Sign in to follow this  
bristolbaron

What do you know about Mercedes Benz? Interview tommorrow!

Okay guys and girls, i've got an interview tommorrow as a sales executive with Merecedes. I'm looking up whatever i can, but do any of you know anything about merc that can make me look clever?!

I dont wanna get caught out by them asking something obvious and not knowing the answer!

Looking forward to your responces. 8)

I know that conley_crew (or whatever his name was) drove one. That can't be a good thing! Congratulations with respect to the interview though chap :)

I think they are now owned by daimler crylser group, and as such build quality has suffered - but you don't want to mention the last part!!

my mate just got a sales job there,and he's as thick as they come...i'll ask him for tips if i catch him on msn later

Might wanna take a chance with a PM to Stevemac.. he knows lots about Merc stuff!

Their logo is a 3 pointed star in a circle if that helps oh and their indicators work slightly better than BMW's ;)

Dont know what to add at this stage really Baz, just wish you luck with it, and hope you get the job.

(2 seconds later, brain kicks in - this isnt specific to Merc, its more of what i ask anyone that we interview for a job at our place)

They are gonna want to know what you can bring to the company - not just knowledge but your experience, your goals and how you can fit in to the company.

How you can make them make lots of money. i.e. they are paying you to make more money from them.

Run out of things to say at this point! hope it helps dude.

Ah well if you want interview advice...

Have an answer ready in case they ask you "how would you describe yourself?" or "so why are you right for this job?"

And all the stuff Del says too.

Huge quantity of them are bought as company cars or as taxis / private hire. and the button to turn off the traction control is the best feature. :D

Good luck tho. (dont mention the war)

I think they are now owned by daimler crylser group, and as such build quality has suffered - but you don't want to mention the last part!!

Just a correction on that, Mercedes Benz is / was a trade name of Daimler Benz which merged with Chrysler making Daimler Chrylser, Daimler being listed first as it has control over Chrysler.

Chrysler were to provide the "SUV" platforms, Mercedes the passenger car platforms.

The ML was the first Mercedes built outside Germany.

The W211 is to get a facelift in june production including a revision to the esp unit incorporating the SBC braking system which will change from SBC 1.2 to SBC 3e which is designed and built by Robert Bosch GMBh (although they may not like to here that you know all this as its supposed to be a secret)

My mate works for Merc, I know a few bits.

They have very complicated sales targets i.e. you have to sell so many of each model both new and used. They are very big on paperwork i.e. questionaires for clients, pre sales enquiries, post sales enquiries etc etc (this is audited). So attention to detail is important. I think all their garages are now owned by Merc themseles (no franchises) and they are split into regions which compete with each other, they did this a little while back now.

They are also big on those funny pshyco analysis questions, so be thoughtful when completing the forms.

Good luck.

Yep, same here, all I know is that they were crap with me when I had one with regards to warrenty work, but then that's pretty much the same as any other larger car company.

Best of luck with the interview Baz, sounds like it could be a goodun!

Knowing about there customer demographics would be a good thing. See if you can find any sales statistics on the average age, earnings of people who buy Mercs. If I was interviewing someone for a sales position and they had already given my typical customer base some though I’d be impressed.

Also maybe mention being excited about the sales potential of an upcoming model. However, could be dodgy tactic if they don’t agree that the certain upcoming model has good potential for high sales.

Thanks all, i'll let you know how i get on! However, i may be doing this all over again, but with porsche, lexus and audi if they get back to me!

Cheers,

Baz.

They will want you to be big on maintaining high standards of customer service and determined to follow up customers.

Some basic pointers for you:

1. Ask what Lead / Diary Management system they have in place, if you're lucky they'll use e-GoodManners which is the VW brand standard requirement

2. Ask what there current conversion ratio is - industry average is 1 sale to every 5 prospects spoken to

3. Find out what training is on offer

4. Find out what the current sales teams individual targets are and what yours will be

5. Will you be inheriting someone elses contact / customer list or will you be starting from scratch

6. Do they have a documented sales process

7. Will you get involved in Finance and Insurance, if you do what is their procedure for getting you deemed "competent" under the scope of current FSA regulations

8. Make sure you let them know that you are very organised and precise with paperwork

They will not expect loads of detailed product knowledge but perhaps you should know:

1. In excess of 70% of UK S Class sales are of the 3.2 litre diesel

2. R and G class models are bulit in Alabama alongside the ML

3. Most RHD C class saloons are manufactured in South Africa

Good luck, success in car sales is not difficult, 90% of sales execs make a straightforward job far more difficult than it needs to be