Sign in to follow this  
Ginger60

Gear Oil

Hi guys,

After much investigative research and deliberation I stuck MT90 in the gearbox, so when the cars going again it will be intresting to see what it drives like...

The old oil looked fine after 15years of thrashing and crunching lol no teeth or nothing in the drain bucket so im yet to see...

Has anyone been happy with it?

Plenty of happy people using Redline MT90 on here! :)

Definately a good choice.

I would like to test that oil.

I have read lots of good reports about it.

Thought it ain´t available around here...

I know a friend who is travelling to Portugal this week.

Is it allowed to bring oil in the airplane?

I believe not...

I had my box rebuilt recentley. Refilled it with Silktran Syn 5. Supposed to be better than MT90 :?:

We'll see how it runs soon. :D

Ive just recently replaced mine with (Motul Gear 300) because my gear change was getting a bit iffy. I think its more to do with the rear mount,

hopefully anyway? The gear change is definitely better from cold!

About £12.50 a litre! I just thought i would try something different, but Ive heard good stories about the (Redline MT90) stuff!

Try the VT gearbox mount, does wonders to the shift, especially when side shifting from 4th or 5th to 2nd, it drops straight in with no resistance unlike with the standard cack mount.

MT90 is a great oil, especially when slick 50 gear additive is added to it :-)

Forget what you've read about the engine Slick 50, the gear additive actually does what it says on the tin....and there are no oilways to block :-)

Just ordered 4 litres of Silkolene Silktran Syn 5 as it's a bit cheaper than the MT90 - hopefully doing the 'box oil this weekend... Might have to get some of the Slick50 too though if it'll help as well... :)

Those of you who seen my other thread will know I got it running last week, due to my insurance situation my friend drove it back home from the garage for me... can safely say he thought the gear box waas beutiful... as he shot off lol

Are there any disadvantages of the VT gearbox mount? Such as having stiffer engine mounts gives more vibration, anything like that at all with the gearbox mount?