Sign in to follow this  
mo_527

corrado's

The 2.0 runs fine on super unleaded, but will also run fine on normal unleaded, unlike the 1.8

That's not completely true. Some 1.8s 'pink' when run on unleaded and some don't. Mine has standard ignition components and timing but runs fine on unleaded. I can't even notice a power difference between standard unleaded and higher-octane unleaded. My mate's Mk2 16v was the same but another mate's Corrado needed a K-Star to stop it pinking.

G60s have the potential for big power, buy you'll have to pay for it!

16v takes a little more coaxing to get the power out of, but parts for them are readly available as they share the engines with the golfs/passats. (so do g60, but they're a bit on the rare side and therefore expensive!)

De-cat usually costs about £70, but you gotta be carefull which one you buy as there are three different lengths!

US spec G60's IIRC only give 158bhp

Correct :-)

as the 1.8 really prefers leaded or premium U/L.......

You can run all VW engines built since the 60s on unleaded, but yes, the KR (1.8 16V) prefers 98 octane fuel just like its 8V-sibling, the DX (2nd generation GTI-engine).

Tempest