Sign in to follow this  
Jim

Be careful how you treat tailgaiters...

i tend to drive big miles all over the uk and have met my share of fu*kwits, from the `control freak` type that will pull into your path on a dual carriageway to regulate your speed or will sit in the way doing below the speed limit and the second you go to overtake ( or have the opportunity ) they put their foot down, right up to aggressive drivers that have tried to `force` me off the road, i always keep something in the cab ( behind the seats ) these days after an indident in wandsworth where for no apparent reason some one had a problem with me sitting 12"s from their bumper ..... in a traffic jam for fecks sake, a bit of pushing and shoving went on but it could have escalated into something much more dangerous. It`s a dangerous place being on the roads these days thats for sure

Wow, that was some kind of pyscho after that Skoda.

I had an incident where I was coming up of a side road onto a hill with lots of traffic, a white van let me out, should I continue, lol, well I thanked him and being in my G60 I rolled down the hill slowly without an acceleration to the cue of parked cars in front of me, as I did so the white van overtook me to sit one space in front of me behind the cue of traffic which really fecked me off especially as it was first thing in the morning on a wet road, I wasn't happy about accelerating towards cued traffic, I clapped them and they shouted some nice words, not, I went down the hill behind them and unfortunately the traffic split into two lanes so now I am sitting beside this white van, the guy in the passenger side rolled down the window and spat on my car, fortunately my window was now closed but this could have turned a lot worse, so I agree, don't rise to the bait.

I think you'll get a lot of 'been there done that' Jim. I hope no-one comes across people like this, but it seems they're all over the place.

I had a very similar one last year; Mk4 Golf, long chase etc, but no knife in this one, just a skinhead loon wanting to settle the score after he almsot wiped out the front end of my C whilst he was doing about 50 in a 30; I was very cool until he slowed down to 20, whereby I gestured it ws a thirty with three fingers - being blind he must've though it was a V and the story goes on.

Seems that if you want to stay alive you gotta stick your head in the sand and runaway / keep well away from these psychos :shocked!: :help:

Holy nutters Batman!

Just where are the feds when you need them anyway?

Would not suprise me if the two kids in question had nicked the car and where smashed out of their tiny little minds.

lol, I'm clearly not unique. I got followed by some berk after a brief exchange of words after he had cut me up. I drove into the nearest Police Stations car park and he disappeared :)

Those kids were clearly on drugs. No sane person would stab someone else over such a trivial provocation.

Chances are, if they had caught skoda man, they wouldn't have done anything..... they felt superior cause they out numbered him and over confident due to the speed or coke. It's one thing to feel invincible inside your little metal box intimidating people, but to step out of it into the real world and take someone's life is another.

Seems to be a lot of these kind of stories going around at the moment, so I think I'll pay JJB a visit and get that aluminimum base ball bat I've been promising myself.....and the obligatory mit and ball to support your argument for having it if the fuzz pull ya over ;-)

Or my favourite 7 iron would make a nasty dent in someone's head.... in self defense of course ;-)

I got backed into an unavoidable situation once. A pair of physcos (a lad and his missus!) caught up with me after a similar trivial thing Skoda man 'instigated'. He got out and started banging the door telling me to get out (I locked the doors) and his missus jumped out and put a wheel brace through my rear window (this was in my Golf days several years ago). Undoubtedley her and that brace would have ended up coming round to the side of the car and buried it into my skull.....so I just floored it through some red lights and got the feck out of dodge city! Feckin physcos.

Blinky, bang on mate. That is precisely what you should do if you know where the fuzz are based ;-)

:shocked!: ouch kev! A choice between asking for payment of a new windown and getting your skull bashed in versus paying for the window your self. They're mad

In addition to the old reasons for thie behaviour - ie lack of money and proper job means consequences dont matter as much, or similar smak heads are on a high and re-enacting thier Z's Dead Baby scene - I think lots of people are getting more aggressive.

I dont understand it ; dont these people have a sense of fairness in them? Dont they realise its all so trivial and better forgotten and dont these people not realise that getting a criminal record could shaft future job chances????

As posted before I commented on some bloke (fully suited) getting arsy and giving me the bird because he chose to hog the outside lane - whats he on?

Then on the otehr hand there was a young lad the oterhday who blatantly took the pizzle outta me by pushing ahead and forcing me to reverse when I'd been waiting all day to get through (my right of way too). Now if I didnt have a decent job, I was tempted to give him a proper kicking (as seen as he wasn't that big either), just as a matter of principal. Obviously I let it go and felt I should've done somthing about it, but now Im glad I didnt because did it really matter that I was held up a bit longer?! no!.

Woah, that's kerrazy! I haven't encountered any of these nutcases yet but I have sworn a few times at people who are wrong on the road :oops:

This is just getting worse! It's best just to keep your cool, although that's pretty difficult when these people drive dangerously. Wankers!

