the bit at the back of the turrets in the engine bay.

Jay

So, who's a chemist? I want to know what the deionising packs contain so I can refill them cheaply or copy it ;-) I don't use the flash shampoo though, I stick my own in.

I think its just a compact version of the home water softening kits you can get, you could always get one of those fitted instead :wink: