Sign in to follow this  
Drof

Powerflow exhaust

I am soon going to need a new exhaust system for my c. There is a powerflow dealer local to me has anyone got one of these system fitted on their G60. Any good?

yeah, ive got one, STAY AWAY!! they are loud and horrible, make yourself an appointment at G-werks and have one of their ones fitted, thats what im off to do on the 22nd ! :D they also sit really low to the ground...not good if you want so slam the car like i have- ive got about an inch clearence between the ground and the centre box, as a result it scrapes all the time and now bangs and rattles whenever you put your foot down. Talk to Darren and get one of g-werks-you wont regret it!!

I thought Powerful custom made the exhausts to your spec on the car?

Surely if you ask for it not to be too loud they would cater for it?

Planning on getting one custom made on mine after I buy a six branch! I think they supply high flow cats that I would also be fitting.

Im not saying that the G-werks isnt a good option either ! :)

i had a powerflow system fitted,they make it as loud as you ask for it,not had any probs yet plus you get a lifetime guarantee if you go back every year for a check up that is

from what i know they cant make a 'quiet' system. they are either loud or VERY LOUD!!! mine will be up for sale soon if you want it, check my gallery, you can have it for 75 quid!

don't get me wrong if i was nearer gwerks i would have had one of there systems fitted for sure,who knows in the future might just take the car there an get the full werks done :)

yeah, ive got one, STAY AWAY!! they are loud and horrible, make yourself an appointment at G-werks and have one of their ones fitted, thats what im off to do on the 22nd ! :D they also sit really low to the ground...not good if you want so slam the car like i have- ive got about an inch clearence between the ground and the centre box, as a result it scrapes all the time and now bangs and rattles whenever you put your foot down. Talk to Darren and get one of g-werks-you wont regret it!!

My c has been lowered low not by me but by the pervious owner fitted with G Max some thing I need to change, Do your front wheels rud on full lock inside the arch against the strut?

Check my galley, my cars is lowered on some coilovers anyway, so dont rub, i always thought g-max springs were a bit cheap and rough ? get some nice coilovers on it when you can afford to, and then you cn ut the ride height where you want it!! think ive got about another 4-6 cm of lowering to go until i get all the way down!!

Mines Powerflow and if I'm honest it's maybe a little too loud for every day use - but I don't use it daily so no problem 8)

When I had it fitted they ask how you want it on a scale of 1 to 10 - 5 being how loud the standard exhaust is... with that in mind I'd say they can be very quiet!

If your near london id recomend Torque Exhausts 020 8805 9995. Theyre based in enfield in north london and unlike powerflow they use the top 3-04 grade stainless steel which doesnt rust on the inside (like other cheaper grades) and every single system they make is completely customised to your requirements. They do all our performance cars for us, anything from a golf to a custom corvette to a ferrari. Tony or Simon are the ones to speak to. tell em i sent you.

I've got one on my VR6 and I think its tat to be honest. I know a good place with an awesome fitter... Z-EX..but its in Cardiff :/