Jim

Jim's Corrado - ciao to the Fiat! Hello to.. (P64)

There have been a million threads on this already but just wanted to kick off my members gallery thread! So apologies if its been done to death but this is the last one, promise!

Obviously this is formerly scarletts Corrado, which I purchased just under a week ago.

So far as I know it has the following spec:

* 1994 2.0 16v in Flash Red

* 165,600 miles on the clock

* Black cloth interior

* Top end rebuild on engine, including KR cam mod - producing 157BHP

* Drilled airbox with Jetex Panel Filter

* Powerflow Backbox

* Corrado G60 brake setup

* 9x16 Borbet T's sporting Toyo T1-S's

* Koni Suspension (not sure which springs!)

* Eibach anti roll bars

* Badgeless grille / eyebrow combo

Plans for the future? Who knows... going to try and keep this one for more than a year though. I want to change the Powerflow backbox for a more traditional oval aftermarket one (supersprint?), change the Borbet T's to something a little more suitable for daily road use, and jack the suspension up a little as its just too low for me! Other than that, just keep it clean and well loved!

Few piccies attached which I just went out and snapped tonight seeing as it was such a nice evening!

Cheers.

rubynew1.jpg

rubynew2.jpg

rubynew3.jpg

We've already started a book on what you'll get next :lol:

Looks good Jim - welcome back to the fold!

Yeah.. you're not kidding mate.. one of the reasons I wanna get it jacked back up a bit when I have some narrower wheels!

Nice to have you back Jim and yeah I hope you keep it for more than a year too ;)

How's it compare to your previous C's?

Hm.. its a real mixed bag to be honest!

I don't like the ride compared to my first valver - that was totally standard and had only done 87k so obviously it felt 'newer' - but the engine on this is far far punchier and despite having done 165k feels very smooth and drives great.

Suspension setup seems softer than my old G60.. but its definately not as quick as that. Not exactly a surprise there! :)

To be honest I like it as much as i've liked my others.. but the more I drive it, the more I want to switch to a more sensible handling setup.. narrower wheels, slightly higher ride! :)

I'd love to leave it as is but.. I bump every time I come in and out of my flat's offroad car parking, so not that practical for every day!!

I nearly bought this before Scarlett did, seem to remeber it was living in Blackpool, lovely car but I'd set my heart on a G60

Red is a real marmite colour with the Corrado but i've always thought about having a red C.. and it seems to get a few looks! :)

Red is a real marmite colour with the Corrado but i've always thought about having a red C.. and it seems to get a few looks! :)

i bet their all blokes with tight tee shirts :lol: you lucky bugger

its a nice car hope you enjoy it and tbh it would look benefit from some narrower wheels and jacking it up a lil

and jack the suspension up a little as its just too low for me! Other than that, just keep it clean and well loved!

looks nice, and i was going to suggest dropping it a couple more inches :lol:

The car is looking stunning, Jim. What wheels are you thinking of? Can't really beat Estorils IMHO 8)

I'd like a set of original G60 BBS's to be honest mate.. never been an enormous fan of the Estorils if i'm honest!! :(

And I just can't run it any lower Lee.. I think i'd go nuts to be honest mate!! It just crosses the line between good looks and total impracticality for a daily driver.

n1 Jim, looks very good :)

I may even get some pics of my VR up soon, I've only had it 4 years :D

looks nice, and i was going to suggest dropping it a couple more inches

was thinking the same Lee, never did like a big gap between tyre and arch, needs dropping!!! :lol: but i can understand why it needs to go up as it a daily driver like mine. have you thought about swapping the spolier for a 50mm 1? would save on the old " crunch, scrap ooooooo that sounds bad " routine on the old speed bumps!!! and red rado's do look rather tasty. good buy that man.

Cheers

Ben

I had thought about that mate but its not just the scraping chin - its just the way the car drives on 9x16's.. steering is vague and heavy, and especially on uneven roads even light potholes and road markings pull you off course! Takes some serious getting used to after the the quite soft and steady handling of the MK4..

looking good jim, saw it briefly at stealth last nov.

that top pic looks mint, first time i`ve liked the late bonnet (still prefer early tho)

like the way the black side strips, door andles and indicators contrast

agree on the exhaust (like i`m one to talk :lol:)

get rid of that rear wiper

the front ride height looks spot on but the back a bit high, i`d just raise the front though to make it even

and finally agree on narrower wheels

good choice mate

I had thought about that mate but its not just the scraping chin - its just the way the car drives on 9x16's.. steering is vague and heavy, and especially on uneven roads even light potholes and road markings pull you off course! Takes some serious getting used to after the the quite soft and steady handling of the MK4..

Dejavou !! I told you didnt i Jim 8)

Yeah.. I hadn't done any miles at the point I talked to you Darren and my drive home was just motorway so I didn't really notice. But past couple of days of normal driving.. it is very annoying!! :|

TBH Jim i really like my suspension being std, but i doesn’t look as good. However if i had to choose i would have comfort.

like i have just gone back to a standard exhaust - sooo much better (i must just be getting old!!)

I have always said that this car looks stonking !

the handling and ride quality do get better on 15s - i might be able to swap you the T's for a set of G60 BBS's that have been brought to our attention.... i can get you pics and details if you want?