It's like the Speilberg film "Duel"! Unbelievable - I've had guys driving so close to me that I couldn't see their headlights and had extreme difficulty turning into a street as he was glued to my bumper! I just try and keep calm! It's really not worth it.

Crazy people.

I've seen some pretty angry folk on the raod before but nothing like that!

I've had far far too many incidents where peopl ehave tried to batter me.

I think I just have one of them faces that people generally wanna smash in.

I've had fists through my window in traffic.

Had builders nearly drive me into underpasses in rush hour traffic, then get out and kick my car....

Blah blah blah getting kinda used to it now.

complete madness, there really are some mentalists out there

Seems to be a lot of these kind of stories going around at the moment, so I think I'll pay JJB a visit and get that aluminimum base ball bat I've been promising myself

I keep 'The Stopper' in the car (named by my uncle), and have pulled it out once in 4 years (when a guy tried to open my drivers door in a traffic jam, shouting away).

not the most legal of things, but I would prefer to have it and not use it, than vice versa.

sad that you feel the need to protect yourself really, but its a sign of the times

and the obligatory mit and ball to support your argument for having it if the fuzz pull ya over ;-)

ummmz, not that I am condoning this or anything, but depending on how wide it is, the skirt trim between the base of the drivers seat and the door is a nice hiding place, thats where The Stopper lives

Scary stories gentlemen, a friend had a lovely black Mini Cooper 1340, he expressed his disatisfaction with a 2 finger salute :fist: to another roaduser who had annoyed him & drove off. The trouble was the lights changed up the road & the guy caught up with him :shocked!:

Apparently the other guy was a complete meathead & built like a gorilla :shock: , he leapt out of his van & tried to rip the driver's side door off the Mini, my mate nearly sha* himself :pale: but luckilly the lights changed & he was able to get away still breathing. :cheers:

I nearly always think about that situation before "signalling" other drivers, & remember a lovely Corrado nearly always has an effect on some others either appreciation or envy, so be careful.

I think I just have one of them faces that people generally wanna smash in..

PMSL!! :lol: :lol:

If you carry a bat etc in the car you need to ask yourself if you're prepared to use it, and to what degree. If your gonna smack someone with a bat, you have to do it properly or your gonna be dealing with someone twice as p!ssed off as before. personally, i'd rather run/drive then cave someones head in, whatever the situation.

Also, what if you go to smack someone, and they manage to grab the bat? they're not gonna let you just walk away..

However, maybe i've got the wrong end of the proverbial bat, and its just incase the opportunity arises for an impromtue game of rounders with the young scally. :lol:

bristolbaron, good point indeed. All very well carrying a weapon but actually intending to hit someone with it or even threatening them could make the situation even worse.

This is getting to familiar it really is - and just reminds me that i need to wind my neck when i come across these psychos.

I have a regular thing where the driveway to my place is off a fairly busy 30 mph road where everyone hits 40mph on average. To be able to make it into my driveway i need slow down to about 5 / 10 miles an hour and almost hit full lock.

Everyday when arriving home from work, this always pisses someone off and i get a dirty look as they drive pass?!?? - however, there is nothing else i can do and no other way of parking except cane it through the garden fence, hit the handbrake and proberbly run over charly the cat who tends to hang out in the drive for when i get home.

Once the above scenarion was in place and a guy in old JAG called me a c**t (serious) and waved a fist at me, so i gestered in a 'yeah,yeah,f**kin,yeah' way. Next minute he has stops the car in the middle of the road and is out pacing towards me, palms facing outwards, while he spits out "c'mon then mate, lets go!' -

Now check this out - "I said i was sorry" which i hated doing - so why???? -

At the end of the day this was where I lived and luckily being in my later years the thought hit my not so often clever brain "this is right outside your home luke, what if this psycho comes back and just the GF is in on her own". That outweighed my pride and the missus said she was proud of me - awwwwww :oops:

Good move i'd say Luke. Swallow your pride for the sake of future 'situations'. These people need medical help!

Everyday when arriving home from work, this always pisses someone off and i get a dirty look as they drive pass?!?? - however, there is nothing else i can do and no other way of parking except cane it through the garden fence, hit the handbrake and proberbly run over charly the cat who tends to hang out in the drive for when i get home.

You'd only have to do that once if you get it right ;) :lol:

Blimey! The world really is getting angrier and going nuts.

Worst thing that happened to me was a builder's white van deliberately nudging me in the rear bumper at traffic lights in Edinburgh years ago. I must have done something to upset him earlier (don't know what, by the way) and machismo and testosterone caused him to go a bit over the top in front of his mates.

Not that long ago, the only aggro on the road involved a bit of gesticulating and horn parping. I did that, too, when I was a young commuter. Now I try and keep a low profile and be as courteous as possible. Looks like this might be the best policy nowadays.

Good karma works with most people but not always with those under the influence of "mind-altering drugs".

You'd only have to do that once if you get it right ;) :lol:

hahaha :lol: