What to do with the Corrado of Dooooooooom  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What to do with the Corrado of Dooooooooom

• I like ham
    • Brake it
    • Sell it as it is
    • Spray it and 20vt it
    • Leave it as it is - an embarassment to the Corrado's name

My latest purchase has to be the worst car i've ever bought :( - It's like banging my head against a brick wall!

Having been blatently lied to by the bastard that sold it to me i've had nothing but hassle from it! - may the next car he buys blow up on the way home ! :lol:

My initial plan was to put a 20VT in it, but having looked it over it's just not a straight enough platform to start with. So my next thought was to break it for parts or strip it and sell the shell as a track slag as it's got no sunroof, but Wifey absolutely loves the thing so I spent a few quid on the engine and got it running nicely for her to use . She does alot of mileage with her job so she loves the economy of it - i'll have to take a pic of the MFA one day - last night it was showing 47mpg on our way to one of the local beaches - it's genuinely remarkable on fuel.

However, after getting it running nicely it's been nothing but a bastard in return. A couple of weeks ago I was out with my missus and a friend at Watergate Bay - some of you may know the area , there's a very steep hill overlooking the beach with a small parking area on the hill that Trigger uses while he's at work - I parked the car up there and went off to sit on the cliffs and admire the view with a couple of 'fat ones' ..about 10 mins later we heard a voice behind us:

" excuse me mate, is that your black Corrado parked up on the hill? "

" Errrr, yes mate,"

" It's just rolled down the hill into my car! "

:shock:

Yep , good ole Corrado rear calipers did it again :lol: - unfortunately I didn't have a camera on me to take a pic of just how lucky we were. There was a car parked behind us that the C had rolled into catching the corner of the bumper by a couple of inches - if this car hadn't of been there , or if the steering wheel had been turned at an angle then the car would literaly gone off the cliff and landed on Jamie Oliver's new ' Fifteen' resturaunt ( where Trigger works ) or landed in the cark park next to it which was full of people :shock: . When I got back to the car it was sticking out into the road and the bumper was embedded in the Ford Focus that had luckily stopped it in it's tracks!

Luckily , the Focus was a hire-car and the guy that came to get us had hired it - he was on holiday in it and was obviously quite concerned about having to pay excess etc. He could see that the handbrake was on so knew it wasn't exactly our fault so after a bit of a chat and a laugh I left him my details and told him to ring me if the hire company noticed the bump and i'd cover his excess - thankfully this was over 2 weeks ago now so I assume he/we got away with it :)

So now the rear bumper is damaged aswell as the big dent and all sorts of bodywork nightmares that were on the car when I bought it :roll:

Then yesterday, I went out to get something from the boot and noticed a huge crack in the drivers side door :( - Some fecker has driven into it and buggered off without leaving a note :( . So now it really does look like a piece of sh1t.

I'm now left with a dilema. Do I :

A. Leave the car as it is - Since my missus only passed her driving test 6 months ago , it might be a bit of a risk getting the car resprayed as the roads/carparks around here are pretty dodgy as far as paintwork goes ( scratches galore! ) and jsut use it as a cheap run-around

B. Have the car fully re-sprayed , and fit a 20VT - this goes against my better judgement as it will cost alot to get it into the right condition for a conversion

C. Sell the car as it is, loosing a few hundred quid in the process

D. Brake the car / sell the shell to someone for track use ( and sell the sunroof-less headlining to VEEDUBBED as he seems to have been looking for one for ages :lol: )

My gut reaction is to sell the car as it is, it's been a wrongun from the start as far as i'm concerned , and I want to see the back of it, If it wasn't for my wife's 'love' for the car it would have gone a while ago. I've got no idea what the best course of action is from here :?

P.S If you read this jezzaG60 - you're not allowed to vote as you stand to make a feck load if it's 20V'd :wink:

Leave her, It might turn out to be a future classic! Haha. Seriously tho, why rush, why not wait till the winter and save up some cash from the cheap fuel bills etc, it won't matter too much if it gets bumped or scratched in the mean time.

why not wait till the winter

Wait till the winter for what? :)

it won't matter too much if it gets bumped or scratched in the mean time.

That's the point I think, while Em ( wifey ) is getting to grips with the roads etc it might be best that she's got a pig to drive around in.

I suppose that's the sensible option, it;s just annoying that the one Corrado we've got is our sh1tty run-about. I'm on the lookout for a nice VR6 for myself , when I find one I suppose it won't annoy me as much having a ratty 8v

there's a very steep hill overlooking the beach with a small parking area on the hill that Trigger uses while he's at work - I parked the car up there and went off to sit on the cliffs and admire the view with a couple of 'fat ones' ..about 10 mins later we heard a voice behind us:

" excuse me mate, is that your black Corrado parked up on the hill? "

" Errrr, yes mate,"

" It's just rolled down the hill into my car! " :shock:

:shock: Fookin hell that could've been bad!!

