Sign in to follow this  
Walesy

Junior Mechanic F**k Up!!

:lol: oh dear oh dear oh dear, i bet whoever done that must have cacked himself when that fell off the pads :shock: , almost as bad as the stoopid old sod at this vauxhall dealership near me that stuck a robin reliant over a pit ............. think about it......... 3 wheels :lol:

Luckily no-one was working underneath it when it happened! i'd imagine you'd have a bit of a headache if a GTI landed on you

:lol:

At least it was at a main dealer - maybe they'll realise how bad the prices are on replacement parts when they have to fix it!

At least it was at a main dealer - maybe they'll realise how bad the prices are on replacement parts when they have to fix it!

rofl, brilliant :D

Holy cow.. imagine just walking into the garage bit and seeing your car like that!! You'd go ape $hit!!!

bet it'd be a write off too as that arm that's gone in through the window will have hit the roof and damaged the top of the door frame...

Yeh imagine if it was your corrado. I think i would have a heart attack. Now i know why i dont take mine to the steallers!!!!!!

Looking at it again, it doesn't look that badly damaged to me.

Easier to work on like that, no craning your neck up anymore!

bet it'd be a write off too as that arm that's gone in through the window will have hit the roof and damaged the top of the door frame...

Exactly, which is why I'm calling a "Pshop" on that one. :lol:

There's no way the car would just suddenly plop off the arms. You can quite clearly see the car going up askew within the first few inches of travel, if the arms aren't positioned correctly.

Mind you, I've known YTS mechanics to fill engines with oil until it's level with the filler before....so you never know!

I once heard a story about t trainee filling up a diesel to the brim with oil, started it up then found out that they couldnt turn it off. something to do with the way diesels work. they had to wait till it died i think

Ah yes....I didn't expand the pictures. I can see the big skid mark down the door now (by the mirror), which is what I was looking for ;-) Does look genuine then in that case :-)

The front wing is also buckled too, indicating a high impact. The floor is almost certainly bent now! Write off city!

I once heard a story about t trainee filling up a diesel to the brim with oil, started it up then found out that they couldnt turn it off. something to do with the way diesels work. they had to wait till it died i think

Yeah, my mate had an old van in for MOT which they couldn't turn off after the smoke test... The oil in the engine seeps past the rings and acts like diesel fuel meaning that the engine will keep going until it runs out of oil... Only way to stop it is to try and stall the car... not easy on a metal set of ramps... :shock:

chrishill, i think the kangeroos safe

just thinking about that happening to my car makes me cringe!

looking closer at the photos, it's taken BOTH doors on the passenger side and probably the B pillar too... If that car isn't a write off, it should have been.... :|