blue95

Corrado AWD 20VT

Good work glad its finally finished now, but i thought it was already finished months ago dude....

Good work glad its finally finished now, but i thought it was already finished months ago dude....

Should have been - got side tracked looking after the new nipper LOL - also the reason why I'm broke :(

Stumbled across a cheap 20v turbo lump......shame not to fit it LOL

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfbay1.jpg[/attachment:1nqg4wut]

bay2.jpg[/attachment:1nqg4wut]

At the moment no oil, no water, no fuel, no power steering and no electrics LOL

Lots of help needed, plenty of 20v turbo boys on here though!

see yr getting plenty of replies??? :scratch:

BTW bro, mate wont be able to pop over today.. his syncro G60 failed MOT... so sorting that today, then he's away 2mrw.. but he promised he will defo pop round & help out..

see yr getting plenty of replies??? :scratch:

BTW bro, mate wont be able to pop over today.. his syncro G60 failed MOT... so sorting that today, then he's away 2mrw.. but he promised he will defo pop round & help out..

Cheers Bally......really appreciate any help, so any time is cool.

Hope to have the oil system done tonight finally after Pirtek having to re-do the hose for the 3rd time yesterday.

Also the power steering system will be refilled tonight, put a notch in the subframe just in case of any contact with the PS pipes, also slightly re-routed the rest of the pipes now clears the intercooler and subframe nicely :clap:

Stumbled across a cheap 20v turbo lump......shame not to fit it LOL

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfbay1.jpg[/attachment:26etvl25]

bay2.jpg[/attachment:26etvl25]

At the moment no oil, no water, no fuel, no power steering and no electrics LOL

Lots of help needed, plenty of 20v turbo boys on here though!

Awesome mate! Makes sense with the 4wd!

Just went through the whole build, fair play for doing all the work. I'll be honest I couldnt be that patient to take my time doing this.

With a big turbo motor 4x4 is a necessary.

Just went through the whole build, fair play for doing all the work. I'll be honest I couldnt be that patient to take my time doing this.

Ah but will he go big turbo thats the question, and more worryingly if he does will he need to go Haldex as big turbos dont do any less than 300bhp????

Ah but will he go big turbo thats the question, and more worryingly if he does will he need to go Haldex as big turbos dont do any less than 300bhp????

yeah but even if he did go "Big turbo" plenty go over 300 bhp on 2wd so he has to be up on that surely?

Depends how you look at it though as the synchro system is not as strong, now over 300 lets say on 2wd will spin the wheels more easily and more often than say the same power on 4wd, as you know once spinning and no grip there the load through the transmission is not as great as when its gripping, due to the design of the rear diff been viscous coupling, the car is 2wd (the front not rear lol) then once the front starts to spin it transfers the power to the rear, the rear diff been the weak link, if i have got that right :scratch: hence why people go Haldex as its all stronger.

1st off blue95 sorry for slight high jack.

Junkie,is there a ruff synchro torque limit for a system such as this ??

Blue95 do you know how much power your going after?

cheers

Thanks for all your comments fellas.

Work is slowly progressing on the car....now have oil system and PS sorted. Need some help with the water bottle though, how do the 20v peeps on here plumb it in? As the existing location uses the highest point on the engine to connect to the reservoir. Also there seems to be a water pipe to the turbo that sits in the way of the drivers chassis leg.

As for power the BAM engine is kicking out 225bhp it has the ko4 turbo so has the potential for more. For ease of use I'm planning on using the QPE loom which should take it to 270bhp according to QPE. However I also have a few other mods for the engine that should take it close to 300bhp :)

As for the running gear 300bhp is the limit that is talked about, however I have have heard of peeps running 400bhp lumps with no probs. Guess its all down to how you drive. As far as I have looked into it the weak spot seems to be the gearbox, haven't heard of anyone blowing a diff or transfer box.

As for the syncro system, I believe the power split is 90% at the front and 10% at the rear to start with. When the traction is lost at the front power is shifted to the rear. Have a very old review on it somwhere LOL

That sounds more like it matey.

You are most likely right regards the gearbox been the weakest, i have also heard that there are 2 different types of gearboxes but dont know if 1 is stronger than the other, sure best place to find out is Dubforce. So whats the other plans for it to get to 300bhp we need more info not just carrots dangled??????

I would seriously look into the differentials though and the rear makes a huge difference to how the car behaves.

That sounds more like it matey.

You are most likely right regards the gearbox been the weakest, i have also heard that there are 2 different types of gearboxes but dont know if 1 is stronger than the other, sure best place to find out is Dubforce. So whats the other plans for it to get to 300bhp we need more info not just carrots dangled??????

I would seriously look into the differentials though and the rear makes a huge difference to how the car behaves.

LOL - Looked at uprated cogs...but they are silly money! The gbox has been modded though using tdi cogs :)

As for other mods I am looking at the breathing system, allready have a monster intercooler ;)

By the way stop building the car that i want, although i say you might break the synchro stuff it is still what i would put on the car even with my planned 20v engine.

By the way stop building the car that i want, although i say you might break the synchro stuff it is still what i would put on the car even with my planned 20v engine.

LOL...Thanks...I think!

Haldex will open up another can of worms I think.

Got back from Ed38 and feeling motivated again...some awesome motors there 8)

Quick updates:

Oil system sorted

PS steering system sorted

Inter cooler installed :D

cooler.jpg[/attachment:1njg841a]

And thanks to some very nice peeps at the show now have plenty of ideas what to do with the other loose ends!