Sign in to follow this  
Son of a Beesting

VR6 Highline versus a Nissan 200sx

I had one mate identical to that baove before the C. I found it a little souless and plasticy. Cant deny it was quick and easy to make it quicker up to a point. They look great imo, apart from the back end, thats the only let down.

They have a boost limiter in 1st and second iirc which makes them feel slow to start with but then silly quick in 4th etc. Take that out straight away mate!!

Then theres a small pipe with a brass rectricter in it, swop it for £2 worth of halfords fuel hose and you've got about 40bhp for £2, now that is a bit cheaper than vr tuning i have to admit!!

Only thing that went on mine was the fuel pump circa £300! And the back end on wet roundabouts, or dry ones for that matter!! Hope you enjoy mate, you'll be back one day though imo!!

Oh and fit a boost gauge day 1, then when you play you can make sure you dont rise the boost over the fuel cut like i did. Thats not a smooth or pleasant experience beleive you me!

Hehe, I think it's pretty much a full gone conclusion the 200 is way way better

Or a perfectly good example of what happens when you give idiots access to keyboards.

Nissans? I ask you. I blame students.

Gotta be honest, having driven both , a Mk3 Goof is one of the few VAG cars that I would turn down in favour of a rice eater.

It's quite subjective, best thing to do is have a drive of both mate and see how you get on.

As a nissan and a Corrado owner (and it's probably wrong of me to say in this forum)i would say that the Nissan would be a better buy.

The Nissan is much more refined and in terms of performance for pounds and a worthy buy.

As said above it should be more reliable all round, as long as you buy an unabused one,and cheaper to run and maintain in the long term.

Conclusion - 200sx vs Golf vr6, 200sx wins.

But what about a 200sx vs a Corrado vr6?!

hi there son of a beesting,

this sounds very familar to me but to keep it short i had a mk3 highline in very good cond which i sold and bought your G60 :D . it is a a nice car but you will be bored within 2 days it just does'nt doing that puts a smile on your face if you know what i mean..... it is really hard to know what to buy after a corrado.... just see my sig for the cars i had after my vr and i had them all within 1 year, sold them and ended back owning aother c......says it all really.

Son of a Beesting, nice one! Sounds like a really nice car. Bring it to the Stealth RR day in April! :wink: :D

sorry i've had a mk3 and just dont like them ....boring , if you want to move away from the c ... go all the way ,i would go evo 6

They have a boost limiter in 1st and second iirc which makes them feel slow to start with but then silly quick in 4th etc. Take that out straight away mate!!

Then theres a small pipe with a brass rectricter in it, swop it for £2 worth of halfords fuel hose and you've got about 40bhp for £2, now that is a bit cheaper than vr tuning i have to admit!!

... and watch as the engine self destructs from boost spikes :roll:

Do it properly... either buy a dedicated boost controller (like AVCR) or buy a Dawes device (we call them Bren devices on sxoc) which is about £35 and will control the boost level and prevent spiking that damages the engine....

If you are going to run higher than 12psi then an uprated Walbro fuel pump and a colder grade set of spark plugs are well advised.

Dont run any higher than 15psi on standard fuel injectors - the fuelling runs at 100% at 15psi under full load :shock:

Boost guage is ESSENTIAL if you are messing about with the boost - if you spike and hit more than 15psi you run the risk of detonation and 200 engines are not cheap :-P

A nice stage one car needs the following:

Induction kit

Decats (two of them)

Exhaust

Boost Controller

Plugs

Walbro Fuel Pump

That will cost approx £800 if all brand new parts... or less than £500 2nd hand ....

Run it @ 15psi and you will see around 250-260bhp with torque to match 8)

Hope that helps ;)

My corrado will probably be out the door in the new year and this is all sounding very tempting......can i ask a boring question...do the seats fold down on the 200sx and what is the boot space like??!!

The hatchback on the corrado is very useful!

My corrado will probably be out the door in the new year and this is all sounding very tempting......can i ask a boring question...do the seats fold down on the 200sx and what is the boot space like??!!

The hatchback on the corrado is very useful!

They do fold down yes but not to the extent that the Corrado does.... you get a good size hole to fit stuff through once drop the seat down... the boot is not as big as the Corrado's though due to the RWD transmission...

Theres bugger all room in the back, or the boot in all honesty. You cant have any adults in the back, unless they can wrap theyre legs around their head, though that may be a good thing ;)

Still, as the proud (previous) owner of an S14 and an S14a, theyre great cars. Nice acquisition matey 8)

If you want to carry more than one passenger get a Corrado....if you are an unsociable selfish speed freak like me ...buy a 200sx and save the one spare seat you have for the one you love....he he

Thanks Kev :D

To get over 300bhp requires a fair bit of dosh spending matey... and with a wedding just paid for I'm a little broke :D

Next stage is to take it to 'stage 2' which is circa 320-350bhp and requires:

- NISMO 555 Injectors

- Standalone Fuel Management (Power FC / SAFC2 / Custom Mapping)

- FMIC

- GT28RS Turbo (larger) running at 17-18psi...

- 300zx TT Air flow unit

Although a few guys have done without the turbo and still got just over 300bhp... although the limit of standard turbo is 17psi (not advised to run it at that)...

My mate has the above spec but also had engine rebuilt with forged lower compression figures and it had rolling roaded today... Result:

With a air leak and just 16psi it got 351bhp and nearly 400lbft torque :D - once the mapping is set up correctly it should be good for 380bhp @ 20psi !!!

Other things I want to do is change the suspension for NISMO coilovers and whiteline ARB's and also fit some buddy club alloys :D

Well youve gotta hand it to em that is some cracking performance on a shoe string comparatively speaking next to Cor VR6.

Styling: Love the look of the front end and that I am afraid is all I can say that pleases me in that department!

For me its got to have the complete package performance and styling all round thats if you dont want to be selling it 12 months down the line after doing a vaste amount of tweaking thus loosing a fair bit of cash!!

But as they say Horse's for Course's and thats alot of Ponies for little pennies!

Totally agree mate ;)

Hence why I have bought ALL the mods 2nd hand to save cash and when comes to sale time I will return it to standard and sell the mods on again therefore selling the car easily (as standard again) and getting the money back on mods...

Saying that its not all about the money ;)

I love the front end.... like the side view (sideskirts coming this week) and HATE the rear end :D lol