Sign in to follow this  
Dutch24V

New tyres

Had to get some new tyres as the APK (MOT) is due.

12 months ago I had Bridgestone Potenza S03's fitted all-round and the front ones are now shot (33500 km's later though). As Potenza's are no longer available was forced to try something different.

Mate (VAG mechanic) recomended some Continental ContiPremiumContact 2's (for the standard 15" speedlines btw) and I must say they are bloody excellent. Very smooth ride and stunning grip wet and dry. They have massive grooves for water that you can fit your finger in :shock:

They should last longer than the Michelin Pilot Exalto's too apparently so will see. Highly recomended anyhow.

Dutch

I had those on my 200sx, and Ive also got them on the missus Clio, they are good tyres and may get them on the C soon ;)

I've got conti's on my C and the level of grip is astonishing dry or wet. I've had a couple of occasions where I thought I had outbraked myself on bends and expected the car to continue straight on only to find it has gripped better than I expected! I don't think I would use anything else.

I think you can pick up the 15's for about £70 a corner so the 17,s will be a little more I guess. Add extra for fitting.

I've got them on my V8 MGB...it's got rather more power than the VR6, I can spin the wheels in the wet.....but the grip is excellent, nice soft ride, and not too noisy , and no serious signs of wear in over 8000 miles.......I hadn't realised that they were available in VR6 size.

I paid 120 euro's per corner, fitted & balanced etc. (on 15" speedlines)

My mate works at a large VAG garage that has all the marks under one huge roof - VW, Audi, Seat, Porsche. The ONLY tyres they fit as standard accross the Audi and Porsche range are Continentals Premium's and Sports. I figured if they were good enough for ALL the porsches they sell/service/mot, then they must be good on the C, and they are!!

As Potenza's are no longer available these make a very good replacement.

Dutch

The ONLY tyres they fit as standard accross the Audi and Porsche range are Continentals Premium's and Sports. I figured if they were good enough for ALL the porsches they sell/service/mot, then they must be good on the C, and they are!!

So long as they're N rated in the case of the 911s and I believe the 997 wears specially made Michelins. The RS4 comes with Michelin Pilot sports as standard too. I don't think a 911 would have premiums fitted tbh. The Cayenne perhaps...

As Potenza's are no longer available these make a very good replacement.

They're still available from Mytyres and my local fitter.

I like the Contisport 2s but they're not cheap!

Kev, they fit the sports on the 911's etc. & premiums on the Cayenne.

The RS4 and others may wear different tyres when new, but once serviced or MOT'd by this place they get Conti Sports.

Dutch

I've got them on my V8 MGB...it's got rather more power than the VR6, I can spin the wheels in the wet.....but the grip is excellent, nice soft ride, and not too noisy , and no serious signs of wear in over 8000 miles.......I hadn't realised that they were available in VR6 size.

wouldnt mind seeing some pics of the MG!