Sign in to follow this  
Walesy

Missing the bitch. :(

It has to be said

I moved last Saturday, which was the reason that I had to sell my raddo. I'm loving my new place...but I assumed that I would stop missing my raddo when I had new surroundings etc...but bloody hell...I need a raddo badly....the roads around here were made for it ...I hadn't realised how restricted I had been for the whole 2 years that I owned various raddo's by living in a City.

If anyone fancies swapping their raddo for 60bhp of raw boat handling power..then drop me a pm :(

i know how you feel matey, rightly or wrongly I used the VR as a way of letting off steam, plant the right foot, let the K&N roar and hang on for dear life... worked every time.

the GTI I have now is nice and that, but its like driving a sponge, no feedback from the road or the car, no where near the same level of communication through the steering wheel... its like going with danni minogue after being with kylie ;)

16v, 2 months and all that insurance!!

Walesy, Once I get mine back on the road i'll take you for a good spin around some nice Caarnish roads :) If you haven't bought one by then... get one soon though cos the prices are very good! Would it be a VR this time?

Erm, know the feeling. Initially I was loathed to the idea of having to take my Rado on a business trip from Tuesday till Thursday this week (well, more so, so that I could take it to G-Werks on the way back to get some new injectors), but boy, did I enjoy every mile even though it was all for business. Today I had to drive the normal company van again, what a difference. Van: thumbs-down big time :lol:

Tempest

Bloody thing wont run properly, its got about 40bhp, and there is a wierd noise, like a farting noise, when I accelerate, It was fine tilll i pulled upto a junction, and it decided to go wrong from then on. Might be the aitbox, i dunno. Feels like its runnin on 3 cylinders

He can't reach the pedals.. :-P

I miss mine everytime i'm not driving it, but if you leave it a week and (especialy driving other cars in between) then get back in it you appreciate it more! :D

Timing is fine as far as I know,i just the wierd tihng, it was running lovely, pulled upto a junction, and went to pull of and the car stated to make farting noise (from the front), and was almost dead basically. /offtopic

/on topic.

It seems silly for you to be paying your insurance etc and for you to be missing driving it when it's just a running problem stopping you. Have you taken it anywhere to see if you can get it sorted?

Im taking insurance off asap, I could get it looked at, but the nearest places are quite a bit away really ( thats at reasonable pricing anyway ) and Im not sure if the car will make it all the way there without stalling cos i gotta keeps revs quite high or it chokes and dies., and getting a truck out to get it will cost a bit of money too.

Timing is fine as far as I know,i just the wierd tihng, it was running lovely, pulled upto a junction, and went to pull of and the car stated to make farting noise (from the front), and was almost dead basically. /offtopic

shame you are so far away as i would be up for helping ya out

maybe some one is local could take a look??

Walesy
I know what you mean i had a 'spirited' drive to my mothers today, cant beat it. *chris thinks - I love my car*

If you can get it going ok, take it to Stealth, they're not far from you and it'll be in good hands :)

I feel the same Walesy. Its amazing how much of a hole they leave in your life considering they are just a car!

Me too! I'm resigned to not having another for a very long time though :(

Guys, it's the perfect time to buy...

Walsey, Nest time I am passing that way will drop you a pm and take you out for a burn. your only about 30 mins from me. And buy another one you know you want to !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

I've been driving my C to work every day for the last 2 weeks - nice twisty B-roads that are an absolute hoot in the VR :D :D

The drive would be so tedious in anything else.

I seem to be getting through petrol rather quickly tho...

I've been driving my C to work every day for the last 2 weeks - nice twisty B-roads that are an absolute hoot in the VR :D :D

The drive would be so tedious in anything else.

I seem to be getting through petrol rather quickly tho...

I only drive my c once or twice a week and now my missus has got a new job she is going to be commuting 50 miles a day on nice twisty fun roads in her until we can afford a 2nd motor. At least she will be paying out the national debt in fuel :lol: .And I am soooooooooooooooooooooo Jealous :mad: