blue95

Corrado AWD 20VT

Look at all my old syncro bits... you've cleaned them up well mate - looking good!

Do you want my exhaust mate as I'm not going to need it shortly?

Ben

LOL cheers.

What are you up to dude? thought you has a custom made exhaust not too far back? you gonna go for side exit exhaust? :D

Would love to have your zorst mate, but have had to resort to bargain hunting/scrounging :( Just bought a Rallye system a while back for the bargain price of £25 :lol: , only hassle was collecting it from Tamworth (the missus was not impressed!).

The bit I am going to have grief with is the manifold :( , as I am going to keep it as a valver for the winter/spring.

I always planned to turbo it, so never worried about the zorst as the Turbo would 'pressurise' the whole sytem and so I could be quite sloppy.

No worries.. just thought I'd offer. I'm sure there is an IHI 4wd mk2/mk3/corrado out there in need of a nice stainless zorst :)

Been a real lazy sod...usual excuses work, bad back etc etc.

here are a few updates anyhow, you will notice the OEM suspension LOL :) as I need to get some spacers sorted:

16-1.jpg

17-1.jpg

18-1.jpg

19-1.jpg

Fuel tank tonight, then can start her up finally!!

Been a real lazy sod...usual excuses work, bad back etc etc.

here are a few updates anyhow, you will notice the OEM suspension LOL :) as I need to get some spacers sorted:

Fuel tank tonight, then can start her up finally!!

Fair play dude, you cracked on with that! Did a better job than me with mine, eh? :lol:

Good skills anyway.... 8)

looks awesome mate! I see you have all new bolts etc.. and powdercoated the rear wishbones - all good ;-)

You'll just need some spacers on those rear wheels, had the same problem with the camber.. Looks very factory chap - WELL DONE!

Ben

Cheers guys

Fair play dude, you cracked on with that! Did a better job than me with mine, eh? :lol:

Good skills anyway.... 8)

Trust me.....theres have been plenty of times were I have thought WTF am I doing??

looks awesome mate! I see you have all new bolts etc.. and powdercoated the rear wishbones - all good ;-)

You'll just need some spacers on those rear wheels, had the same problem with the camber.. Looks very factory chap - WELL DONE!

Ben

Thanks for all the bits Ben, they have all scrubbed up real nice. Glad somone noticed the bolts!!! all new from VAG.

My neighbour was looking under the C the other week, think his comment that I have replaced every single component is pretty true LOL.

Been a while, had a new arrival to the family (little Baby Boy 'Dylan') on December 19th so things have been hectic!!!

Car has to take a back seat now, so drastic change of plans :(

Was going to powder coat front end bits, get some brembos, drop in a bigger lump etc etc, this aint gonna happen now though.

Plan for now is to use and install the bits I have, then work on power (engine) at a later date. So the 16v is going to be 4x4'd, then hopefully turbo'd or supercharged at later date when funds allow (famous last words) :lol:

Got the manifold off today, came off nice and easy was dreading rounding any bolts as the last thing I wanted was to remove the head. Should be a bare lump in there by the weekend ready for the gearbox swap.

In the meantime some WIP in progress pics:

Tear down started.....

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

Need to get this little lot installed....

23.jpg

...and this connected up to something..LOL

24.jpg

Looking good chap!!

Ben

Thanks - not long too go now.

Fitting your old VT mounts tonite :)

Any updates on your new project?

Ultima chassis is coming in March, bought a new corrado project to turn around before then though.. will post something soon once I can clear the back log of work I'm doing for other people.

Ben

Woah, that tranny tunnel is massive.

is that a bog standard corrado floorpan (i.e. do they all look like that?)

Yep standard tunnel, also has several other syncro features. Makes you wonder if VW were planning to make Corrado Syncro???

Ultima chassis is coming in March, bought a new corrado project to turn around before then though.. will post something soon once I can clear the back log of work I'm doing for other people.

Ben

Cool...VR6? anything else must seem too slow! LOL

Heard about this on Sunday night.. Thanks for the "big up" by the way! :D

May have to have a detour on way to a KOD meet to have a nose..

Woah, that tranny tunnel is massive.

is that a bog standard corrado floorpan (i.e. do they all look like that?)

Yep standard tunnel, also has several other syncro features. Makes you wonder if VW were planning to make Corrado Syncro???

Im sure I heard somewhere that it was the original idea. Would have been awesome, but too expensive!! :(

Awesome work bro & congrats on the new born... :D

will have to pass by sometime soon....

Thanks.

With any luck be able to take you round for a spin soon :)

Prop finally fitted at (1:30 am last night)! Drivetrain complete :clap:

Major mileston for me :D

Re-used the syncro prop heatsheilding as the C has the holders in the right place allready 8)

Some of the latest pics:

Only prob was rubber dougnout on the transfer box end - P steering pipe had to be re-profiled to provide clearence:

prop1.jpg

prop2.jpg

Just need to squeeze a downpipe past this little lot then I can take her for a blast!

prop3.jpg

Awesome work Sukh! Where will the exhaust fit round the prop shaft? Doesn't appear to be a great deal of room there :shock:

Yipes that took a bit of a jump!

Was that all stock Syncro bits or did you use Rallye?

What happened at the front end?

I know of a mk2 Syncro rusting away peacefully...

Cheers fella's - so glad it's done, got so many things on these days its hard to find time to work on it.

The downpipe is going to be tricky, putting a turbo on it would have made life easier as you have to pay less attention to pipe angle/flow than a NA motor.

Front end wise nothing exciting happened really, I wold have liked to strip and powder coat, but instead I just painted bits with hammerite. Then again I did pflex the front end, fit a set VT engine mounts, change the brake lines, fit some goodridges and upgrade the brakes and discs to 280mm versions (bought these off KADVR6 ages ago) :D

Drivetrain wise it is 99% rallye, the only bit I haven't got is the counterweight for the rear diff. The gearbox is Bens old one with the tdi cogs 8)