Sign in to follow this  
joebloggsVR69

Top Gear.. 8pm

AWESOME!!! Did anyone else find it emotional watching that crash???

yeah, really wierd, especially watching the first run.

The things he said before he made the runs as well!

Yeah my heart was going during the first run and more so on the second when he used the afterburner!!!

Best show comment for me was the 'waste of organs' one

But Mr White Teeth's prophetic comment was also great if it wasn't for the tension.

ot but how much do I want and XKR now. Just been on the jag website.................

Think I could wangle a test drive hee hee

That was awesome, and I ake my hat off to him!! Nice to see the Jaguar (plane) engine being put to good use 8)

You mean the one with constant power and variable noise? :wink:

Oi, dont slag off the mighty cat!!! 35 years of fighting feline fury!!! :lol:

Not bad considering it was designed to be a trainer.

Anyway we all know the only reason a Jag takes off is due to the curvature of the Earth ;)

Oi, dont slag off the mighty cat!!! 35 years of fighting feline fury!!! :lol:

Not bad considering it was designed to be a trainer.

Anyway we all know the only reason a Jag takes off is due to the curvature of the Earth ;)

All except for the "M" variant in the French Navy :shock:

im sorry but weve waited all this time for TG to come back and they start the show with an artical on laying a new road!?! WTF.

Hope there not gonna continue this trend of mainly cocking about.

I LOVE IT, WILL BE MY NEW SUNDAY THING FORM NOW ON TILL IT ENDS.

opps sorry caps lock but its too late to change it, sorry.

That was awesome, and I ake my hat off to him!! Nice to see the Jaguar (plane) engine being put to good use 8)

Thought they said it was a BAE Hawk Engine which is a Rolls-Royce / Turbomeca Adour 151 non-afterburning turbofan, As Used by the Dead Sparrows????

The car builders must've modified it with an afterburner though as the Hawk doesn't have one!

You mean the one with constant power and variable noise? :wink:

That's a phrase coined by many a trainee RAF pilot after piloting a Jet Provost, that engine is a Bristol Siddeley Viper T8 turbojet

God I'm sad :D :lol:

Hey was it just me or does Richard Hammond look thinner and more drawn?

(for a man that has just survived a 288mph crash :lol: )

Best news is more people watched Top Gear than the Bog brother final :lol: :!:

Yeah i thought that as well. I think he was very brave watching the crash, you could see him filling up at one point but you cant blame him i bet it was quite hard watching it!

Thought they said it was a BAE Hawk Engine which is a Rolls-Royce / Turbomeca Adour 151 non-afterburning turbofan, As Used by the Dead Sparrows????

The car builders must've modified it with an afterburner though as the Hawk doesn't have one!

The hawk engine is pretty much the same as the Adour Mk104 fitted to the Jag, however the Jag has the reheat (afterburner) stage. So why not just use that instead of bolting one to a Hawk engine??? Thats why I pretty much reckon its a Jag mk 104, but who knows of a Jag? Hence the referral to the Red Arrows ;)

Clarkson :lol:

'you have to crash the other way to get the record' :lol:

and to jamie oliver

'you look like special needs' :shock: :lol:

Best news is more people watched Top Gear than the Bog brother final :lol: :!:

Yup, thought that was brilliant... now they just need to get Hamsters road-roller from last nights show and flatten that sodding house to finish it off properly... preferably with the contestants still in it*

*except for Dirk 'Starbuck/Faceman' Benedict as the fella's a legend :notworthy:

Can't believe all the crud Clarkson is getting about the 'speed kills' comment. surely those eejits at Brake and the MPs can tell the difference between someone speeding on a normal road and someone strapped into a roll cage with full safety gear going down a runway? To quote Marvin the Martian "Ooooh, that makes me mad."

(for a man that has just survived a 288mph crash :lol: )

Must be all that celery...

Manged to loose over 2 stone in 2 months recovering after a bike accident.

Definitely takes it out of you.

I think the engine was a modded Hawk engine as the rear of the car didn't have the variable exhaust nozzle a la Jaguar as far as I could make out. Started too easily as well as Jag ardour was a pig sometimes! Sure a Sooty will tell me off :)

I think the engine was a modded Hawk engine as the rear of the car didn't have the variable exhaust nozzle a la Jaguar as far as I could make out. Started too easily as well as Jag ardour was a pig sometimes! Sure a Sooty will tell me off :)

Thats a fairly easy part to remove iirc. It was/is no worse to start than any other engine, its the muppet pushing the switches in the cockpit that causes the problems, and the Hawk suffers the same issues :lol: