Sign in to follow this  
C. Will Corrado G60 2

Chill has kill my battery

I got a Varta battery from the dealers. If you can have you check your water is topped up?? checked all connections are ok?

It a bit cheaper to do this then spending cash on a new battery.

Hope you get it sorted mate.

Bosh Silver in mine and it by far the best battery I have put in. It actually started better than ever before. I often dont drive my car during the week or for weeks at a time and this one has never let me down.

A point to note is that if you do top up the water level in cold weather such as this it is imperative that you take the car for a spin to charge the battery and therefore mix the acid and distilled water or else the water added can freeze cracking the case of the battery.

From my experience with bosch is that there good but not that good, i had a new bosch battery put in last year and its all puffed out now only after a year, gone with a cheaper exide battery this time with a 3 year warrenty for £40.

Everytime I read the thread title I think Chrishill has killed your battery.

http://www.visionexpress.co.uk

The Halfords Calcium batteries are very good, and come with a 4 year warranty... the other thing is that Halfords shift alot of batteries so they won't have sat on the shelf for too long.

Halfords HB075 (non-calcium) with 3-year warranty, failed after 1 year, replaced free under warranty. Now I think that's on its way out after a year, so... Free batteries for life?!

Halfords HB075 (non-calcium) with 3-year warranty, failed after 1 year, replaced free under warranty. Now I think that's on its way out after a year, so... Free batteries for life?!

Hee hee, that happened to me with My G40, I had a Bosch silver one, it kept giving up the ghost after 6 months to a year, I'm on my 5th free replacement :lol:

Normal lead plate batteries don't like vibration, which is probably why they're dying off so quickly in lowered and stiffened Corrados etc.

I put a 75AH bosch Silver in about 18 months ago and that gave up the ghost recently. Had a huge VAG Varta one in before that and it also met an early demise. So I stuck an Optima Yellow top in last week, lets see how long that lasts :-) Claims to be vibration resistant among other things....

I have to say, on the old VDOs, the voltage is sitting at just under 14 most of the time (at night) now. With the bosch it rarely ever went over 13 (engine running) and despite the Optima being 55AH (20 less than the Bosch), it turns the engine over a LOT quicker.

warranty will be from the original purchase date, not the last one you got!

and batteries are priced according to the warranty in some cases, the Hella one I have now is a far heavier duty (diesel 74Ah) and cost less than the lower spec Bosch silver, it simply has a two instead of 3 yr warranty.

David.

I was quite happy with the Bosch Silvers i've had in both of my Corrados now and would happily reccomend one to anyone!

warranty will be from the original purchase date, not the last one you got!

In theory, but the Bosch dealer I got mine from kept giving me a new warranty from the date of replacement. :lol:

While we're on the subject of batteries - anybody know the cheapest place of getting a new battery?

I just want to put something in my mk3 so it's working and I can sell it...

Dinks, Audioscape have got loads of cr@ppy old batteries (bosch silver and the like :-) ) lying around, next time you're down I'll grab one for you.