Definitive 24v into a (VR) Corrado thread

Found these engine weights on VWVortex:

VR6 180 Kgs or 396 lbs

24v V6 173 Kg 382 lbs

1.8T 128 Kgs 282 lbs

1.8 16v 120Kgs 265lbs

G60? anyone know this 1?

Dude, where did you get the weights? I cant find them on Vortex :(

Beats 3k but you have nothing to be sad about mate.. all those valves! Are you still 'lovin it' ?! :)

Are you still 'lovin it' ?! :)

:norty: :notworthy: :nuts: :salute: :thumbleft: :thumb right: :afro: :lol: :mrgreen: :twisted: :luvlove: :luvlove: :luvlove:

HELL YEAH!!

If you are going FWD it is not worth it. You can if you want, but you will need to shorten the driveshafts, make a new mount bracket and blank off the propshaft output.

jay

Whats the ACTUAL capacity of the 4motion engine guys? (I know its probably only about 7 or 8 pages back, but Im on bloody dial up at the moment :mad: )

*respect*

now look what you had me wanting! It started with a K&N filter, now it's r32 conversions! renshaw, pm'd

aprrantly the top half is but the bottom half only fits the cats that it was intended for ie. 2.8 downpipe only fit 2.8 cats, r32 to r32 etc.

Which should not be a problem for Dutch as he is doing a transplant so won't (I doubt) be using the whole thing, unless he is mounting it like you MR.Cox.

Jay

actually, no, it isn't.

I just had to replace the downpipe on my 4 motion. I got an Audi 3.2 one (which is presumably the same as an R32 one).

It fitted the car, and the engine, but not the 4 motion cats. the flange is different. I had to fit the milltek race cats I was saving for the corrado.

Out of interest, what oil are you all using in the 24v? You still on Synta silver, or does it require fully synthetic, being a newer engine?

I've used synta silver in all my cars for the past 6 years. brilliant stuff, I buy it by the 25litre drum!

I was put off fully synthetics for life by a bad experience with mobil 1 and my (admittedly old) 2.8 VR6. it wept out of every seal and gasket, and the timing chains packed in a month later.