blue95

Corrado AWD 20VT

What the camber like on your back wheels then ?

thats always an interesting topic when it comes to 4wd corrados :)

LOL very noticeable, my mate compared it to his old beetle, although the suspension was wound down way too low for my liking, which I think is the main cuplrit! In my pics on page 14 it looks OK, I wound down the coilovers 3cm from that pic and it really seemed to make it more noticeable (will have to dig out a pic of how it looks now.)

Nice! Bet that sounds ace!

idling wrong at the mo, took the throttle of yesterday and its defo not sealing properly

v v nice man! - did you get it done locally as i will need one done some point in the summer :D

Cheers mate, my bro got it sorted, can get you the details when your ready

What the camber like on your back wheels then ?

thats always an interesting topic when it comes to 4wd corrados :)

LOL very noticeable, my mate compared it to his old beetle, although the suspension was wound down way too low for my liking, which I think is the main cuplrit! In my pics on page 14 it looks OK, I wound down the coilovers 3cm from that pic and it really seemed to make it more noticeable (will have to dig out a pic of how it looks now.)

ah I see you are like me and like the car at a usable ride height ;)

nice one

very nice mate, liking the look of the system :)

Cheers....I love the rolled lip on the exhaust, thought I might get a bit of stick for it though :D

ah I see you are like me and like the car at a usable ride height ;)

nice one

Yep...also how else are ppl going to see the coilovers LOL

Hello Sukh,

Nice to meet you at DC09 - I'm the chap with the green rado (black roof), you were asking me about carbon fibre covers. Just read through the whole thread and i've gotta say well done mate! Superb bit of kit you got there. You going to be at inters next weekend?

I want to do the exact same thing with mine - looking out for a cheap mk2 syncro, well have been for some time. I have loadssss of questions for you lol so if your at inters, would love to catch up.

I'm keeping the vr6 lump but will stick a turbo for a power of 350-400 ish. So just need some advise about gearbox etc etc. The most i've done on the rado is a quick service too lol so would love to take on this project like you did.

Well done again dude - whats it like getting off the line dumping the clutch at 4k?

Cheers,

Kenny

Hello Sukh,

Nice to meet you at DC09 - I'm the chap with the green rado (black roof), you were asking me about carbon fibre covers. Just read through the whole thread and i've gotta say well done mate! Superb bit of kit you got there. You going to be at inters next weekend?

I want to do the exact same thing with mine - looking out for a cheap mk2 syncro, well have been for some time. I have loadssss of questions for you lol so if your at inters, would love to catch up.

I'm keeping the vr6 lump but will stick a turbo for a power of 350-400 ish. So just need some advise about gearbox etc etc. The most i've done on the rado is a quick service too lol so would love to take on this project like you did.

Well done again dude - whats it like getting off the line dumping the clutch at 4k?

Cheers,

Kenny

Thanks,

Sorry I had to shoot off...the heat was too much!

Nice rado, didn't notice the black roof :scratch: LOL, noticed all the other mods tho...very nice.

Yep should be at inters, probably the Sunday. Will keep an eye out for you, I should be on the Corrado Club stand.

As for driving...its pretty boring LOL Yet to wheel spin it....although I did manage to blow off a boost hose and murray clamp the other day, really freaked the missus out LOL Went back for the murray clamp and found it in the middle of the road tho! :D

Regards

Sukh

Some gratuitous pics of mine from DC09:

passat climatronic wiring diags.pdf1 dc09.jpg.JPG[/attachment:21u19zlo]

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdf2 dc09.jpg.JPG[/attachment:21u19zlo]

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdf3 dc09.jpg.JPG[/attachment:21u19zlo]

4 dc09.jpg.JPG[/attachment:21u19zlo]

After 2 years of being static, really enjoying just using the car again.

Been a busy week, went round the car checking literally every bolt to ensure it had not worked its way loose, had new tyres fitted and started prepping my alloys for a refurb.

Also had fun testing the new tyres :D weird sensation with the 4wd on MKs roundabout, if you chuck it round the roundabouts you can really feel the rear wheels dig in and push. Overall the car is pretty docile, missus is still scared to drive it tho :D

looking good dude!

i reckon the mrs is scared to drive it cos its your baby and she doesnt want to break it :lol:

mines plodding on, been preoccupied with other cars atm but its slowly getting more and more dine to it! 8)

looking good dude!

i reckon the mrs is scared to drive it cos its your baby and she doesnt want to break it :lol:

mines plodding on, been preoccupied with other cars atm but its slowly getting more and more dine to it! 8)

She was terrified last time she drove it LOL pulled up and refused to drive it!

Any progress is always good LOL

Love your car dude. :luvlove:

Cheers

Be good to put a few names to faces at inters, DC09 was pretty chaotic but good tho

Looks mint 8) One of my favourite Corrado's on the forum. I think the 1.8T and the 4wd is a good combination.

Cheers fellas.

Just need to sort out a shift light or buzzer, as it just seems to red line far too easily :D

saw your car at DC09, looked great, nice conversion!! very good work, hopefully mine will be there next year...

ou should bring this along to either the Nomads meet on thursday (Hemel) or if you fancy a run out a bit further there's easten dubs.. E6 ;)

Either way I bagsy first ride! :wave:

ou should bring this along to either the Nomads meet on thursday (Hemel) or if you fancy a run out a bit further there's easten dubs.. E6 ;)

LOL don't think the missus will let me out! Was out all day Sunday at inters when I promised I'd be back in a few hours :nuts:

Saw the nomads stand at inters tucked all the way at the back, are u coming up to any mk meets?

saw you last wk sukh... i was in my Mk3 golf...

Cool...were u at inters? didn't spot u anywhere

LOL don't think the missus will let me out! Was out all day Sunday at inters when I promised I'd be back in a few hours :nuts:

Saw the nomads stand at inters tucked all the way at the back, are u coming up to any mk meets?

Dunno aut MK, there's talk of another Euroville trip up to Cov though!

I can def suggest the OEM style JSB shift light kit from mrbeige on here.

:wink:

saw you last wk sukh... i was in my Mk3 golf...

Cool...were u at inters? didn't spot u anywhere

didnt go to inters..

Dude can i first say i ahve been dreaming about buying my first corrado for weeks now (and its still many months off yet) but you have pretty much done everything i want to do witht he 4x4 covnersion except i will be looking at a R32 engine conversion, but major Kudos for what you have done it really is astonishing.

I know you have said that you began inexperienced and jsut learnt along the way and got stuck in, but unfortunately i wont have the luxury of that as it will be my daily driver as funds wont allow me to run two cars.

so my question is, do you know of anywhere you throw a corrado at and they do all this work for you?, if i had the time and the balls i would love to try this myself but i am lacking in both departments!!!

any help is appreciated :)

Regards