Sign in to follow this  
logicaltuning

coming back from the dark side

well im going to be selling my volvo run-about soon as im getting back onto two wheels for fun and work.

which means that my sat-in-the-garage-since-novemeber rado will venture back onto the black stuff!

so in essence its going to become an everyday car again

this is still in keeping inline with my re-invented project idea

so who else uses there rado everyday, i know renshaw does, and havea a feeling OSV does - and its these two that are spurring me on :D

I do use mine as an everyday car but then things break,it does 15mpg (VR6) to and from college so im thinking of maybe taking it off the road in winter, purely so i can work on her, save money, do more things and keep her off the salty roads. Plus wouldnt mind keeping milage down, at 178K.

But i do feel an arse for doing so,cars are ment to driven and all that so im not decided yet!

Mine is a daily driver too, about 350 miles a week on average.

Apart from a bog standard MK2 8V GTI I once had, the Rado has so far proven to be the most reliable of the 7 or 8 VW's I've owned - in terms of miles covered. 70K covered in the Rado over 3 years and hasn't broken down once. My Golfs, bar one, all did.

me i use mine every day,, its designed to be used!!

when i got it a couple years ago it had 57000 miles on it, and i am racking them up at a hell of a rate of knots and modifying for more performance along the way,, love it!!

split between my bike and car for work. Bike when i can due to it being a 150+ mile round trip each day. Been using mk2 vr every day for past mth as bike is ill. Think im keeping sultan of brunei in sandals at the moment amount of fuel im using

Gav

I need a car for work, and mines it!

Bout 200 miles a week, quite a bit in traffic. Hence the mocal oil cooler! :)

My C has got to be my daily driver. Doing about 250 mile/week. The bike is for fun only and couldnt see me turning upto work as a power-ranger to get changed in the toilets.

yup, H-YYU is a daily driver... about 350miles a week... I built her to be driven and wouldn't have it any other way... 8)

SERIOUSLY considering an LPG conversion at the moment though as Optimax is now over 101p per litre around here! :crazyeyes: :(

yep, mines my daily whip. 130miles to work a back a week, plus a bit more for my weekly mountain bike outings, and when I'm done riding my bike and its covered in mud it goes straight inside the car, not on a roof rack!

(although I do at least use a tesco value shower curtain to protect the cloth, works a treat!)

used and abused!

yup, H-YYU is a daily driver... about 350miles a week... I built her to be driven and wouldn't have it any other way... 8)

SERIOUSLY considering an LPG conversion at the moment though as Optimax is now over 101p per litre around here! :crazyeyes: :(

LPG?

£1.01 tell me about it; same here, so I only put in £30 hoping I'd find a cheaper location for Opx