If I was you'd I'd keep using it and get your £'s worth out of it - as you say you missus might bump it so you'd be even more pee'd off if you'd just spent shed loads of cash on it.

Walesy> :agrue:

Fix it up once you've got a fair bit of use out of it.

Get it all rat'd out until you decide to get it sorted after she's been driving a bit longer 8)

I feel for you with the rears calipers mate. Mine did the same the other month, but as the steering wheel was turn at an angle, it went across the road and into my neighbours 4x4 :shock: but it probably wouldve hit the house down the street if the wheels were straight :shock:

Now it always gets left in gear!!!! ;)

You haven't listed the option I want in your poll!

Take it back to the car park over Mr Olivers restaurant and let nature do it's thing (preferably when the man him self is there) :lol:

why not wait till the winter

Wait till the winter for what? :)

Touching it with your modification stick of course!!!!!

Try not to worry that it is possibly the worst corrado in the world, as you are at least looking for a better one. I reckon it's better to have some sort of corrado, than own a corsa and have lots of spots, or something philosophical sounding.

I wish I had a daily runaround other than my rado, it makes me sad to think of the dirty people that might touch it while it's in the car park. and it's not exactly as if i can get any fun out of it in the traffic.

Can I also add that I like Ham, Egg and Chips from time to time?

Touching it with your modification stick of course!!!!!

:norty:

Try not to worry that it is possibly the worst corrado in the world, as you are at least looking for a better one. I reckon it's better to have some sort of corrado, than own a corsa and have lots of spots, or something philosophical sounding.

Wise words Mr Toad. Perhaps it's best to keep it as a daily hack/rolling sandpit/ bumper car

Can you imagine the headlines??

"Fat tounged mockeny tw@t and general school dinner lady botherer crushed to death by VW coupe. Top internet forum split between grief at loosing another rare vehicle, and joy at unpleasant demise of camper driving gimp"

Just think Walesy, you could probably get a nice VR Sponsered by Turkey Twizzler Corporation!!!!

You haven't listed the option I want in your poll!

Take it back to the car park over Mr Olivers restaurant and let nature do it's thing (preferably when the man him self is there) :lol:

ROFL!

Come on guys, think of poor old Trigger, he'd be out of a job if I ruined Fat Tounges place.

I like ham.

Stick with the thing, let laydee drive it.

If you want, stick steelies on it, rattle-can paint it matt-black and do a ratty 'rado :)

do what Corrados were built for - drive it! Sod the fact it's a bit tatty, now you've got it running right and have (hopefully) sorted the brakes out, get some usage out of it safe in the knowledge that Em's in a safer car than most first cars are, that it's a bit more stylish than most first cars and that you can always tart it up at some point in the future or sell it on once you've had some usage out of it or run it completely into the ground... 8)

Ham is always a popular option in CF polls.

Hmmm, ratty Rado? That would be one way of making it worth less than it already is :)

Cheers chaps, I think i'll just leave it as is for the mo , then think again when i've got myself a VR6 8)

Leave it as it is. My own Corrado's a piece of shite; why should yours be any different? :)

Seriously though, treat it as the cheap hack that it's turning into.

i'm with the leave-it-as-it-is brigade... if Em is enjoying owning the car then dont bloody touch it! you'll find a nice VR and then you can think about modificating it and just keeping the 8v on the road!!!

warning though - dont let Em drive the VR when you get one.... she'll want one next..... :)

I'm not different than anyone else with my opinion, leave it like it is and keep it, use it as a banger that it is, a banger of a corrado is better than no corrado at all :)

Leave it mate, as said above, no point having a full respray if it might get damaged straight off.

keep it running smooth, and think of it as an investment :)

I'm with the "leave it brigade", at least there might be one out there as tatty as mine!

I can confirm that if the car had rolled it would be very likely to come hurtling into the restaurant/land on the beach killing a few people on the way. I can let you know when fat tongue is around if you like Dave?

I reckon you should keep it for a bit, get it sorted then think about 20vt. Def don't sell it or you'll just be wasting money.

Pretty sure Em drove past us the other day and it looked very nice from where I was sitting. Plus you've got the great MPG.

OT: Are you up for Sunday lunch @ Salt?

I can confirm that if the car had rolled it would be very likely to come hurtling into the restaurant/land on the beach killing a few people on the way.

Of all the places to have rear caliper failure eh! :shock: - it could have been so much worse!

OT: Are you up for Sunday lunch @ Salt?

Can't i'm afraid matey, I'm busy most of the day - it's like running a B&B at the moment here :( - If you let me know what time you start work on Sunday eve I can maybe meet you outside so we can exchange rear lights ?

Yup that's cool, i'll most likely be round yours at about 3.30-4pm if that's ok.

PM'd