Sign in to follow this  
H36VDM

How many miles?

I bought my 1.8 16v about five years ago. It had 70,000 on it. It was an immaculate example in Tornado Red.

I can't begin to think how much i've spent keeping it on the road (although I do have a folder). Here's just a few off the top of my head ...

G60 BBS Aloys ... always liked them.

About £1200 at a VW stealership in the Northwest .. "Fixing the low oil pressure warning light". Multiple visits ... "Oh yes sir, it's fixed now".

About £2000 at DubSport ... Green card major unit replacement on the engine.

About £1300 on new suspension all round (40mm lower), drilled brakes

Last bill was for £700 to have gear selector cables replaced and have the belts done ... different stealership this time.

It's now got 212,000 miles on the clock and looks almost as good as the day I bought it.

My last car was a MkII GTi 8v - I took that to 270,000. Will the Corrado go that far?? (*Edit ... thx ... i was in a hurry)

Just thought I'd share it with y'all.

Nice one,not sure if 16 valvers will go that far,but I will watch to see if you do and glad to see somebody not scared of miles on a car

chubbz

Nice one,not sure if 16 valvers will go that far,but I will watch to see if you do and glad to see somebody not scared of miles on a car

chubbz

my mate sold his mk2 valver with about 310k on it, and from what i last heard its still going!

buy a volvo!

specially if you want to cover serious mileage!

There's some good mileage on there!

ive done 3,000 miles in 2 months in mine, couldnt do that in my rado me thinks

Why not?

I do about 600 miles a week in mine ... It's my everyday car. I get withdrawel symptoms if I don't use it. :roll:

I've done done 1200 miles in 3 days in mine, Rados get a bad rep, they are high maintenence sometimes but they will go on and on as far as miles are concerned.

Mine has done 129k.

H36VDM, I want to see more pics of your rado, get some up :)

:D wil do .. won't be for a few days though. I'm off to Bristol (*Note. at 50p a mile ... must post in other thread) until Thursday.

I own a M plate corado vr6 with only 76000 on the clock(just breaking her in) Aqua blue and full leather interior.

Also own mk2 gti 8v that has 99000(just broken in) still going strong.

I bought my Corrado (on 102k miles) shortly before I quit my high-mileage job in 2003. I put 5000 miles on it three months and had no breakdowns of any kind. I'm now doing less than 4000 miles a year in the car and it feels more second-hand every time I use it. It felt happier when I was using it all the time.

just hit 150 thousand today, ooooppps that means i have put 8 tho on her in 8 months and i only live 5mins walk from work. just cant help getting in her for a drive when i have a spare couple of mins!!!!!!!!

I sold my 134k valver and bought one with 160k (tho admittedly in much better mechanical condition), I'm doing the 1000 mile trip to Glasgow and back every month in her, plus my usual milage... and she hasn't missed a beat.... :)

imo people get to caught up with milage...

mileage IS GOOD

selling a car with high maileage is an arse

ive had a few with well over 100,000 on the clock

most being my audi -173,000 when it got written off (mechanics said it would do the same again) and my volvo - currently at 167,000

when i have a car with that many miles i love seeing how many more i can put on! i dont know why but i do :lol:

Modern cars, if properly cared for and serviced, should easily do well over 250,000... Mine's at about 130k, and the rat is on 155k, both running fine... Hacks me off when people are paranoid about miles on a car - they're meant to be used! :lol: